It's about protecting ourselves from all of you guys up there.

Bigfoot

NRA
Jul 20, 2011
Dr Susan Gratia-Hupp - Survivor of the 1991 Kileen TX Lubys Shooting Massacre

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sEYGcXSmpQ&feature=player_detailpage]Dr Susan Gratia-Hupp - Survivor of the 1991 Kileen TX Lubys Shooting Massacre - YouTube[/ame]

She also does not have a clue about what the 2nd Amendment is about. It's not about "our right to protect ourselves [from our government officials]...". It's about a "well REGULATED militia". Regulated by whom? The very governing body who wrote the law, that's who.

But....nice try. Go for emotion when you lack facts.

She also does not have a clue about what the 2nd Amendment is about. It's not about "our right to protect ourselves [from our government officials]...". It's about a "well REGULATED militia". Regulated by whom? The very governing body who wrote the law, that's who.

Impressive legal scholarship:razz:

P.S. "...shall not be infringed..." BY WHOM?

Last edited:
BTW, I was living in Austin, just south of Killeen when that massacre occurred at Luby's...damn, that's almost 22 years ago and we still can't get guns under control. It should make you righties proud...

Impressive legal scholarship:razz:

Thank you. And the reason for the "right to bear arms" is simply because the federal government did not want to have to BUY guns for their minutemen and civilians-turned-soldier. They wanted individual citizens to purchase them with their own money but use them in defense of our country under attack.

No, it's about the security of a FREE state from what ever threatens that freedom. That could include government. Try reading the founders, they left no doubt as to the intent.

Last edited:

As has been shown countless times in countless threads, your statement is complete garbage.

No, it's about the security of a FREE state from what ever threatens that freedom. That could include government. Try reading the founders, they left no doubt as to the intent.

He doesn't care to read it, it would screw up his neat little spin on it.

Isn't that the truth. Thank God for the NRA!

Isn't that the truth. Thank God for the NRA!

I am a member of the NRA and The GOA (Gun Owners of America). I give more to them when I can.

BTW, I was living in Austin, just south of Killeen when that massacre occurred at Luby's...damn, that's almost 22 years ago and we still can't get guns under control. It should make you righties proud...

What you really want to say is we can't get people under control.It was a people problem then still is today.

No, we can't get criminals under control. And we never will. Next best thing is allowing us to defend ourselves against them.

Imagine yourself sitting in a school gym watching a basketball game with your children. A gunman walks in and starts shooting. There is no where to run. The shooter spots one of your children running and turns his attention to them. Do you wish you could stop him by shooting him? Or would you rather just sit there and watch?

Same goes if you wake up in the middle of the night and see an intruder walking down the hall toward your bedroom. You dial 911, but the intruder rushes toward you before you can tell the opertator what the problem is. Police are at least 20 minutes away even if they can trace the call and find out where you are. I guess liberals think we have a duty to just sit there and take it and not have anything to defend ourselves with.

Get used to guns because they are here to stay. If you'd prefer one of the commie bastard leaders, hop on a plane. Of course, historically, governments disarm their citizens because they plan on thinning out the population.

As long as criminals roam the streets and we have an oppressive government, no one is safe. We are responsible for our own well being. Only those that completely put themselves in government hands fail to understand that. Personal responsibility, true freedom and liberty are foreign concepts to some.

The actual content:

"""A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."""

Nothing in the Constitution comes with an absolute guarantee. This is not my opinion. This is what I have learned from having a friend who graduated from Georgetown with an LL.M. in Constitutional law. I'd believe him any day over Glenn Beck and Shammity.

Last edited:

No, we can't get criminals under control. And we never will. Next best thing is allowing us to defend ourselves against them.

This is bullshit. Have you ever lived anywhere but the U.S.? I have. 4 countries in South America and a very long visit to Japan.
Other countries like Japan and Australia DO NOT have this problem. Check it out. Your attitude is why kids die in schools.

School teachers don't want to get involved in a shoot out, moron. YOu can't have a bunch of civilians shooting each other in public places, you fucking idiot.

Yes, there ARE more deaths by gun in Mexico, where I lived for several years. But its the drug cartels shooting each other. They are not randomly killing people in theatres and grade schools, in malls or mosques.

Last edited:

The actual content:

"""A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."""

Nothing in the Constitution comes with an absolute guarantee. This is not my opinion. This is what I have learned from having a friend who graduated from Georgetown with an LL.M. in Constitutional law. I'd believe him any day over Glenn Beck and Shammity.

