It was Murder

Usually on a leash? Where do you live..a city, a burb, the country?

I am not criticizing you (so don't get defensive...yet). I am asking for clarification. I loved a dog once. I have a broken heart still.
I live rural area, about 6 miles to route 17. I'm close to the river, farm land in front of me and not city type living most here own a least one acre of land. I have two acres, the guy next to me has only 3/4 of an acre.

Sorry for your horrific loss. Rural people are usually more decent than your neighbor. Chalk it up to something, but do not allow him to control your thoughts.

good luck and peace.

d.
Thank you

I live rural area, about 6 miles to route 17. I'm close to the river, farm land in front of me and not city type living most here own a least one acre of land. I have two acres, the guy next to me has only 3/4 of an acre.

Sorry for your horrific loss. Rural people are usually more decent than your neighbor. Chalk it up to something, but do not allow him to control your thoughts.

good luck and peace.

d.
Thank you

welcome. :cool:

So sorry Terry I understand your loss. I had a german shepard grab my pekepoo out of my arms in our front yard when I was 8. Our pup survived but that dag did a lot of damage to him. The people lived a block away. Also had wild dogs when the children were babes that came out of the city and started killing other animals. It did not matter what kind of animal it was. Those dogs slaughtered 31 rabbits plus their babies that were in a six foot chain link area with rabbit houses inside. The dogs bent the chain link and got the bunnies I knew it could not have been our dog because he was in the house. They scattered the rabbits and their babies around a three acre parcel. The next week they slaughtered some of the neighbors sheep across the road. The neighbor blamed our dog and threaten to sue us. Rod worried put our dog to sleep, that almost split us up I was very angry. The week after that I got home at the same time as the children were going up the stairs to the house. Two large dogs one a great dane the other a lab were growling at the children. It was a close call. Killer dogs do not stop killing once they have started. We had two labs here they came from the city out to our place regularly. They would kill anything they could get. Thankfully Hos is bigger than the two dogs put together and they finally quit coming here. I did not have a gun or I would have shot these wild dogs.

Im very sorry.
Just call Animal control daily,(barking dog, roaming dog , aggressive dog ) they will eventually act.
Either the Owners or the government .

So sorry Terry I understand your loss. I had a german shepard grab my pekepoo out of my arms in our front yard when I was 8. Our pup survived but that dag did a lot of damage to him. The people lived a block away. Also had wild dogs when the children were babes that came out of the city and started killing other animals. It did not matter what kind of animal it was. Those dogs slaughtered 31 rabbits plus their babies that were in a six foot chain link area with rabbit houses inside. The dogs bent the chain link and got the bunnies I knew it could not have been our dog because he was in the house. They scattered the rabbits and their babies around a three acre parcel. The next week they slaughtered some of the neighbors sheep across the road. The neighbor blamed our dog and threaten to sue us. Rod worried put our dog to sleep, that almost split us up I was very angry. The week after that I got home at the same time as the children were going up the stairs to the house. Two large dogs one a great dane the other a lab were growling at the children. It was a close call. Killer dogs do not stop killing once they have started. We had two labs here they came from the city out to our place regularly. They would kill anything they could get. Thankfully Hos is bigger than the two dogs put together and they finally quit coming here. I did not have a gun or I would have shot these wild dogs.
I'm sorry about your dog having to be put down. That must have been very hard for you. I'm still numb over all this. I find myself just sitting here staring at the wall. Thank Goodness for my PC, I'm forcing myself to sit in front of it so I don't go into a very deep depression. Being alone I know isn't good. I'm doing my best and know I'll come out of this.

I know to some it sounds silly for he was only a Dog, but even still, that dog depended on me, I needed him, we were very close.

There is someone home next door all day, that is very strange and I haven't seen the dogs. My guess is they found out what happened last night or this morning. Man if my dog did that to someone else dog, i would be over there in a second doing anything I could to make it right. At least say I'm sorry you know.

I think I'm going to go take a shower and then take a nap. I'll be fine, it takes time everyone says to me.

Im very sorry.
Just call Animal control daily,(barking dog, roaming dog , aggressive dog ) they will eventually act.
I thought of that an hour ago, since they haven't responded to my email. I'll call them and keep bugging them! They are going to be sick of hearing from me!

And, one last thing. Please let go of any guilt. Regardless of what happened, self guilt is easy to manufacture when a loved one dies. It makes it worse for you (like it could be). I have seen nothing of what you said for which I or many others would blame you in any way.

Im very sorry.
I thought of that an hour ago, since they haven't responded to my email. I'll call them and keep bugging them! They are going to be sick of hearing from me!

Terry, call don't email them call them and call them and call them. And speak to someone in charge rather than whoever answers the phone. Let them know everything that has been going on and don't be afraid to let them know how very angry you are right now. Not yelling at them but . . . damn this is just so wrong.

Set traps and get a gun to finish the fucker off, if you don't have the heart to garrotte him.

You'll get a fine if you get caught. Well worth it.

I've dealt with neighbors who let their dogs run. Generally, telling the owners you're setting traps and when the dog gets trapped, you're throwing it, living or dead, into their yard, takes care of the problem. Sorry your pup had to die first. I managed to intimidate my neighbors into controlling their dogs before they actually killed any of my livestock.

Though they did kill our sheep, bite a girl in the head, decimate a herd of sheep.

