Italian hostage

Maybe ther WWII journaist were better than the today's reporter, but hat is not the problem : the Journalists HAVE TO go in the hot places, where there is action.

Not the fault of the USA ?

I admit of course that the soldiers are stressed by a war operation, and they're more nervous.

but, upon the car of the italian convoy, there were a lot of bullets impacts. Not 10, not 20, but 500.....

A M-16 magasine can hold 30 bullets.

So, about 17 M-16 magasines...It is a lot, to stop a car, no ?

And an other things : I didn't see feeling of excuse here... You insult the italian hostage, you insult me, but it is an american bullet shoted by an american rifle who kill N. Calipari.
At least, think to his family and be sorry.

padisha emperor said:
Maybe ther WWII journaist were better than the today's reporter, but hat is not the problem : the Journalists HAVE TO go in the hot places, where there is action.

I admit of course that the soldiers are stressed by a war operation, and they're more nervous.

but, upon the car of the italian convoy, there were a lot of bullets impacts. Not 10, not 20, but 500.....

And an other things : I didn't see feeling of excuse here... You insult the italian hostage, you insult me, but it is an american bullet shoted by an american rifle who kill N. Calipari.

Hello our little playfroggy. Check this out, lots of links for you and some interesting photos also. Why is it do you think, that the Italians are having problems with what she says, what was done regarding informing the military? Oh I know, they are afraid of our:
Padisha said:
The Us amry is a professional army, maybe not the first in quality, but really good.

http://nomayo.mu.nu/archives/070597.php

If a picture is worth a thousand words then the 5 photos above that I got at Captain's Quarters speak volumes about the truth. The car in the photos is the one that was carrying Italian “journalist” Giuliana Sgrena when it came under fire approaching a checkpoint on the road to Bagdad Airport. This is the car that Sgerna described as coming under a hail of gunfire from U.S. Marines. This is the car at which Sgrena alleges the Marines fired 300-400 rounds.

So what do these pictures say?

One thing they could say is that if U.S. soldiers fired 400 rounds at this car then the terrorists we are fighting in Iraq can rest easy. The can mount their attacks with confidence that the army they face is made up of the worst marksman ever to fire a weapon.

Or they could say that the terrorists fighting in Iraq should be very very afraid. If U.S. soldiers unleashed a fusillade of 300 - 400 rounds at a moving target and managed hit one of a handful of spots with every round, then the terrorists truly have no hope.

Or they could be saying that an anti-American “journalist” writing for a communist newspaper lied through to her teeth to spread propaganda that was all too eagerly passed along by European and American “news” outlets.

padisha emperor said:

Hey Padisha,
I am reminded of the saying when I think of the Italian shot by the Americans....

SHIT HAPPENS

get over it

padisha,if you go and read Kathianne's thread in war on terror about Ms. Sgrena,you will see that it has been confirmed the U.S. troops knew nothing of this mission. An Italian witness backs this up. The Italian government should have let us know. That is all the proof you should need.

Kathianne, do you dare to call this quote a serious link - i will play the same game as you - ?

Look at this text : it is obviously not objective.

Hey Padisha,
I am reminded of the saying when I think of the Italian shot by the Americans....

SHIT HAPPENS

get over it

yes, shit happens...
but you seems to see it as a normal thing.

Is it normal that professional soldiers of the army considered as the #1 army of the world, shot and kill so many civilians, italian guy, so many english soldiers, and so many US soldiers ?

I believe that since the Vietnam, 1/6 of the US casualties at war are provoked by US troops.

It is a lot, isn't it ?

Kathianne said:
Hello our little playfroggy. Check this out, lots of links for you and some interesting photos also. Why is it do you think, that the Italians are having problems with what she says, what was done regarding informing the military? Oh I know, they are afraid of our:

http://nomayo.mu.nu/archives/070597.php

Once again the Queen of Research comes through with excellent results . Yes pictures are worth thousands of words and you got them Kathianne. . . thanks .
I'm sure Padish will want to believe that these were taken in America or that they have had the 500 bullet holes removed in Photoshop . The fact is the "reporter" lied about this too .That little shitty car would look like moldy old swiss cheese if even 100 shots had hit it . Of course the euros report that more than 500 shot were fired by our incompetent Army guys . I noticed from the photos that just the front tire and the drivers window were shot out , that looks pretty competent to me. They could have just hit it with an RPG and been done with it .
Padisha ,
I still believe that reporter is a dumbass . She has an agenda (communism) that she wants to push and decided to go to Iraq to push it . She could have reported on anything else or from anywhere else , if you aren't going to tell the truth you can do it from an overpriced hotel room in Paris . I think she went there to help her friends , the anti democracy terrorist . She was successful . She got her "captors" 6 million euros , got a brave Italian secret service guy killed and was able to blame it all on the Americans . . . perfect . I'm only surprised that she didn't take Dan Rather with her .

