It's No Wonder Liberals Are Always Complain About the Rich

they hate the rich (or the conservative rich) because they believe that there is only so much to go around, and if you have a lot, you must have taken it (usually unfairly) from someone else, probably someone with a darker skin color than you.

Liberals don't 'hate' the rich, or hate anyone for that matter. But liberals don't worship the rich like you right wing Monica Lewinsky's do.

There are 2 types of people that vote Republicans, millionaires and suckers...

considering there were about 8 million millionaires in the US in 2009, that must mean there are a lot of suckers out there...probably all racists homophobes too

Do you have a reading problem?

THE Arthur Brooks study

Arthur Brooks writes: "When it comes to giving or not giving, conservatives and liberals look a lot alike. Conservative people are a percentage point or two more likely to give money each year than liberal people, but a percentage point or so less likely to volunteer [citing the 2002 General Social Survey (GSS) and the 2000 Social Capital Community Benchmark Survey (SCCBS)]". (pp. 21-22)

So, according to THE Arthur Brooks study: conservatives believe in the giving of mammon (money) and liberals believe in the giving of themselves.

The book uses data from many sources to prove that the one overwhelming predictor of generosity is religion. Political affiliation is almost irrelevent - the statistics for religious liberals and religious conservaties are identical. Religious people are statistically more likely to give than secularists (91% to 66%), and give more of their money (3.5 times more than secularists), are more likely to volunteer their time (67% to 44%), and volunteer more of their time (almost twice as much). The fact that the conservative population is more charitable than the liberal population is due to the fact that religious people tend to be politically conservative.
BALONEY!

Just as CON$ pretend to be wealthier than Libs, they pretend to be more religious too.
CON$ are ChINOs, Christians In Name Only, for political purposes only.

Yea, conservatives are just like Jesus, remembers how Jesus dismissed and dehumanized large segments of God's creation...human, plant and animal?

Look at the top 20 worst paying jobs and wouldn't you agree that it's mostly liberals who are in these jobs. Education, Art, Music, etc...

When you go to college you have a choice to make... Taking a path that will lead you to a high paying job, or taking a path to a low paying job. It looks like liberals tend to take the low paying job path and after they realize that they are not making any money (because of their decision) they take it out on the people who took the well paying job path.:cuckoo:

20-worst-paying-college-degrees-in-2010: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Most Liberals hate the rich because they are jealous of them. Jealous of their successes.

"A price must be paid for success. Those who have reached the summits have invariably worked harder and longer, studied and planned more assiduously, practiced more self-denial, and overcame more difficulties than those of us who have not risen so far." — B.C. Forbes

lol.. I always find it really funny when i read some ignorant yutz saying 'liberals are jealous of the rich'.

then in the next breath, they say the elitist liberals have no idea what it's like for 'we the people'.

i'd suggest you make up your mind.

i'd also suggest you look into who constitutes 'the right'... since most of you are white working class.

but keep lying. it's cool.

and feel free to let bill gates and warren buffet know that they hate rich people.

Liberals don't 'hate' the rich, or hate anyone for that matter. But liberals don't worship the rich like you right wing Monica Lewinsky's do.

There are 2 types of people that vote Republicans, millionaires and suckers...

considering there were about 8 million millionaires in the US in 2009, that must mean there are a lot of suckers out there...probably all racists homophobes too

Do you have a reading problem?

THE Arthur Brooks study

Arthur Brooks writes: "When it comes to giving or not giving, conservatives and liberals look a lot alike. Conservative people are a percentage point or two more likely to give money each year than liberal people, but a percentage point or so less likely to volunteer [citing the 2002 General Social Survey (GSS) and the 2000 Social Capital Community Benchmark Survey (SCCBS)]". (pp. 21-22)

So, according to THE Arthur Brooks study: conservatives believe in the giving of mammon (money) and liberals believe in the giving of themselves.

what is your point? do you have a problem reading

i was responding to your claim that onloy millionaires and suckers vote republican.

in 2009 there were 8 million millionaires
in 2008, mccain received 58 million votes

even if all 8 million millionaires voted for mccain, that leaves 50 million suckers out there.

that's a lot of suckers.

follow me?

Look at the top 20 worst paying jobs and wouldn't you agree that it's mostly liberals who are in these jobs. Education, Art, Music, etc...

When you go to college you have a choice to make... Taking a path that will lead you to a high paying job, or taking a path to a low paying job. It looks like liberals tend to take the low paying job path and after they realize that they are not making any money (because of their decision) they take it out on the people who took the well paying job path.:cuckoo:

20-worst-paying-college-degrees-in-2010: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

That is a really fucked up assertion dude............