I think the asswipe who owned the dogs killed my Great Pyrenees...who never left my yard acreage. He got pissed off because my dog got him cornered when he was sneaking around my house, and that's the last time I saw my dog. Who wasn't even half grown.

Some years earlier the guy across the river had two bear dogs who would routinely cross the river while their owner laughed. The dogs each got one end of my cow dog and pulled, and nearly killed him, before I showed up and chased them off.

I loaded my dog, injured hideously in the neck and internally (he had a hernia that never went away, wheezed in the kitchen for a week, and was never the same) into the back of my pickup, drove to the neighbor's house, a rifle on the gun rack, and told him I was setting traps along the perimeter of our property, along the river, and if his dogs came anywhere near my goats or my dogs again and I was out there, they were getting shot. He said "But that's ILLEGAL! aND...W-w-well your little dog runs back and forth along the banks and ANTAGONIZES them."

I told him if my dog ever crossed the river he could shoot him.

His fucking dogs never crossed the river again.

I personally wish you'd take that damn pumpkin to the doctor! :eusa_angel::eusa_angel:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/Lera213/0819091640.jpg

He was killed by a yellow lab in my yard two days ago. Jake would have been 8 years old today. My baby, my best friend. No leash laws, so this dog and his owner gets away with it. The neighbor hasn't even come over to say he was sorry. His dogs still run the neighborhood, bullying everyone. Getting into garbage, eating road kill, going in fish pond and destroying it. This wasn't his first offense either, this killer killed his Bitch's puppies a few months back I learned. Why was I never told?

I'm in a lot of pain. Thanks, had to get it out of me.

I'm sorry to hear that. Labs are normally the most gentle and friendly of dogs.

Two suggestions:

1. Get a big steak. Leave it on your property. When the dog comes and gets it, shoot him.

2. Get a friend to come over. Encourage the dog to attack you, then you and the friend drive the dog off. Then call the cops, tell them the dog attacked you and ask them to remove it and have it destroyed.

Seems a shame that the dog has to carry the can for a lousy owner, but it won't be the first time, or the last.

Terry
So sorry for your loss. Even if there is no leash law, the owners are responsible for the actions of their dog. It will not bring your dog back, but I would swear out a complaint against the animal as a threat to your own safety

that is a very good idea. Have a "paper trail" at least.

Im very sorry.

That's a good idea - don't let up!

I am so so sorry to hear about your dog - that is a horrible thing to have happen :(

Set traps and get a gun to finish the fucker off, if you don't have the heart to garrotte him.

You'll get a fine if you get caught. Well worth it.

I've dealt with neighbors who let their dogs run. Generally, telling the owners you're setting traps and when the dog gets trapped, you're throwing it, living or dead, into their yard, takes care of the problem. Sorry your pup had to die first. I managed to intimidate my neighbors into controlling their dogs before they actually killed any of my livestock.

Though they did kill our sheep, bite a girl in the head, decimate a herd of sheep.

I think the asswipe who owned the dogs killed my Great Pyrenees...who never left my yard acreage. He got pissed off because my dog got him cornered when he was sneaking around my house, and that's the last time I saw my dog. Who wasn't even half grown.

Some years earlier the guy across the river had two bear dogs who would routinely cross the river while their owner laughed. The dogs each got one end of my cow dog and pulled, and nearly killed him, before I showed up and chased them off.

I loaded my dog, injured hideously in the neck and internally (he had a hernia that never went away, wheezed in the kitchen for a week, and was never the same) into the back of my pickup, drove to the neighbor's house, a rifle on the gun rack, and told him I was setting traps along the perimeter of our property, along the river, and if his dogs came anywhere near my goats or my dogs again and I was out there, they were getting shot. He said "But that's ILLEGAL! aND...W-w-well your little dog runs back and forth along the banks and ANTAGONIZES them."

I told him if my dog ever crossed the river he could shoot him.

His fucking dogs never crossed the river again.
Right now if anything happened to those dogs we will have a big suspect target on us. My son who doesn't live at home anymore came over that night to stay with me and walk my other dog. He carried a big knife in his pocket. He wanted to carry my gun but I wouldn't let him.

You should see the picture of him laying there, tongue out, eyes fixed, he was still warm when I buried him. He was dead though for no pulse or air. I just never knew it would be this hard for me when he passed. Is it because the way he died? Is it because I had to bury him? I suppose all the above.

It would be nice just to have that neighbor come over and show he is truly sorry but I don't even get that!

I am so sorry Terry! I can only imagine how you feel! I admire the fact that you don't let rage take over ...

However, your neighbor's dog needs to be put down. It is obviously a dangerous, aggressive dog and such dogs need to be done away with. This time he killed your dog, who knows what might happen next time ... nobody should have to find out.

I just read this Terry.

I am so sorry for your loss.

There is a lot of good advice on here from your friends.

Don't let up, make sure that dog NEVER harms another animal again!

Again, so sorry dear. :(

Thank you all very much. After a long shower and a nap I'm feeling much better. No new news and my neighbor that said he would go over there and talk to him hasn't yet. I think he forgot or busy. Waiting for my husband to call me to discuss a few things. I called Animal Control at 4pm but only the dispatcher was on duty. I left a message with her telling her I would like to speak to the Chief Animal Control Officer. No call backs. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Forum List

Back