It was Murder

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/Lera213/0819091640.jpg

He was killed by a yellow lab in my yard two days ago. Jake would have been 8 years old today. My baby, my best friend. No leash laws, so this dog and his owner gets away with it. The neighbor hasn't even come over to say he was sorry. His dogs still run the neighborhood, bullying everyone. Getting into garbage, eating road kill, going in fish pond and destroying it. This wasn't his first offense either, this killer killed his Bitch's puppies a few months back I learned. Why was I never told?

I'm in a lot of pain. Thanks, had to get it out of me.

To lose a pet like this hurts very, very badly. I know, and I do truly feel for your hurt, Terry. Share all you need.

He was killed by a yellow lab in my yard two days ago. Jake would have been 8 years old today. My baby, my best friend. No leash laws, so this dog and his owner gets away with it. The neighbor hasn't even come over to say he was sorry. His dogs still run the neighborhood, bullying everyone. Getting into garbage, eating road kill, going in fish pond and destroying it. This wasn't his first offense either, this killer killed his Bitch's puppies a few months back I learned. Why was I never told?

you need to befriend yellow lab and take him for a nice long ride. a long long ride.

Sorry to hear of your loss. If there is nothing you can do from a criminal standpoint you might want to consider civil action against the owner of the other dog.

Terry, we have stray cats roaming all over around here. I talked to animal control (spca) and they talked to the lady who keeps feeding them, told her to stop, she didn't. He told me that if an unidentified (uncollared) animal is on my property I have the right to trap them and take them to the spca. Does the neighbor's dog wear a collar? If no, set traps and take that sucker away. Call animal control to come get it and play dumb that you don't whose do it is. I'd find out everything about the laws in your area pertaining to this and any other actions you could take. I'd confront the fucker of a neighbor too.

Really wish I could give you a hug right now. Just know that others are thinking of you.

Did you call the police? Because you should have. And/or take it to small claims court, go to city council meetings and take it up there as well.

Leash law or no, a dangerous dog is a dangerous dog, and I know you have a right to defend your property.

You could even get a live trap and just take the dog

Generally in a town with no leash laws, citizens have the right to kill dogs that threaten them or their animals on their property. I'd look into it.

Other than that, get a nice high powered pellet gun or wrist rocket and nail the bastard when he comes to your yard.

BTW, I was shooting at a stray in my yard, a big one, one time who came through daily and terrorized our cats and killed a couple, and I missed him and hit some poor innocent schnauzer who was sniffing along across the street next to his OWN house. Poor little tyke, had no idea what happened.

In town (when I lived in a town with loose dogs) I always had a pellet gun by the door.

In the country, I always had a 30-30.

Traps are an effective way to put the fear of God into blase neighbors, though. I never had to set any, I just made the plan and told the neighbor what the plan was, and problem solved. We did have a couple of traps, though, and I did dust them off and figure out how to use t hem. But those bastard dogs never came over again.

i am so sorry....i would sue him in court....that will alert his ho insurance to the problem.....get proactive...go to the dog owner and tell them exactly what happened...call the police ever time you see the dog running loose...the police have to respond...find out what the dangerous dog laws are in your area....even if there is not a leash law there will be a dangerous dog law normally
Animal Control told me this also but said I had to have pictures and documentation. He also said to get my other neighbor's to also do it and ask if they will be my witness. That is my only option other then to kill those dogs. My son wants me to leave a big bowl of antifreeze in my garage because dogs will drink it. I just cannot kill anything. Not me.

Those dogs are wild! They have zero supervision, they live outside, once a wild dog always a wild dog. The dog basically acts like a wild wolf.

Thank you.

you need to befriend yellow lab and take him for a nice long ride. a long long ride.
Thanks Willow, I'll have to wait for my husband to come home. He sent me a text this morning and said he will take care of it when he gets home. For the time being I am a prisoner of my house.

Terry, we have stray cats roaming all over around here. I talked to animal control (spca) and they talked to the lady who keeps feeding them, told her to stop, she didn't. He told me that if an unidentified (uncollared) animal is on my property I have the right to trap them and take them to the spca. Does the neighbor's dog wear a collar? If no, set traps and take that sucker away. Call animal control to come get it and play dumb that you don't whose do it is. I'd find out everything about the laws in your area pertaining to this and any other actions you could take. I'd confront the fucker of a neighbor too.

Really wish I could give you a hug right now. Just know that others are thinking of you.
They have collars but I don't think they are licensed, the animal control guy said he would speak with this guy. If no license there is a 500 dollar fine. I am not sure that guy ever went out and spoke to him. The guy that lives behind me said he is going over there this evening to speak to him. I should know more tonight.