First off, I had a chance to go to college right outta high school, but I didn't because I couldn't stand the foster family I was living with (there's reasons, and finally the foster family program came around to listening to me), so I ran away and went back to live with my Grandparents.

I was told by them that I'd have to earn my own way to college, so, since I had no cash to start with, I joined the Navy, intent on getting an education and getting out after 1 or 2 hitches.

I discovered about my second sea tour that I really enjoyed being able to go to all those different countries, and decided to make the military a career.

Never saw middle class wages of 50,000/year in my life, the military doesn't pay that well.

I also voted with Republicans most of the 20 years that I was in, but now have seen the fucked up things they've done.

No, the libs don't hate the cons because they're rich, they don't like them because the rich (in their pursuit of their bottom line) shipped all our jobs over to India and China.

There's also the issue that some people get filthy rich for DOING NOTHING!!!!! A prime example of that would be the dude last year who made 4 BILLION DOLLARS simply for betting against Wall St?

I think there's a generality some folks find convenient in lieu of actual facts or original thought.

And there are generalities on both sides of the political spectrum. Conservatives think there are no sinners among Capitalists. that there is actually a "Free" market capable of solving each and every economic problem if only there were no regulations, safeguards or controls imposed upon it. The question asked then is "Why do Conservatives hate government?"

Conservatives, on the other hand like the generality that Liberals hate the rich and love the government. Some Conservatives take intellectual shelter in the notion that government is inept, corrupt, evil and robs the wealthy of their legitimate gains.

Liberals are supposed to be suspicious of the rich, or, as the OP opines HATE the rich. In fact, Liberals do not hate the rich but are suspicious that the rich got rich by taking unfair advantage of the poor.

Most Liberals hate the rich because they are jealous of them. Jealous of their successes.

"A price must be paid for success. Those who have reached the summits have invariably worked harder and longer, studied and planned more assiduously, practiced more self-denial, and overcame more difficulties than those of us who have not risen so far." — B.C. Forbes

lol.. I always find it really funny when i read some ignorant yutz saying 'liberals are jealous of the rich'.

then in the next breath, they say the elitist liberals have no idea what it's like for 'we the people'.

i'd also suggest you look into who constitutes 'the right'... since most of you are white working class.

and feel free to let bill gates and warren buffet know that they hate rich people.

so what you're saying is the right is made up of the working class?
i thought the right was only concerned with giving tax cuts to the wealthy?

The book uses data from many sources to prove that the one overwhelming predictor of generosity is religion. Political affiliation is almost irrelevent - the statistics for religious liberals and religious conservaties are identical. Religious people are statistically more likely to give than secularists (91% to 66%), and give more of their money (3.5 times more than secularists), are more likely to volunteer their time (67% to 44%), and volunteer more of their time (almost twice as much). The fact that the conservative population is more charitable than the liberal population is due to the fact that religious people tend to be politically conservative.

THIS is the post I wanted to respond to. I had the wrong post...

THE Arthur Brooks study

I think there's a generality some folks find convenient in lieu of actual facts or original thought.

And there are generalities on both sides of the political spectrum. Conservatives think there are no sinners among Capitalists. that there is actually a "Free" market capable of solving each and every economic problem if only there were no regulations, safeguards or controls imposed upon it. The question asked then is "Why do Conservatives hate government?"

Conservatives, on the other hand like the generality that Liberals hate the rich and love the government. Some Conservatives take intellectual shelter in the notion that government is inept, corrupt, evil and robs the wealthy of their legitimate gains.

Liberals are supposed to be suspicious of the rich, or, as the OP opines HATE the rich. In fact, Liberals do not hate the rich but are suspicious that the rich got rich by taking unfair advantage of the poor.

"I think private insurers should be able to compete. They do it all the time. I mean, if you think about, if you think about it, um, UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. Right? The, uh, no they are. I mean, it's the post office that's always having problems."

the right IS mostly made up of the white working class. .... because someone convinced them to vote against their own self-interest... and right now, it's not just white working class... it's OLDER white working class and predomnantly male... you really should check out the demographics before you comment.

and I never said they were ONLY concerned with tax cuts for the rich. sometimes they vote because of social issues... sometimes they vote because they're homophobes... sometimes they vote because someone tells them they, too, can be pretend constitutionalists, sometimes they vote because they're racists who can't sleep nights knowing they have a black president.

the right IS mostly made up of the white working class. .... because someone convinced them to vote against their own self-interest... and right now, it's not just white working class... it's OLDER white working class and predomnantly male... you really should check out the demographics before you comment.

