It was Murder

Terry

Shut the $%$ Up!
Jan 15, 2009
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/Lera213/0819091640.jpg

He was killed by a yellow lab in my yard two days ago. Jake would have been 8 years old today. My baby, my best friend. No leash laws, so this dog and his owner gets away with it. The neighbor hasn't even come over to say he was sorry. His dogs still run the neighborhood, bullying everyone. Getting into garbage, eating road kill, going in fish pond and destroying it. This wasn't his first offense either, this killer killed his Bitch's puppies a few months back I learned. Why was I never told?

I'm in a lot of pain. Thanks, had to get it out of me.

OMG, Terry! I'm so, so sorry. What an awful thing to have happen. How can the neighbor get away with it? Even if no leash laws? There has to be something you can do. Omg, this is so sad. {hugs}

Because even technically he was in my yard it was what they call in between. He was taking a crap, I saw him, I saw the dog coming and even though that dog never showed aggression to my dog it has me. I ran inside to get shoes on. I came out and my dog was gone. I didn't know where he was. I started calling him, went over where he was...then I followed blood. My dog was lying dead on his side now, and the dog started after me because he was guarding his kill. I ran inside and called another neighbor who helped hold that dog at bay while I retrieved my dog. My word only that he was in my yard! I told them look at the blood trail, they said they would come out today, it has rained all fucking day!!!!!!!!!

Did you happen to take any pictures before it rained? Does the neighbor live right next to you or a few doors down?

pine trees with pine needles between us 20 feet deep. He was right on the edge on my side, exposed. No I took picture of my dog after I carried him home on my porch. I was in shock, hysteric's, didn't know what to do. I lost my baby.

pine trees with pine needles between us 20 feet deep. He was right on the edge on my side, exposed. No I took picture of my dog after I carried him home on my porch. I was in shock, hysteric's, didn't know what to do. I lost my baby.
If I could give you a big, long bear hug right now, I would.

I am so very sorry.

If I could give you a big, long bear hug right now, I would.

I am so very sorry.
Thank you, I never thought it would hurt his much. I think I would be better if I didn't see him dead and have to bury him. Now it's hard to see my pretty dog how he was, I only see him after death.

Oh Terry.. I'm so sorry. I wish there was something to do or say to take some of your hurt away. I don't know if you have any chance of getting justice under the legal system, but you might look into a civil suit to force your neighbors into keeping their dog under control. A civil suit should draw their homeowners insurance into things and at least might raise their premiums. I know that I'd personally take satisfaction in screwing with them in anyway that I could. But then, you're probably much nicer than I am.

Set traps and get a gun to finish the fucker off, if you don't have the heart to garrotte him.

You'll get a fine if you get caught. Well worth it.

I've dealt with neighbors who let their dogs run. Generally, telling the owners you're setting traps and when the dog gets trapped, you're throwing it, living or dead, into their yard, takes care of the problem. Sorry your pup had to die first. I managed to intimidate my neighbors into controlling their dogs before they actually killed any of my livestock.

Though they did kill our sheep, bite a girl in the head, decimate a herd of sheep.

I think the asswipe who owned the dogs killed my Great Pyrenees...who never left my yard acreage. He got pissed off because my dog got him cornered when he was sneaking around my house, and that's the last time I saw my dog. Who wasn't even half grown.

Some years earlier the guy across the river had two bear dogs who would routinely cross the river while their owner laughed. The dogs each got one end of my cow dog and pulled, and nearly killed him, before I showed up and chased them off.

I loaded my dog, injured hideously in the neck and internally (he had a hernia that never went away, wheezed in the kitchen for a week, and was never the same) into the back of my pickup, drove to the neighbor's house, a rifle on the gun rack, and told him I was setting traps along the perimeter of our property, along the river, and if his dogs came anywhere near my goats or my dogs again and I was out there, they were getting shot. He said "But that's ILLEGAL! aND...W-w-well your little dog runs back and forth along the banks and ANTAGONIZES them."

I told him if my dog ever crossed the river he could shoot him.

His fucking dogs never crossed the river again.

Last edited:
Oh Terry.. I'm so sorry. I wish there was something to do or say to take some of your hurt away. I don't know if you have any chance of getting justice under the legal system, but you might look into a civil suit to force your neighbors into keeping their dog under control. A civil suit should draw their homeowners insurance into things and at least might raise their premiums. I know that I'd personally take satisfaction in screwing with them in anyway that I could. But then, you're probably much nicer than I am.
Thanks Vel, I just don't want to have to fear leaving my house to get in my car any more. We have tried to talk to the owner of these dogs a few times in the past year but he doesn't do anything. I was told that if those dogs come on my property and I or anyone felt fear we can kill it and not face a fine or anything. I don't want to do that if I don't have to but I bet my husband when he gets home will stake outside and lay in wait for those dogs.

I just want to turn the clocks back in time. The bad thing is I have a lot of guilt for the night before my dog went pee on my kitchen floor so I shunned him. Didn't talk to him or pet him. Then the next morning this!

Thank you very much.

Set traps and get a gun to finish the fucker off, if you don't have the heart to garrotte him.

You'll get a fine if you get caught. Well worth it.

I've dealt with neighbors who let their dogs run. Generally, telling the owners you're setting traps and when the dog gets trapped, you're throwing it, living or dead, into their yard, takes care of the problem. Sorry your pup had to die first. I managed to intimidate my neighbors into controlling their dogs before they actually killed any of my livestock.

Though they did kill our sheep, bite a girl in the head, decimate a herd of sheep.

I think the asswipe who owned the dogs killed my Great Pyrenees...who never left my yard acreage. He got pissed off because my dog got him cornered when he was sneaking around my house, and that's the last time I saw my dog. Who wasn't even half grown.

Some years earlier the guy across the river had two bear dogs who would routinely cross the river while their owner laughed. The dogs each got one end of my cow dog and pulled, and nearly killed him, before I showed up and chased them off.

I loaded my dog, injured hideously in the neck and internally (he had a hernia that never went away, wheezed in the kitchen for a week, and was never the same) into the back of my pickup, drove to the neighbor's house, a rifle on the gun rack, and told him I was setting traps along the perimeter of our property, along the river, and if his dogs came anywhere near my goats or my dogs again and I was out there, they were getting shot. He said "But that's ILLEGAL! aND...W-w-well your little dog runs back and forth along the banks and ANTAGONIZES them."

I told him if my dog ever crossed the river he could shoot him.

His fucking dogs never crossed the river again.
Right now if anything happened to those dogs we will have a big suspect target on us. My son who doesn't live at home anymore came over that night to stay with me and walk my other dog. He carried a big knife in his pocket. He wanted to carry my gun but I wouldn't let him.

You should see the picture of him laying there, tongue out, eyes fixed, he was still warm when I buried him. He was dead though for no pulse or air. I just never knew it would be this hard for me when he passed. Is it because the way he died? Is it because I had to bury him? I suppose all the above.

It would be nice just to have that neighbor come over and show he is truly sorry but I don't even get that!

Mind you we most of us eat pigs and they are a hell of a lot smarter than dogs, probably most humans.

"Some Pig".

i am so sorry....i would sue him in court....that will alert his ho insurance to the problem.....get proactive...go to the dog owner and tell them exactly what happened...call the police ever time you see the dog running loose...the police have to respond...find out what the dangerous dog laws are in your area....even if there is not a leash law there will be a dangerous dog law normally

Forum List

Back