It's High Time The Churches Began To Do The Fair Thing

Then write SCOTUS and let em know they need to change their rulings.

In the meantime, do not create a disruption in my government space or work space. And you may believe you last few sentences, and you are wrong.
I am not wrong. If me praying in public or a gov't. building bothers you, that is your problem, not mine.
Yes, you are absolutely wrong and outside of the law. Act at your own risk.
Not wrong, period. There in lies the problem, I should not have to risk praying in a country that the first amendment was written to protect my freedom of religion. YOU are wrong.

Nope. If anyone publicly disrupts government functions or infringes on the rights of others to be left alone, then that is grounds for intervention for public disorder.

If you don't like, write SCOTUS. Telling me is not going to solve your problem.

Really? So how come the Westboro Baptists manage to offend the rest of the country with their ranting and raving?

I have the same rights as you do. My praying is not public disorder.... your ranting abuse at me for exercising that right is though.

It is freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion.

And, just so you know... I have little respect for the clusterfuck that claims to be our SCOTUS. Political hacks in robes are still political hacks.
Speak the the truth. Funny isn't it that the nuts at westboro baptist can spill their vile hatred but a Christian supposedly can not pray in public. Jakestarkey can not accept that the scotus is wrong on this.

The main point this guy is making is: WHY doesn’t the "church" pay taxes? Besides the religious aspect, they are trying to make a profit and they are trying to manipulate the political system to their own ends. He has got a good question.

The main point this guy is making is: WHY doesn’t the "church" pay taxes? Besides the religious aspect, they are trying to make a profit and they are trying to manipulate the political system to their own ends. He has got a good question.

Again, for the stupid kids, Churches provide far more in services than any amount of good that would come from their taxes. Take money off then and it disappears into the black hole of debt that fucking morons like you have allowed their politicians to steal from you. Leave it with the Churches and they use that money for the benefit of the most vulnerable among us.

This is not rocket science. It is simple logic.

Oh, and... it wasn't a 'good question'. It was hysterical ranting, and lies with a smattering of bullshit thrown in.

Not all Churches make a profit.

Hell..........it ain't rocket science. They make a profit let them pay like my wife and I do They take a loss let them write it off. What's so complicated about that

Hell..........it ain't rocket science. They make a profit let them pay like my wife and I do They take a loss let them write it off. What's so complicated about that

Let me explain this to you:

Churches spend far more helping people than they would ever pay in taxes. Do the fucking math, idiot boy.

No business should be tax exempt. And religion is big business.

While I will agree that there are SOME churches that are run like a business...others are not. And most churches provide a lot for their communities. In our area, churches run a homeless shelter in the winter...they provide community suppers and lunches, all for free to those who ask as long as there is room. They provide gas for people who need it, bus tickets so people can get to work...I know a church that provides room and board for homeless families, this while they can't afford to replace their roof.

Then I know a church that has a restaurant, a book store and the preacher flies in a helicoptor...they don't provide a whole lot for the community and they get the same tax exempt status.

I don't know, maybe there should be something to qualify them for tax exempt status other than just declaring they're a church?

I can speak only for my own Church. The Catholic Church - and we do more charitable work, provide more money, provide more aid, food, shelter, clothing, etc than any other organization on this earth.

And own a tonne of property, don't allow priests or nuns to shag, are against abortion, and don't believe in contraception in an already over crowded world...and I would argue the Red Cross do more....

There are up and down sides....

While I will agree that there are SOME churches that are run like a business...others are not. And most churches provide a lot for their communities. In our area, churches run a homeless shelter in the winter...they provide community suppers and lunches, all for free to those who ask as long as there is room. They provide gas for people who need it, bus tickets so people can get to work...I know a church that provides room and board for homeless families, this while they can't afford to replace their roof.

Then I know a church that has a restaurant, a book store and the preacher flies in a helicoptor...they don't provide a whole lot for the community and they get the same tax exempt status.

I don't know, maybe there should be something to qualify them for tax exempt status other than just declaring they're a church?

I can speak only for my own Church. The Catholic Church - and we do more charitable work, provide more money, provide more aid, food, shelter, clothing, etc than any other organization on this earth.

And own a tonne of property, don't allow priests or nuns to shag, are against abortion, and don't believe in contraception in an already over crowded world...and I would argue the Red Cross do more....

You can argue it if you want. But the facts will not support your opinion. You are trying to compare an apple to an orange anyway, so it's irrelevant. The fact remains that the Catholic Church is the largest charitable organization on the planet. It does more, gives more, feeds more, houses more, supports more, and does more for humanity generally than any nation, charity, group or individual anywhere.

Your comments about 'shagging' are not only irrelevant, they are petty, childish and stupid so I'll ignore it.

Also, simple fact: if we force churches to pay taxes, they will have far less money to help those who need help. You might think that's a good idea but.... if they pull their support then the government will have to take up that slack. Logic. And who the fuck is gonna pay for that? Yep, taxes.

