It's official: Colorado red flag gun confiscations begin

I can go wherever I like and do whatever I want without ever having owned or carried a weapon of any sort. That is freedom. You need to take a gun to church and your kids cant go to school in safety, that is not freedom. You are a prisoner of the 2nd.

No. You can go wherever the Government lets you go and do whatever the Government lets you do. You have zero capability to stop your Government from telling you what to do.

I don’t NEED to take a gun anywhere. I do so as a reasonable precaution, just like buckling my seatbelt in my car and looking both ways before I cross the street.

However, I will agree that we have one hindrance to safety her in the USA... a Government that refuses to enforce laws and punish criminals.
Where cant I go ? Where is the government stopping me ?

The cops are welcome to all my guns.
Then you are unworthy of Freedom, Liberty, or any of the other assumed Rights and Privileges normally associated with Western Democrscy.
It isnt freedom or liberty if it requires a gun to back it up. You have a violent society that has not evolved since the days of the wild west.

That's rich, coming from a Brit.

I'll remind you that the United States was founded by great men who were fed up with abuses heaped upon us by the British government, and the lack of freedom and liberty that we were allowed by them. It took violence, it took the use of guns, to win our independence, and to protect it from a later attempt on Britain's part to take it back from us. My ancestors fought hard, to win for me and my countrymen today the basic freedoms that we Americans take for granted. Nearly two and a half centuries later, it is your degenerate shithole of a nation that still routinely violates the rights of its people, not just in refusing to allow them to be armed, but in imposing undue restrictions even on basic rights of speech and expression.

You're a product of this degenerate culture from which my ancestors fought to free us. You have no idea what freedom is, what liberty is, for you've never experienced, and your corrupt government will never allow you to learn of it.

And now, your government is failing to protect you from an invasion of violent Islamist savages, and it has kept you so brainwashed and ignorant that you welcome these invaders without question.

The one useful purpose that your nation serves is to provide a vivid reminded for us Americans of why we kicked yours countrymen out of our country nearly two and a half centuries ago.

What they just did was put the life of every LEO in Colorado at risk. Now, gun owners will be far more likely to be armed and prepared for a door knocking.

I hope cooler heads prevail.

iu

Where cant I go ? Where is the government stopping me ?

I don’t know; where can’t you go? You’d know better than me. The point was that your Government has the capability to enforce restrictions on your movement and travel without you having any form of resistance to it.

For those on the left who think guns should be banned or severely restricted, have you gotten rid of your guns yet? Why not?

In Tommy’s defense, I know from talking to some acquaintances in the U.K. that the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 are totally bypassed in their history curriculum. The USA just appears out of the mists of history in about 1815 according to their educational system.

Because they weren't that important, really.

The War of 1812 was just a side-show compared to Britain saving the World from Napoleon from 1796 to 1815. That they had to divert a few ships to bitchslap America isn't that important.

The thing is, the only thing most Americans can tell you about the "War of 1812" is that it happened in 1812.

I disagree with you on both topics. Both were good and necessary to the formation of this country and still have a place here today. Slavery in a different form, but it’s still a necessary thing even in this day and age.

Awesome. We should sell you into slavery... I'd say we could get at least $50.00 for you.

I can go wherever I like and do whatever I want without ever having owned or carried a weapon of any sort. That is freedom. You need to take a gun to church and your kids cant go to school in safety, that is not freedom. You are a prisoner of the 2nd.

Well said. The problem is that only about 20% of us own guns. The rest of us are held hostage by their fetish. We have to put up with security guards, metal detectors, active shooter drills, militarized police forces.

I'll remind you that the United States was founded by great men who were fed up with abuses heaped upon us by the British government, and the lack of freedom and liberty that we were allowed by them. It took violence, it took the use of guns, to win our independence, and to protect it from a later attempt on Britain's part to take it back from us. My ancestors fought hard, to win for me and my countrymen today the basic freedoms that we Americans take for granted. Nearly two and a half centuries later, it is your degenerate shithole of a nation that still routinely violates the rights of its people, not just in refusing to allow them to be armed, but in imposing undue restrictions even on basic rights of speech and expression.

Mormon boy- this is bullshit. The revolution was about a bunch of rich guys who didn't want to pay their taxes, and Most Americans at the time thought it was a bad idea. Only because the French took our side did we win.