Militia is the people, all of them. Not a para-military organization. "Well Regulated" means keeping oneself armed properly in case one is needed. There is much more to the 2nd. amendment then what you have underlined. The people who wrote it also left many, many works for us that spell out their intent. The PEOPLE shall keep themselves PREPARED in an event that they are needed to prevent tyranny. This God given Right shall not be infringed by man.

Last edited:

The actual content:

So you don't have a right for a jury trial, or a right to counsel, or a right to worship as you please, should I go on. Lawyers have a vested interest in telling us the law really doesn't mean what it says, that's how they get paid. The US constitution is not full of technical legal jargon, it was intended so the average man of the time could understand it, have we devolved so much that we have to depend on experts to do our reading for us, I don't think so.

This is what a supreme court justice wrote ten years after the bill of right was ratified:

The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them.

http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/amendIIs10.html

Last edited:
The idiots will never get it. We don't have the right to bear arms just so we can obey government orders as a militia. Our founders fled from a dictatorship and were determined to prevent the people from ever being controlled and oppressed by another government.

If a person can't handle living where the people are free and quite determined to protect themselves, they can go somewhere else and stop trying to re-write our constitution to fit their unreal view of the world.

Most of our violence comes from criminals and liberals have never taken a tough stance on crime. Chicago remains a great example of liberal control. More than one death per day by guns on the streets, yet they say nothing about that. Of course, Chicago belongs to the liberals and always has. Since there is no Republican to blame, they ignore the reality of what is happening and go on pretending that their policies work. They are only fooling themselves and their sheeple.

Lawful gun owners are not the problem and never will be. Leave us alone, commies.

The idiots will never get it. We don't have the right to bear arms just so we can obey government orders as a militia. Our founders fled from a dictatorship and were determined to prevent the people from ever being controlled and oppressed by another government.

If a person can't handle living where the people are free and quite determined to protect themselves, they can go somewhere else and stop trying to re-write our constitution to fit their unreal view of the world.

Most of our violence comes from criminals and liberals have never taken a tough stance on crime. Chicago remains a great example of liberal control. More than one death per day by guns on the streets, yet they say nothing about that. Of course, Chicago belongs to the liberals and always has. Since there is no Republican to blame, they ignore the reality of what is happening and go on pretending that their policies work. They are only fooling themselves and their sheeple.

Lawful gun owners are not the problem and never will be. Leave us alone, commies.

I just grabbed a bite to eat as I noticed your Sig. for the first time. I almost ended up with a bite of lunch all over my keyboard! :lol:

If you didn't take a few moments to watch the video testimony of Dr. Susan Gratia here is a paragraph from the Wiki concerning her and her testimony.

Hupp and her parents were having lunch at the Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen in 1991 when the Luby's massacre commenced. The gunman shot 50 people and killed 23, including Hupp's parents. Hupp later expressed regret about deciding to remove her gun from her purse and lock it in her car lest she risk possibly running afoul of the state's concealed weapons laws; during the shootings, she reached for her weapon but then remembered that it was "a hundred feet away in my car."[4] Her father, Al Gratia, tried to rush the gunman and was shot in the chest. Hupp escaped through a broken window and believed that her mother, Ursula Gratia, was behind her. Actually however, her mother went to her mortally-wounded husband's aid and was then shot in the head.

As a survivor of the Luby's massacre, Hupp testified across the country in support of concealed-handgun laws. She said that if there had been a second chance to prevent the slaughter, she would have violated the Texas law and carried the handgun inside her purse into the restaurant.[5] She testified across the country in support of concealed handgun laws, and was elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 1996.[6] The concealed-weapons bill was signed by then-Governor George W. Bush.[7]

More background from Wiki:

Suzanna Gratia Hupp, DC, (born September 28, 1959)[1] is a former Republican member of the Texas House of Representatives, who represented traditionally Democratic District 54 (Bell, Burnet, and Lampasas counties) for ten years from 1997-2007. After surviving the Luby's massacre in 1991, Hupp became a leading advocate of an individual's right to carry a concealed weapon. She was elected to her first term in 1996, but did not seek a sixth two-year term in 2006. She has also written a book called From Luby's to the Legislature: One Woman's Fight Against Gun Control, published by Privateer Publications, San Antonio, Texas

Forum List

Back