It's a good thing we bailed out Chrysler and the UAW!

For an almost unbelievable third time in less than a year, several Chrysler workers have been caught on film smoking weed and drinking alcohol while on short breaks before heading back to the assembly line.

Chrysler UAW workers caught getting drunk, high – again [Video]

These asshats would never have been able to afford alcohol and marijuana on unemployment! Doesn't the QA shown in this video make you want to run out and buy a Chrysler?

My father-in-law (a labor lawyer) used to get me a union job as a rigger(I was unqualified for it, since I didn't know how to drive a forklift) setting up displays at McCormick place for the auto show. It was a great seasonal work. I used to use my vacation time at work and get a nice paycheck during this.

I can say the Unions negotiated a sweet deal. Mandatory shift hours. Meaning if you required a guy to work. It had to be a full day 8 hours, even if you needed only an hour worth of work. $24 an hour during regular hours! All hours after 5:00 were considered over time (didn't matter if you started at 3:00, 4:00 or 5:00). All weekends were double time. A one man team would be more than enough to satisfy the job requirements, but we had 3 man shifts. Many times we would sit around all day and do nothing. We waited for the electricians and carpenters to say they needed. When there were LONG delays, my foreman would tell us to scatter (in an effort to avoid getting sent home because there was too little work). I would scatter and find a night place to sleep. If you came to work in the mourning and they didn't have a shift for you, you would still get paid the entire day even though they send you home. Amazing!

This was when times were good, so the wasted money went unnoticed. McCormick Place figured out that if they used non-union workers they would save a ton. When they contracted with non-union workers. The Unions went ape-shit and strong armed McCormick Place into bring back the unions!

I didn't see anyone drinking or smoking pot, but i wouldn't doubt it. The Union's ways breed laziness and a sense of entitlement!

Really? all the jobs I worked at I never got drug tested expect in the service. I work for the Federal government now and they do not drug test here.

Union.

In non-union jobs - EVERYONE drug tests, everyone. Go get a job at McDonalds or Taco Bell, they will drug test you. Walmart? Damn right. Only the unions - particularly the public employee unions, protect drug use.

Hmm is that new? I worked in McDonalds in high school, never got drug tested. I worked for a small workers compensation company in Virginia that didn't have a union and they never drug tested us, they just had us sign a paper having us agree to never bring drugs onto the property of the company.

The OP should mention - it was fellow workers who gave the information to the media to get these guys. They said they do not want to work with them...and hoped maybe the media could draw enough attention that it might change.

Your Tax Dollars at work. How does that make you feel America? Were all these Corporate Bailouts really worth it?

The OP should mention - it was fellow workers who gave the information to the media to get these guys. They said they do not want to work with them...and hoped maybe the media could draw enough attention that it might change.

However, it should also be noted, that this is the THIRD time in less than a year that this sort of activity has been videotaped at this factory. It is obvious that there is little to NO oversight by the union, or that the union allows this type of activity.

It is pretty bad that these assholes are making automobiles that we need to trust to be safe when we drive them, but what about the union employees at Boeing? I fly on a very regular basis, and I cringe to think drunken and stoned union employees are putting my airplanes together!

Where is the union oversight of THEIR employees that we helped to bail out?

The bailouts were wrong. That being said

"Go get a job at McDonalds or Taco Bell, they will drug test you. Walmart? Damn right"

Please dont call those "jobs" because they are anything but. Walmart. I would rather starve than work there. Of course it would be nice to work at a very slow pace. Not going to bust my butt for $12 an hour. Thats for high school kids in the summer.

The bailouts were wrong. That being said

"Go get a job at McDonalds or Taco Bell, they will drug test you. Walmart? Damn right"

Please dont call those "jobs" because they are anything but. Walmart. I would rather starve than work there. Of course it would be nice to work at a very slow pace. Not going to bust my butt for $12 an hour. Thats for high school kids in the summer.

THIS mentality is what is wrong with America. THIS mentality is what brings Mexicans int our states "stealing" our jobs. THIS mentality is what keeps people on Government assistance. :confused:

can you name me one plant in the USA this does not happen? Even non-union people do this.

The taxpayers didn't bail-out those corporations, so no one cares. If you're going to shakedown the taxpayers for swag, then you are going to be under scrutiny by those taxpayers.

That's how life is for a UAW tic on the ass of society.

Last edited:
can you name me one plant in the USA this does not happen? Even non-union people do this.

The taxpayers didn't bail-out those corporations, so no one cares. If you're going to shakedown the taxpayers for swag, then you are going to be under scrutiny by those taxpayers.

That's how life is for a UAW tic on the ass of society.

there was no shake-down. they applied for a loan and got one.

]there was no shake-down. they applied for a loan and got one.

Horseshit. The stockholders and bond holders got screwed. So did the taxpayers.

No bank would ever give out a "loan" on those terms. No bank could.

"THIS mentality is what is wrong with America. THIS mentality is what brings Mexicans int our states "stealing" our jobs. THIS mentality is what keeps people on Government assistance. "

So you are saying people should work for basically nothing correct? To heck with that. Pretend to pay me, I pretend to work. I have never been on welfare or unemployment a minute in my life. But when I see some adult working for what fast food pays I know they are working for slave wages. Case closed. How do you pay for a house and support a family for what those places pay? Answer? You dont. You cant. Thats the reason why EVERY PERSON SHOULD GET A COLLEGE OR TECHNICAL DEGREE. But the US is going to make it harder to get a loan to get those degrees. Those will be left to the wealthy. To heck with that.

GM too... my daughter's Malibu is going back to the shop for the same goddamn thing. Third time and they refuse to issue a recall.

Forum List

Back