and I never said they were ONLY concerned with tax cuts for the rich. sometimes they vote because of social issues... sometimes they vote because they're homophobes... sometimes they vote because someone tells them they, too, can be pretend constitutionalists, sometimes they vote because they're racists who can't sleep nights knowing they have a black president.

you said "most of the right is white working class" i wasn't making any new assertions as to demographics, i was replying to your comment.

so in your opinion, the reasons people vote republicans are because (1) they were duped into voting against their self-interest (2) they're homophones (3) they're racists (4) they're fake constitutionalits (5) social issues

in your opinion, what percentage of people who vote republican are homophobic racists?

They've always been easily duped by the well heeled and powerful.

The Civil War's a perfect example of that.

I think Ted Sorensen nailed it when he spoke at a forum with Peggy Noonan...

"Republicans care more about property, Democrats care more about people"
Ted Sorensen - President Kennedy's Special Counsel & Adviser, and primary speechwriter

BALONEY!

Just as CON$ pretend to be wealthier than Libs, they pretend to be more religious too.

what political purpose does it serve to "pretend" to be a christian?
It frees you to rationalize your hate and prejudices as your religious duty.

I think Ted Sorensen nailed it when he spoke at a forum with Peggy Noonan...

"Republicans care more about property, Democrats care more about people"
Ted Sorensen - President Kennedy's Special Counsel & Adviser, and primary speechwriter

he certainly nailed it.

BALONEY!

so being a christian allows me to hate my president because he's black?

so when the bible says, "judge not lest ye be judged yourself"

it really means that it is my duty as a christian to judge and hate homosexuals.

That is a really fucked up assertion dude............

First off, I had a chance to go to college right outta high school, but I didn't because I couldn't stand the foster family I was living with (there's reasons, and finally the foster family program came around to listening to me), so I ran away and went back to live with my Grandparents.

I was told by them that I'd have to earn my own way to college, so, since I had no cash to start with, I joined the Navy, intent on getting an education and getting out after 1 or 2 hitches.

I discovered about my second sea tour that I really enjoyed being able to go to all those different countries, and decided to make the military a career.
There are somewhat similar-instances, within Germany's apprenticeship-programs.

An individual will enter an apprenticeship-program...expecting to become a tradesman. Often (enough), the pros/engineers working-with this individual recognize the person was a born-engineer....except, no one else (in this person's life) was competent-enough to recognize that! Eventually, many of these apprentices go on to pursue engineering-degrees.

Ya' gotta start somewhere....and, you never know where it'll lead you! True-Americans aren't afraid to take risks....or, make changes. That's why risk-takers lead fuller/more-satisfying lives. Creative-people are like that!!

Yeah....you could go the "conservative"-track; go to the college Mommy & Daddy insist-upon...pursue the career they choose...never take any "risks"....and, end-up with alcohol/"medication"-issues, 40-50 years later ('cause you never really did what you wanted to do)....and, realizing you'll never get all that "time", back. Your options? Blame minorities for all o' your misery/problems.​

it really means that it is my duty as a christian to judge and hate homosexuals.
ChINOs ignore the verse you cite and quote Leviticus. CON$ are the most judgmental people on Earth, thus they earn the title ChINO.

And there are generalities on both sides of the political spectrum. Conservatives think there are no sinners among Capitalists. that there is actually a "Free" market capable of solving each and every economic problem if only there were no regulations, safeguards or controls imposed upon it.
Ah, yes.....pro$perity theology!!

"Max Weber, in his The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism, famously proposed that the capitalist disposition to earn and accumulate arose directly from the Puritan sense of calling which embraces all of life.

But now that the capitalist drive has shifted from thrift to choice, from prudence to indulgence, from accumulation to experience, the way religion operates within capitalism has also changed. Instead of a secularised motivation for work, the function of religion today more closely resembles those medieval rituals that provided sinners with the means whereby to atone for their sins.

We have our own thinly veiled forms of penance – like tithing, charitable donations, watching PBS – each of which makes us feel better about participating in decadent consumerism. And not only that, these forms of penance allow us to participate by relieving any sense of guilt.

And so it is that capitalism and charity can cohabitate. The one lets you indulge, and the other lets you get away with it."

Last edited:

ChINOs ignore the verse you cite and quote Leviticus. CON$ are the most judgmental people on Earth, thus they earn the title ChINO.

yes, liberals are the most tolerant people on earth.

unless of course, you disagree with them.
then you are a hate mongering homophobic racist bigot

Forum List

Back