It was Murder

No you were putting antifreeze out to kill bugs or bunnies or whatever on your property. If his untrained, uncontrolled, unrestrained, unsupervised dog comes onto your property . . . . too bad for the dog. At least that how I see it. You're alone till next Wednesday? Can one of your sons stay with you until then?

No you were putting antifreeze out to kill bugs or bunnies or whatever on your property. If his untrained, uncontrolled, unrestrained, unsupervised dog comes onto your property . . . . too bad for the dog. At least that how I see it. You're alone till next Wednesday? Can one of your sons stay with you until then?
No only one lives near me and he has to work it would be a 70 mile commute to work if he did. One left to go in the Air Force, one moved to Dallas, the other is in the Air Force and is always flying with short notice.

I'm sorry for you Terry. Talk to your Husband about maybe a 20 Gauge shot gun for home protection. Bird shot to deter, not enough for self defense though. My condolences. If that dog came after you or was growling at you on your property, make a complaint. Get everything on record that you can. Might want to consider keeping a pair of shoes by the door from now on. How long were you gone, to get shoes, do you remember? How long before you notified your Son?

I'm sorry for you Terry. Talk to your Husband about maybe a 20 Gauge shot gun for home protection. Bird shot to deter, not enough for self defense though. My condolences. If that dog came after you or was growling at you on your property, make a complaint. Get everything on record that you can. Might want to consider keeping a pair of shoes by the door from now on. How long were you gone, to get shoes, do you remember? How long before you notified your Son?
Yes, I'm documenting now with pictures, and stuff. I was gone less then one minute! My shoes were inside the house 20 steps away. I needed the shoes because I have a rock driveway (jagged rocks) and the wooded area. I always have him on a lead but this time he had to go bad, so after he pee'd I figure he can just go with me watching him. (big mistake). I blame myself.

We own guns and I can use them, I don't want to use it when I'm emotional. I blame the owners of that dog more then the dog. The dog is wild because of the neglect. I see someone is home next door now which is very unusual!! I think it is the adult son and those are his dogs. He is 40 years old and lives with his father that is in his 60's. I want to go over there now and just tear into him but I cannot because I'm too emotional now. My neighbor will go over there tonight and he said if I want to go with him that is fine.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/Lera213/0819091640.jpg

He was killed by a yellow lab in my yard two days ago. Jake would have been 8 years old today. My baby, my best friend. No leash laws, so this dog and his owner gets away with it. The neighbor hasn't even come over to say he was sorry. His dogs still run the neighborhood, bullying everyone. Getting into garbage, eating road kill, going in fish pond and destroying it. This wasn't his first offense either, this killer killed his Bitch's puppies a few months back I learned. Why was I never told?

I'm in a lot of pain. Thanks, had to get it out of me.

:(

I have two labs mixed with some mastiff. They are like big puppies, but they will destroy any animal they think is violating their territory. The owner of the yellow lab is such a jerk.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/Lera213/0819091640.jpg

He was killed by a yellow lab in my yard two days ago. Jake would have been 8 years old today. My baby, my best friend. No leash laws, so this dog and his owner gets away with it. The neighbor hasn't even come over to say he was sorry. His dogs still run the neighborhood, bullying everyone. Getting into garbage, eating road kill, going in fish pond and destroying it. This wasn't his first offense either, this killer killed his Bitch's puppies a few months back I learned. Why was I never told?

I'm in a lot of pain. Thanks, had to get it out of me.

:(

I have two labs mixed with some mastiff. They are like big puppies, but they will destroy any animal they think is violating their territory. The owner of the yellow lab is such a jerk.
I understand that but my dog was on my property and I'm sure you take care of your dogs and not just leave them unsupervised for 12 to 15 hours a day and then only give food. They are wild dogs!

Terry
So sorry for your loss. Even if there is no leash law, the owners are responsible for the actions of their dog. It will not bring your dog back, but I would swear out a complaint against the animal as a threat to your own safety

Yes, I'm documenting now with pictures, and stuff. I was gone less then one minute! My shoes were inside the house 20 steps away. I needed the shoes because I have a rock driveway (jagged rocks) and the wooded area. I always have him on a lead but this time he had to go bad, so after he pee'd I figure he can just go with me watching him. (big mistake). I blame myself.

We own guns and I can use them, I don't want to use it when I'm emotional. I blame the owners of that dog more then the dog. The dog is wild because of the neglect. I see someone is home next door now which is very unusual!! I think it is the adult son and those are his dogs. He is 40 years old and lives with his father that is in his 60's. I want to go over there now and just tear into him but I cannot because I'm too emotional now. My neighbor will go over there tonight and he said if I want to go with him that is fine.

