It’s Dumb and Dangerous for Liberals to Conflate All Conservatives With MAGA

Conservatives ‘question’ the election with lies about the election being ‘stolen,’ lies about ‘fraud,’ and lies about President Biden not being the legitimate president.

Those lies are part of the right’s campaign to destroy America’s democracy.
Is that what Leftists were doing in 2016?

BULLDOG and Mac1958 remind me of how normal people let Germany 1930s happen. I mean here we have evidence of an actual weaponized FBI AfTER the Red Scare speech and they just double down.

All my life that's been a mystery to me. How does this happen?

But convince midwits like these that the "bad people" are bad and this is what you get.
It's annoying being psyco analyzed by a mid level self proclaimed financial planner, who lives in moms basement..

I totally agree with this.....those on the left who demonize all Republicans and conservatives with the MAGA crowd are making a mistake..and alienating those whose support is crucial in getting rid of the MAGA/Trump/Q crowd.

More and more, liberals are attempting to cast all conservatives as enemies of democracy while simultaneously casting all of their political policies as pro-democracy. The consequences of this could be disastrous.
The most blatant example occurred during Joe Biden’s prime-time “Soul of America” speech earlier this month—a speech advertised as addressing conspiracy theories, political violence, and attempts to overthrow democracy.
In this context, Biden talked about how “MAGA forces are determined to take this country backwards,” before hastening to add, “Backwards to an America where there is no right to choose…” In one fell swoop, Biden conflated “MAGA Republicans” who deny elections and participate in insurrections with Reagan Republicans who care about the right to life of unborn babies. There is no comparison.
But it’s not just social issues that get you written out of polite society. Fiscal conservatives are also suspect. In a tweet sent on Friday, Biden wrote that “Republicans have pushed an ultra-MAGA agenda to: Threaten Social Security and Medicare…Raise taxes on working families [and] Give big corporations and billionaires tax breaks.” Axios’s Josh Kraushaar called this “Defining down ‘ultra MAGA’ and noted that “Under this standard, Liz Cheney would qualify.”

And Biden isn’t the only one guilty of this. This past week, New York magazine’s Jonathan Chait took to Twitter to remind us that during the Tea Party era, then-Rep. Ron Desantis wrote a book that Chait sees as a Rosetta Stone for decoding conservatism’s illiberal tendencies. After reading the book, Chait surmises that: “The Constitution’s role, as DeSantis sees it, is to prevent popular majorities from enacting the economic policies they want.”

Conservatives have long worried that “A democracy can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess from the public treasury”—a line sometimes apocryphally attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville. This is very similar to what DeSantis was saying. Indeed, most of the lines that trouble Chait are standard boilerplate conservative rhetoric.

This attitude is counterproductive on multiple levels. First, of course, it’s terrible (morally and politically) to dismiss approximately half the country.
Second, instead of rising to the occasion and giving America at least one responsible, normal, or decent party, Democrats are taking political advantage of what could be considered a perilous moment.
Rather than acknowledging that reasonable people can have honest disagreements about public policy questions such as abortion (which you should ostensibly do in a democracy), Democrats are attempting to baptize and sanctify their political preferences in the holy waters of American democracy, which is (to extend the religious metaphor) unseemly and sacrilegious.
Third, this practice will likely lead to more, not less, MAGA extremists (an outcome which ought not to shock members of a party that has spent tens of millions of dollars helping to boost MAGA candidates in Republican primaries).
People who feel threatened are more likely to retreat to their tribe for protection. By creating a scenario where even “normal” non-Trump Republicans feel victimized and shamed, liberals risk making the radicalization of conservatism a self-fulfilling prophecy

I’m not sure they even see that as a problem.

It's dumb and dangerous to divide your country and people.

This idea there are Republicans and maga Republicans is a truly stupid concept. And you bought into by letting Biden convince you there somehow different Republicans. He said it so many times you're believing it's true. You're dividing even further by going along with bidens plan to divide Republicans.

Make America great again? That's somehow bad?

Republican, Democrats, moderates, every single American alive right now should want to "make America great again". That statement goes beyond political affiliation.

Read the links.

You seem to be fine with it. Noted when it's your turn, I guess.
I read the links. She, and the FBI both said she received the visit because an anonymous tip said she participated in the 1/6 insurrection. You don't think the FBI should investigate what happened, including anonymous tips? Would they be doing their job if they didn't investigate anonymous tips? Again, you MAGAs are just trying to play the victim when nothing but what could be expected happened. Tucker knows that. All he wanted to do is keep the MAGAs stirred up and, as usual, you are stirred up ------- over nothing, dumb ass.

It's dumb and dangerous to divide your country and people.

This idea there are Republicans and maga Republicans is a truly stupid concept. And you bought into by letting Biden convince you there somehow different Republicans. He said it so many times you're believing it's true. You're dividing even further by going along with bidens plan to divide Republicans.

Make America great again? That's somehow bad?

Republican, Democrats, moderates, every single American alive right now should want to "make America great again". That statement goes beyond political affiliation.
The MAGAs have been well known long before Biden said anything. I find it odd that he made a point that some republicans aren't MAGA since there are so few of them.