The British empire abolished slavery 30 years before we did, without a bloody civil war. The British lock up on 68,000 people, we lock up 2 million. Our cops shoot 900 people a year, the British police only shoot a handful.

Every time you post you prove you know nothing about the US

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I know that it is a violent place that is outside the civilised norm. Its a tragedy that so many good people are oppressed by gun totin loons like yourself.
No you know nothing.

If you knew anything about the US you would know that 70 percent of all murders take place in very small very well defined areas of our poorest inner city areas.

The rest of the country is as safe or even safer than any other country

That remaining 30% still makes you more dangerous than the rest of civilisation. Its because you have guns and are angry.
Your suicide rates are higher as well. Again because you have easy access to guns. Many llives would be saved if you didnt.
No it really doesn't. That 70% of murders which our leaders and government has chosen to ignore could be eliminated and when you take that into account our murder rate would be 1.5 per 100000

And suicide isn't a crime it's a choice but then again what does one who allows himself to be ruled by an unelected monarch know about choice

And the UK has twice as many rapes and assaults annually than the US does so I wouldn't be too sure about your claim that the US is more dangerous
And the rest of the world would be on 0.0 per 100,000 and still well ahead. We have had this debate so often I should be shocked that you dont get it. There are no comparative figures for rape and sexual assault because all countries collate the data in a different way. You should know that as well.
So you have a different definition of rape?

I get that you brits might have a more expansive definition of assault because you're all so pussified

Mormon boy- this is bullshit. The revolution was about a bunch of rich guys who didn't want to pay their taxes, and Most Americans at the time thought it was a bad idea. Only because the French took our side did we win.

The British empire abolished slavery 30 years before we did, without a bloody civil war. The British lock up on 68,000 people, we lock up 2 million. Our cops shoot 900 people a year, the British police only shoot a handful.
Most people in prison in the US are merely awaiting trial and have not been convicted of any crime

Well said. The problem is that only about 20% of us own guns. The rest of us are held hostage by their fetish. We have to put up with security guards, metal detectors, active shooter drills, militarized police forces.

The 80% of you disarmed morons should be happy the 20% of us allow you to continue to exist. I’m in favor of requiring gun ownership and training for every male over 21.

Then move there. For once in your pathetic life, stop bitching and actually DO SOMETHING!

Every time you post you prove you know nothing about the US

I know that it is a violent place that is outside the civilised norm. Its a tragedy that so many good people are oppressed by gun totin loons like yourself.
No you know nothing.

If you knew anything about the US you would know that 70 percent of all murders take place in very small very well defined areas of our poorest inner city areas.

The rest of the country is as safe or even safer than any other country

That remaining 30% still makes you more dangerous than the rest of civilisation. Its because you have guns and are angry.
Your suicide rates are higher as well. Again because you have easy access to guns. Many llives would be saved if you didnt.
No it really doesn't. That 70% of murders which our leaders and government has chosen to ignore could be eliminated and when you take that into account our murder rate would be 1.5 per 100000

And suicide isn't a crime it's a choice but then again what does one who allows himself to be ruled by an unelected monarch know about choice

And the UK has twice as many rapes and assaults annually than the US does so I wouldn't be too sure about your claim that the US is more dangerous
And the rest of the world would be on 0.0 per 100,000 and still well ahead. We have had this debate so often I should be shocked that you dont get it. There are no comparative figures for rape and sexual assault because all countries collate the data in a different way. You should know that as well.
The murder rate will NEVER be zero

Most people in prison in the US are merely awaiting trial and have not been convicted of any crime

Not sure why you think this is relevant to anything.
It is because it reveals a flaw in our system

We could easily reduce our prison population by half or more if we revamped the arraignment and bail policies

Kind of like the way we could reduce the murder rate by concentrating law enforcement efforts in the places where the most murders occur

We could easily reduce our prison population by half or more if we revamped the arraignment and bail policies

Kind of like the way we could reduce the murder rate by concentrating law enforcement efforts in the places where the most murders occur

We could reduce our crime rates by banning guns and having sensible social welfare policies... you know, like every other social democracy.

We won't. We are still stupid, we are still mean.

We could reduce our crime rates by banning guns and having sensible social welfare policies... you know, like every other social democracy.

We won't. We are still stupid, we are still mean.
No it wouldn't

Did you know that there are more crimes where the number of guns per person are the lowest?

Of course you don't know that because you never bother to actually understand the issues you rant about

Forum List

Back