You're right to know that the owners are really the problem. If you were to put a bullet in the dog's head today, by next week your neighbor would have a new puppy and the cycle would start all over again. Your neighborhood is going to have to find a way to train the owners.

I know Val, I don't want to make matter's worse either. The owner has to realize this is his problem and he needs to take what ever steps necessary. My neighbor behind me also told me that they have complained to them also on more then 4 occassions. It isn't like this owner thinks we are the only people who have this problem with their dogs.

Terry... this is EXACTLY what you should do. It's HALLOWEEN, go to the store and buy some of that FAKE BLOOD, take it outside, ON YOUR PROPERTY, put it on the ground where your dog got killed and TAKE PICTURES OF IT! GET THAT BASTARD NEIGHBOR AND HIS DOGS! And if those dogs as much as STEP FOOT on your property, SHOOT - TO - KILL!!!!!!!!!! Then you use the pictures to SUE THE LIVING SHIT OTTA YOUR NEIGHBOR FOR WRONGFUL DEATH!!!

This whole thing is WAY OUT OF CONTROL! Those dogs should NEVER have been allowed to TERRORIZE YOU or ANYONE ELSE IN THAT NEIGHBORHOOD! Take charge, GET MAD! FIGHT BACK!!! DO NOT let SHIT STAINS like that RUIN YOUR LIFE!!!

I'm so sorry for this happening, BUT I'M MORE MAD THAN SORRY!!! DAMN..... if I lived next to you, I'D PUT AN END to the REIN OF TERROR by THOSE DOGS.... IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Good LORD I'm pissed.... I'm just imagining if that had happened to my 18 year old cat whose also my buddy... I'D HUNT THAT DOG DOWN AND SHOOT HIM ON THE SPOT, PERIOD!!! .....
unhappy-060.GIF

Last edited:
Amurkastan. I can't do this, I cant do that.Xacktly why the country is fucked.
Give your kid the gun and send him dog hunting.He sounds like a realist.

Pale, you have the same exact anger as my husband is feeling now. I can barely think straight and I'm so emotional right now. I can do nothing but sit here....I cannot even get in my normal daily routine yet. Like I said the guy behind me is very worried also, he was the one who came to help me hold that dog at bay while I got my dead dog. He is going away for 3 weeks in two days. His wife is scared of any dog, and is always outside working on her 5 acre property. He cannot leave her like this either. He is going over there tonight and I just might go with him. He invited me but I told him I'm not sure what I would say or do. With him there I should be ok.

I would think Animal Control would have issue with neglect! I told him the hours they keep and how the dogs are left alone for the minimum of 12 hours a day. Why don't they fine him for neglect, take the dogs, test for rabies because those dogs are roaming around in this RURAL area, trees, dear, skunk, possum, fox, rabbit, all kinds of animals. I've seen this dog EAT ROAD kill! Perhaps this dog is rabid? Why not quarantine him to find out? These are the questions I sent the animal control officer along with my written statement with picture of my dead dog. NO REPLY yet!

IIRC, civil suits involving the death of a beloved pet end up with rewards for damages based on the monetary value of the animal typically. Typical dog owners know that their pet is priceless. If one can take such marginalization of their beloved dog to just their price, it would be a good idea to use civil court. Personally, I couldn't take that.

If there is some other civil action to pursue - harassment, etc. - I would look into that.

It's an emotional time. Take care of yourself, cry, get the emotional support of your loved ones, look out for your personal safety. When you feel ready to take it to the court, if you want to go that route, be prepared for how it may make you feel, too. Is the satisfaction with justice greater than the other feelings that may come up? And, that's how I would approach it.

Just some advice that is worth what you paid for it and that is nothing.

Last edited:
IIRC, civil suits involving the death of a beloved pet end up with rewards for damages based on the monetary value of the animal typically. Typical dog owners know that their pet is priceless. If one can take such marginalization of their beloved dog to just their price, it would be a good idea to use civil court. Personally, I couldn't take that.

If there is some other civil action to pursue - harassment, etc. - I would look into that.

It's an emotional time. Take care of yourself, cry, get the emotional support of your loved ones, look out for your personal safety. When you feel ready to take it to the court, if you fell you want to go that route, be prepared for how it may make you feel, too.

Just some advice that is worth what you paid for it and that is nothing.
Right now how I feel? I want to wake up and this just be a bad dream. I don't want to relive it in court for what maybe $800.00? It does nothing. Like Val said they will just go buy another animal and do the same. I want him to put a high fence up if he is going to keep them, or spend more time at home training those dogs. I doubt the killer can be rehabilitated he is just too wild now. The female dark lab it is not to late but close because she use to be very friendly and happy all the time, but she is starting to show aggression too. I also have to live next to this neighbor for a long time too so I don't want to exacerbate the situation by killing his dog. There is no easy answer here...well there is one and that is for the owner to take responsibility and keep his dog behind a tall fence!