I certainly don't remember an insurrectionist mob attacking congress in an attempt to overthrow an election. Did trump's detractors build a gallows and storm the capitol chanting "HANG MKE PENCE!!" ? What about all those fake electoral college electors they tried to use in a scam to steal the election? Nope. MAGAs are a whole different level than those disgusted with the trump presidency, and it's fair to point out MAGAs treasonous behavior.
You forgot that you Democrats attacked and torched many cities, including federal buildings and courthouses all over the country for months. Killing and destroying peoples livelihoods and neighborhoods. All while Democrats and their leaders kept cheering this behavior on.

That as opposed to a four hour protest (which they have every right to do) gone bad that was stopped in its tracks, and the only person that got killed was an unarmed woman. You guys like to pick and chose what to express your fake outrage over based on political ideology. Only Leftist morons are falling for this fake insurrection BS, that supposedly a group of unarmed people planned the overthrow of the strongest nation in the world :cuckoo: Seriously. Just like they kept yapping about the Russia collusion hoax For four years.

The MAGAs have been well known long before Biden said anything. I find it odd that he made a point that some republicans aren't MAGA since there are so few of them.
There are no non MAGA republicans, this is another idiotic Leftist fascist attempt at demonizing anybody who will not vote for them. It has already failed. Make America Great Again. That’s what it means, and half the country voted for Trump and MAGA and will continue to do so.

BULLDOG and Mac1958 remind me of how normal people let Germany 1930s happen. I mean here we have evidence of an actual weaponized FBI AfTER the Red Scare speech and they just double down.

All my life that's been a mystery to me. How does this happen?

But convince midwits like these that the "bad people" are bad and this is what you get.
Exactly, the Germans demoted and blamed Jews, gypsies, etc. as the source of their problems and the German people like Bulldog and co. we’re in fact very supportive of them and in fact helped the Nazis. Todays Dem nazis are doing the same.

There are no non MAGA republicans, this is another idiotic Leftist fascist attempt at demonizing anybody who will not vote for them. Make America Great Again. That’s what it means, and half the country voted for Trump and MAGA and will continue to do so.
If half the country voted for that obese orange fool, he wouldn't have had his ass kicked so bad.

It's dumb and dangerous to allow Republicans to frame your narrative......Republicans are Drama Queens and they will clutch their pearls and whine no matter how mild the critique of them is.....

Biden went out of his way to reach out to these fantasy "sensible Republicans" -- despite the fact that it is pretty much standard for Republicans to call Democrats evil, call people who support Democrat policies, pedophiles and baby killers....and for what? Because we don't hate gays and don't want to give billionaires tax cuts?...but do we have the pressure on Republicans to tone down their rhetoric? Nope....they got worse...

and before Biden was president; there was this guy named Obama....who bent over backwards to appeal to these make-believe "Sensible Republicans" -- and what did that get him? The Republicans elected Trump...
Progs going out of their way means giving one crumb to the opposition party out of thousands.

Exactly, the Germans demoted and blamed Jews, gypsies, etc. as the source of their problems and the German people like Bulldog and co. we’re in fact very supportive of them and in fact helped the Nazis. Todays Dem nazis are doing the same.
Poor guy. You're still trying to play the victim.

If half the country voted for that obese orange fool, he wouldn't have had his ass kicked so bad.
Roughly 75 million people voted for Trump and probably more will do so, and about 80 million supposedly for Biden, with regrets. So what‘s your point, Her Himmler, those 75 million MAGA republicans should be jailed or put in concentration camps.

Leftist anything goes ideology in action.

Poor guy. You're still trying to play the victim.
Your uniting moderate didn’t unite and he isn’t a moderate. Nor was he good for the country in any way shape or form. And that’s what voters will be thinking in two months.

Roughly 75 million people voted for Trump and probably more will do so, and about 80 million supposedly for Biden, with regrets. So what‘s your point, Her Himmler, those 75 million MAGA republicans should be jailed or put in concentration camps.

Leftist anything goes ideology in action.
No. Only the ones who committed crimes. Insurrection is a crime.

😄

You're just sharing your fantasies publicly. I don't care about about your feelings or whether or not you're afraid... 😄 are you a child? I'm more interested in your capabilities. Can you cuck whites prevent your demographic displacement?

You talk a lot of shit for someone pretending to be confident.

What lefty policies do you imagine I support that harm black people? Name them you coward. 😄
Irrelevant to t his thread. The point was you have demonstrated repeatedly a complete lack of concern for your supposedly fellow blacks.

I don't want to help racist whites. I want to minimize your footprint, demographically, politically and socially. I want society to push your culture towards extinction and my hope is that you and yours continue to live in ignorance and squalor being grifted by the very people you hero worship and envy. I'm okay with being honest about this. What's wrong with hating racist whites? What's wrong with hating a culture that venerates slavers and rapists?

My point stands. You are not normal. That is worth noting.

Right. You want to lecture black people, not actually listen to their concerns.

Why all the absurd exaggeration? You leap from me not wanting them to die, to I should defer to them on policy, and when I say no to that, you now talk as though I said something about wanting them to have to listen to me, without talking.

Pretty much everything you say is bullshit.

Whatever guy. You and the rest of the cuck whites feel free to believe that. 😄

Again you default to talking about feelings because you can't talk about a path to victory. Because you have none. Where is your strategy to deal with the demographic disadvantage you'll soon be suffering from?

Said the scared man.

It's what you said dumb ass.

Nope. i said that the black guy I was talking to, was not a normal person and I explained why.

Nothing in that indicates anything about blacks as a group.

At bset, your confirmation bias, is turned up to eleven. At worst....

Forum List

Back