If it is the real italian car, then, i don't see 500 bullets impacts.

Then, I don't know if it is the real car. It could be a fake, no ?

but if you show me prooves that it is Nicola Calipari's car, then, I'll admit that I don't see at all these 500 impacts.

But : you are always discutting about my links, and want always serious prooves, and that's not bad.

So, you can understand that I would not believe hard as a rock this picture, without a minimum of prooves ;)

SE : I think it is Jim who answer to my messages, more than you, but thank you for you answer.

You know that I don't have bad feelings with you or other board's users.
It is more a bad comprehension.

padisha emperor said:
If it is the real italian car, then, i don't see 500 bullets impacts.

Then, I don't know if it is the real car. It could be a fake, no ?
No.

but if you show me prooves that it is Nicola Calipari's car, then, I'll admit that I don't see at all these 500 impacts.
What would you believe that doesn't fit into your 'vision?'

But : you are always discutting about my links, and want always serious prooves, and that's not bad.

So, you can understand that I would not believe hard as a rock this picture, without a minimum of prooves ;)
Here's the difference PE, we are NOT going to French sites where we are not too sure of the language, much less agendas of 'out of the mainstream.' You try doing that and fail.

SE : I think it is Jim who answer to my messages, more than you, but thank you for you answer.

You know that I don't have bad feelings with you or other board's users.
It is more a bad comprehension.
Yes PE, we know you love all of us US citizens. :rolleyes:

Take a look at what Italy is doing now regarding ransoms and the concessions they are making regarding the 'incident.' (WOT thread). Till later, :bye1:

Whoops another little nugget from Italy:

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/Iraq/0,,2-10-1460_1675476,00.html

Calipari 'kept US in the dark'
12/03/2005 22:31 - (SA)

Rome - US authorities in Iraq were kept in the dark about an Italian operation to free a kidnapped journalist which ended in debacle with an intelligence officer killed by US troops, an Italian general was quoted on Saturday as saying.

Italian agent Nicola Calipari died in gunfire near a US checkpoint and journalist Giuliana Sgrena was wounded as their car drove to Baghdad airport on March 4, just after her release.

Mario Marioli, a deputy commander of the US-led coalition troops in Iraq, was quoted by the Italian newspaper La Repubblica as saying: "I asked Calipari if I should inform our American allies of the hostage-freeing operation, but his reply was that under no circumstances was the ally to be informed."

US authorities say the vehicle had failed to respond to signals to stop.

La Repubblica quoted statements by Marioli to Italian investigating magistrates probing the incident. He said he had twice been warned by Calipari not to disclose the operation to the Americans.

On the second occasion, with the hostage already free but the operation not yet complete, the general had asked whether he should warn the Americans that the Italians were driving to the airport with Sgrena.

"I was told no, although I warned that this might mean a quarter of an hour's wait at the checkpoint at the airport entrance," Marioli was quoted as saying.

The Italian government accepts the killing was an accident, but Italian and US versions differ.

Washington says the car was speeding and failed to slow down or stop after soldiers flashed lights and fired warning shots.

Italian ministers say it was not speeding and there were no warning indications. Sgrena has suggested the US troops may have deliberately opened fire.

There had previously been suggestions that US forces may have been only partially informed about Calipari's mission, indicating troops on the ground may not have known who was in the car on a stretch of road notorious for insurgent attacks.

On Friday La Repubbica quoted statements by Marioli to magistrates that he had provided documents for the agent and an aide, but did not know details of their operation.

"The US chain of command had only bits of information...." the daily quoted the report as saying.

Meanwhile Italian Justice Minister Roberto Castelli on Friday accused Sgrena of causing problems.

"She expresses herself imprudently and she has acted imprudently," he said on Italy's Sky TG24 television news channel.

"She has caused enormous problems to the government and also mourning that could have been avoided," said the minister, a member of the right-wing Northern League, a junior coalition partner in Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's government.

He was responding to Sgrena's remarks that she had no confidence in the joint Italian-American enquiry.

Speaking on television she said: "I feel accused over having been kidnapped and for having been released. I feel like a victim of cannibalism."

Yup, just like MM she hates America. I guess she didn't think anyone would notice...

be quiet, I only said that jimnyc spoke a lot with me at the beginning, I never said that you didn't, you didn't read my previous post.
I thank you

If you shoot a french hostage, here you'ld have problems.

padisha emperor said:
be quiet, I only said that jimnyc spoke a lot with me at the beginning, I never said that you didn't, you didn't read my previous post.
I thank you

If you shoot a french hostage, here you'ld have problems.

Like what?-----no champagne for a month?

Forum List

Back