Did you call the police? Because you should have. And/or take it to small claims court, go to city council meetings and take it up there as well.

Leash law or no, a dangerous dog is a dangerous dog, and I know you have a right to defend your property.

You could even get a live trap and just take the dog

Generally in a town with no leash laws, citizens have the right to kill dogs that threaten them or their animals on their property. I'd look into it.

Other than that, get a nice high powered pellet gun or wrist rocket and nail the bastard when he comes to your yard.

BTW, I was shooting at a stray in my yard, a big one, one time who came through daily and terrorized our cats and killed a couple, and I missed him and hit some poor innocent schnauzer who was sniffing along across the street next to his OWN house. Poor little tyke, had no idea what happened.

In town (when I lived in a town with loose dogs) I always had a pellet gun by the door.

In the country, I always had a 30-30.

Traps are an effective way to put the fear of God into blase neighbors, though. I never had to set any, I just made the plan and told the neighbor what the plan was, and problem solved. We did have a couple of traps, though, and I did dust them off and figure out how to use t hem. But those bastard dogs never came over again.
My husband knows a local sheriff very well and he called him from Hawaii and told him exactly what the animal control guy said and that was a JUDGE will say there is no evidence that my dog was in my yard or their yard therefore since I cannot prove that the killer dog cannot and will not be labeled a dangerous dog. My only recorse is to sue the owner under the nuisance law but I also have to have proof they are causing a nuisance. We can kill the animal if we feel threatened when that dog comes on our property.

I'm telling you, get a pellet gun. Cheap, effective, I've never known them to be lethal to a dog. There's always a chance you'll nail the eye, but aim for the body. Shoot as many times as you can before he tucks tail and runs, and continue to nail him until he's out of your yard.

And have your son arm himself with a cattle prod when he takes your other pup for walks. If he ever gets to use it, it will be a story he'll never forget!

Shoot from your doorway, because if this dog is like most, as soon as he hears someone he'll split. You gotta be sneaky with the little turds.

I'm telling you, get a pellet gun. Cheap, effective, I've never known them to be lethal to a dog. There's always a chance you'll nail the eye, but aim for the body. Shoot as many times as you can before he tucks tail and runs, and continue to nail him until he's out of your yard.

And have your son arm himself with a cattle prod when he takes your other pup for walks. If he ever gets to use it, it will be a story he'll never forget!
Thank you. I'm alone in the house now, just me and my other pom dog. When I take him out I have a knife and I carry my Driver (golf club) with me.

I wouldn't mess with the knife, you'll get bit. Unless you can hold the dog's head and slit it's throat, they're tough, mobile targets, particularly if they have ahold of a dog.

The golf club is probably pretty effective. Just don't accidentally clobber your own precious. Aim for the back or the base of the skull and swing as hard as you can.

This is why serious pit bull owners always keep a "dog stick" when they walk their dogs. They use it to pry between the jaws of their dogs if they grab something.

Terry it's absurd that you are trapped in your own house for fear of being attacked by that dog! I simply don't understand why the cops can't do something -- force the owner to put the dogs in the garage during times when he's not home -- until this issue is resolved.

I have to second the anti-freeze too. If you can't do it have your son or husband do it. Hell if you lived near me I'd do it. Put some in a dish on your property but near the border to their property. The dog will drink it and after he's left go out and grab the bowl. I know . . . . it doesn't do anything to relieve the pain from losing Jake . . . but at least you'll be preventing someone else's dog from suffering the same fate.

Last edited:
Terry it's absurd that you are trapped in your own house for fear of being attacked by that dog! I simply don't understand why the cops can't do something -- force the owner to put the dogs in the garage during times when he's not home -- until this issue is resolved.

I have to second the anti-freeze too. If you can't do it have your son or husband do it. Hell if you lived near me I'd do it. Put some in a dish on your property but near the border to their property. The dog will drink it and after he's left go out and grab the bowl. I know . . . . it doesn't do anything to relieve the pain from losing Jake . . . but at least you'll be preventing someone else's dog from suffering the same fate.
I'm sure if I put that antifreeze outside and that dog dies he will take it to a vet and they will find he drank antifreeze then I'll be getting the cops at my door. I just don't want to make it worse for my family. I shouldn't have to! That owner of the dog should on his own deal with his dogs. He knows these dogs cause trouble for over a year now and he has done nothing! My sadness is turning to anger now. My husband will be home on the 21st.

This is why serious pit bull owners always keep a "dog stick" when they walk their dogs. They use it to pry between the jaws of their dogs if they grab something.
I have no problem swinging my driver over that dogs head if I'm outside and scared. My best part of my game is my driver so I do know how to swing and put power in it.

Forum List

Back