Its July 4th.....Have you thanked a Liberal today???

are you slapping me or RW?.....or both of us?......

Pretty much anyone who wants to airily dismiss the Founding Fathers as "slave owners", or claim that only white men could vote. Whatever flaws they or their society had, they had an ability to think outside the box and outside their social conditioning that very few people today could hope to match.

ok......but what i said was the truth of the times.....like it or not......thats the way it was back then....you had to be a White land owner to vote.....and why say all men are equal when you had men as slaves,and very few at that time fought to end that......

You did NOT have to be a WHITE land owner to vote. I already addressed that. And would you have preferred that they NOT acknowledge the imbalance of their society, even though they couldn't solve it at the time? Should they have just ignored it entirely, so that there was no basis laid for solving it in the future?

Like I said, it's really easy to sit here, applying 250 years worth of hindsight, and blithely talk about how they weren't up to snuff, but I really doubt you or any of us would have been able to rise above our social programming the way they did if we had been born then.

You did NOT have to be a WHITE land owner to vote. I already addressed that. And would you have preferred that they NOT acknowledge the imbalance of their society, even though they couldn't solve it at the time? Should they have just ignored it entirely, so that there was no basis laid for solving it in the future?

Like I said, it's really easy to sit here, applying 250 years worth of hindsight, and blithely talk about how they weren't up to snuff, but I really doubt you or any of us would have been able to rise above our social programming the way they did if we had been born then.

ok so it was relaxed a little.......this is from the Institute of American History....

The Impact of the Revolution

The American Revolution was fought in part over the issue of voting. The Revolutionaries rejected the British argument that representation in Parliament could be virtual (that is, that English members of Parliament could adequately represent the interests of the colonists). Instead, the Revolutionaries argued that government derived its legitimacy from the consent of the governed.

This made many restrictions on voting seem to be a violation of fundamental rights. During the period immediately following the Revolution, some states replaced property qualifications with taxpaying requirements. This reflected the principle that there should be "no taxation without representation." Other states allowed anyone who served in the army or militia to vote. Vermont was the first state to eliminate all property and taxpaying qualifications for voting.

By 1790, all states had eliminated religious requirements for voting. As a result, approximately sixty to seventy percent of adult white men could vote. During this time, six states (Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Vermont) permitted free African-Americans to vote.

Well, THIS Liberal put her flag out on Monday and thanked the Liberals who wrote and signed the Declaration of Independence. Then THIS Liberal went to watch the fireworks and thanked the Patriot Liberals who fought and died against the Conservative Tories to win us that Independence.

Well, THIS Liberal put her flag out on Monday and thanked the Liberals who wrote and signed the Declaration of Independence. Then THIS Liberal went to watch the fireworks and thanked the Patriot Liberals who fought and died against the Conservative Tories to win us that Independence.

You stupid, stupid woman.

:lol::lol::lol:

Translation: "I have no fucking clue of what I just wrote...I remain stupid as a stump..."

Translation: "I have no fucking clue of what I just wrote...I remain stupid as a stump..."

:lol:

You stupid, stupid woman.

:confused: She was serious?

Oops.

My bad.

She will respond, of course, that she was indeed just joking. :cool:

:confused: She was serious?

Oops.

My bad.

She will respond, of course, that she was indeed just joking. :cool:

I would hope so, because if she was serious, she'd be very disrespectful to our founders... I expect that from the likes of the moronic rightwhiner, but bod, not so much.

Well, I know I'm not the only one who's noticed that when liberals want to insult conservatives they compare them to liberals. So yeah, I can only assume that claiming our Founding Fathers were liberals is just another attack on them.

and so know one with a Conservative slanted mind was part of the Revolution?.........if you were back there Bo....you would be ridiculed and no doubt shunned by those Liberals because of their Conservative upbringing....sort that one out....

You know, I thought what I said would be something that would pretty much be what most people did on the 4th...but then I forgot to talk about what you did...which is drink yourself into oblivion.

That....I did not do.

and so know one with a Conservative slanted mind was part of the Revolution?.........if you were back there Bo....you would be ridiculed and no doubt shunned by those Liberals because of their Conservative upbringing....sort that one out....

I'm sorry that your education failed.

The Tories were the Loyalists were the Conservatives.

And today's Progressives are not liberals. They would have informed on the revolutionaries.

the amount of stupid in this thread is overwhelming. USMB, when did you get so stupid?
Classical Liberalism does not equal Modern Liberalism...anyone with half a brain knows this. To somehow equate modern liberalism with classical is to simply showcase your idiocy like a gigantic bilboard that says "Hey, look at me, I am a fucking idiot". And so you are.

Just like a conservative colonist and a constitutional conservative are different...holy crap I refuse to educate these fools like RW AGAIN, they refuse to embrace truth and thus deserve nothing more than pity, if that.

And today's Progressives are not liberals. They would have informed on the revolutionaries.

In your fantasy world where the Conservatives wrote the Dec of Independence and fought against England instead of FOR England.....:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back