Every time I am in the middle of the small town closest to where we live I have to look at the ten commandments posted along fences and on buildings which are properties owned by churches. These people put up 100 ft. high crosses adjacent to Interstate highways(two on I-75 within 50 miles of one another) and every other thing they can do to "Spread Their Gospel". They preach sermons involving politicians who are running for re election....they do every "In Your Face" thing they can to promote their cause. The first thing which should be done in America is stop their tax exemption immediately. All they are is NOT SO SMALL businesses and in no way should they be able to avoid taxation.

Other than the governments of the world churches own more real property than anyone or anything else. Tax exemption is the main reason they stand in such an extraordinary position.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Every time I am in the middle of the small town closest to where we live I have to look at the ten commandments posted along fences and on buildings which are properties owned by churches. These people put up 100 ft. high crosses adjacent to Interstate highways(two on I-75 within 50 miles of one another) and every other thing they can do to "Spread Their Gospel". They preach sermons involving politicians who are running for re election....they do every "In Your Face" thing they can to promote their cause. The first thing which should be done in America is stop their tax exemption immediately. All they are is NOT SO SMALL businesses and in no way should they be able to avoid taxation.

Other than the governments of the world churches own more real property than anyone or anything else. Tax exemption is the main reason they stand in such an extraordinary position.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Cammpbell doesn't give a shit about that.

Nor does he care that if we taxed the churches, they would have less money to do all the hugely valuable work that they do. He has a one track mind that is incapable of using critical thought... or even basic comprehension.

Has it not been pointed out to you previously that you are an idiot? And BTW, having been an evangelical Christian for the past 45 years, I've never heard a preacher endorse a candidate fro mthe pulpit. Now, they may preach the same values that candidates stand for, but an out and out endorsement, rare........and you know why? Because they can lose their tax exempt status for doing so. Beyond that, they can preach whatever they want. It's like TV. No one is forcing you to pay attention to what they do. Educate yourself and become a better poster.

They shouldn't have to worry about being punished by the government because they endorse a candidate from over the pulpit.

Screw the Christian religion. Screw all Religions. All this stone age bullschit has ever done is get people tortured and killed or otherwise made afraid of something which absolutely does not exist.

I'll prove it..........if there really is an attentive god I hope he will blow your ass to kingdom come. Are you still out there

How the heck does that prove anything?

Screw the Christian religion. Screw all Religions. All this stone age bullschit has ever done is get people tortured and killed or otherwise made afraid of something which absolutely does not exist.

I'll prove it..........if there really is an attentive god I hope he will blow your ass to kingdom come. Are you still out there

It does..... it proves that Cammpbell has the intellectual level of a peanut.

You can argue it if you want. But the facts will not support your opinion. You are trying to compare an apple to an orange anyway, so it's irrelevant. The fact remains that the Catholic Church is the largest charitable organization on the planet. It does more, gives more, feeds more, houses more, supports more, and does more for humanity generally than any nation, charity, group or individual anywhere.

Your comments about 'shagging' are not only irrelevant, they are petty, childish and stupid so I'll ignore it.

Also, simple fact: if we force churches to pay taxes, they will have far less money to help those who need help. You might think that's a good idea but.... if they pull their support then the government will have to take up that slack. Logic. And who the fuck is gonna pay for that? Yep, taxes.

Links please to the Catholic Church being the largest charitable organisation.

I agree with regard to comments about taxes, but it bugs me that an organisation like Scientology gets the exemption. Then again, maybe they do charity work....

You may call it childish, but I find the church's stance on priests and nuns pathetic. You may also call it childish, but it was one of the reasons for the reformation and Henry the VIII splitting from the Catholic Church (albeit a minor one, as his libido was the main cause of that little skirmish). It is both unnatural and pathetic to expect humans to be celibate....

Don't try to bullschit me. I lived in the church until I was sixty years old. I was there a minimum of three times a week. I was a Sunday school teacher, a member of the Brotherhood, the building committee and those who visited the sick and prisoners. I coached the RA boys in their sports. We tithed and gave extra gifts to Lottie Moon and other special drives. I spoke at churches in nearby towns and led prayer meetings. I had most of the new testament committed to memory while I was still in my twenties. I know how much of the weekly offering ends up with the poor and most churches would be ashamed to see it in print.

Churches have this unbelievable budget they adhere to. The preacher's salary, his home, his car, his travel expenses, building construction or expansion, stained glass, oak or mahagony pews, musical instruments, sound systems, steeples and memorial funds to support it, religious retreats, missionary contributions, etc. ARE YOU SCHITTIN ME

You committed the New Testament to memory and didnt learn a thing from it. How sad.

Then write SCOTUS and let em know they need to change their rulings.

In the meantime, do not create a disruption in my government space or work space. And you may believe you last few sentences, and you are wrong.
I am not wrong. If me praying in public or a gov't. building bothers you, that is your problem, not mine.
Yes, you are absolutely wrong and outside of the law. Act at your own risk.

In what way is it illegal to pray in public?

Just proves cammmpbell is still an idiot.

Forum List

Back