Because even technically he was in my yard it was what they call in between. He was taking a crap, I saw him, I saw the dog coming and even though that dog never showed aggression to my dog it has me. I ran inside to get shoes on. I came out and my dog was gone. I didn't know where he was. I started calling him, went over where he was...then I followed blood. My dog was lying dead on his side now, and the dog started after me because he was guarding his kill. I ran inside and called another neighbor who helped hold that dog at bay while I retrieved my dog. My word only that he was in my yard! I told them look at the blood trail, they said they would come out today, it has rained all fucking day!!!!!!!!!

so your dog was off leash too? I feel for you. Where do you live?

Set traps and get a gun to finish the fucker off, if you don't have the heart to garrotte him.

You'll get a fine if you get caught. Well worth it.

I've dealt with neighbors who let their dogs run. Generally, telling the owners you're setting traps and when the dog gets trapped, you're throwing it, living or dead, into their yard, takes care of the problem. Sorry your pup had to die first. I managed to intimidate my neighbors into controlling their dogs before they actually killed any of my livestock.

Though they did kill our sheep, bite a girl in the head, decimate a herd of sheep.

I think the asswipe who owned the dogs killed my Great Pyrenees...who never left my yard acreage. He got pissed off because my dog got him cornered when he was sneaking around my house, and that's the last time I saw my dog. Who wasn't even half grown.

Some years earlier the guy across the river had two bear dogs who would routinely cross the river while their owner laughed. The dogs each got one end of my cow dog and pulled, and nearly killed him, before I showed up and chased them off.

I loaded my dog, injured hideously in the neck and internally (he had a hernia that never went away, wheezed in the kitchen for a week, and was never the same) into the back of my pickup, drove to the neighbor's house, a rifle on the gun rack, and told him I was setting traps along the perimeter of our property, along the river, and if his dogs came anywhere near my goats or my dogs again and I was out there, they were getting shot. He said "But that's ILLEGAL! aND...W-w-well your little dog runs back and forth along the banks and ANTAGONIZES them."

I told him if my dog ever crossed the river he could shoot him.

His fucking dogs never crossed the river again.
DId your dogs run around uncontrollably and teasing the other party's dogs? There are always two sides to every story, eh?

Set traps and get a gun to finish the fucker off, if you don't have the heart to garrotte him.

I've dealt with neighbors who let their dogs run. Generally, telling the owners you're setting traps and when the dog gets trapped, you're throwing it, living or dead, into their yard, takes care of the problem. Sorry your pup had to die first. I managed to intimidate my neighbors into controlling their dogs before they actually killed any of my livestock.

Though they did kill our sheep, bite a girl in the head, decimate a herd of sheep.

I think the asswipe who owned the dogs killed my Great Pyrenees...who never left my yard acreage. He got pissed off because my dog got him cornered when he was sneaking around my house, and that's the last time I saw my dog. Who wasn't even half grown.

Some years earlier the guy across the river had two bear dogs who would routinely cross the river while their owner laughed. The dogs each got one end of my cow dog and pulled, and nearly killed him, before I showed up and chased them off.

I loaded my dog, injured hideously in the neck and internally (he had a hernia that never went away, wheezed in the kitchen for a week, and was never the same) into the back of my pickup, drove to the neighbor's house, a rifle on the gun rack, and told him I was setting traps along the perimeter of our property, along the river, and if his dogs came anywhere near my goats or my dogs again and I was out there, they were getting shot. He said "But that's ILLEGAL! aND...W-w-well your little dog runs back and forth along the banks and ANTAGONIZES them."

DId your dogs run around uncontrollably and teasing the other party's dogs? There are always two sides to every story, eh?
NO, my dogs are usually always on a lease and when we see those dogs we bring them in. That was what I was doing!

NO, my dogs are usually always on a lease and when we see those dogs we bring them in. That was what I was doing!
Usually on a leash? Where do you live..a city, a burb, the country?

I am not criticizing you (so don't get defensive...yet). I am asking for clarification. I loved a dog once. I have a broken heart still.

I am not criticizing you (so don't get defensive...yet). I am asking for clarification. I loved a dog once. I have a broken heart still.
I live rural area, about 6 miles to route 17. I'm close to the river, farm land in front of me and not city type living most here own a least one acre of land. I have two acres, the guy next to me has only 3/4 of an acre.

I live rural area, about 6 miles to route 17. I'm close to the river, farm land in front of me and not city type living most here own a least one acre of land. I have two acres, the guy next to me has only 3/4 of an acre.

Sorry for your horrific loss. Rural people are usually more decent than your neighbor. Chalk it up to something, but do not allow him to control your thoughts.

good luck and peace.

d.

Forum List

Back