It is Way Past Time to Lower Drinking Age to 18 Again

Boys dont stop growing till at least 21. No way they should be allowed to drink in public.

Tell that to every other country in the world and most of them have less issues with alcohol abuse than we do. Americans are the only ones in the western world with this asinine taboo of alcohol.

We have more drunks

Exactly. Prohibition has been real affective, right? Just like the War on Drugs

Then legalize everything, hell I wouldn't mind after work picking up a legal 8 ball of prime 1980s Columbia coke at the local Walgreen.

I don't drink. Too bad for you.

Good thing. I can't imagine the asshattery you'd be spewing if you were drinking.

Perhaps you are right. Parents refuse to raise children to be responsible adults. Remove children from their homes and raise them in state institutions.

Not the slightest bit surprised that would be your stance. Conservatives have a lot in common with the authoritarian Communist regimes they claim to hate so much.
Is you upset that you cant pull out your poke on the job? aww, poor ole guy.

Still waiting for that prohibition supporter to come up with a legitimate argument in defense of their support of the federal government black mailing the states

Boys dont stop growing till at least 21. No way they should be allowed to drink in public.

Tell that to every other country in the world and most of them have less issues with alcohol abuse than we do. Americans are the only ones in the western world with this asinine taboo of alcohol.

We have more drunks

Then legalize everything, hell I wouldn't mind after work picking up a legal 8 ball of prime 1980s Columbia coke at the local Walgreen.
Except BEFORE work. :D

We have more drunks

Ultimately, I'm fine with that. We've already started with marijuana. The rest is just a matter of time.

Start with legalising pot. You can't have kids going to prison for that crap.

Why can't we do both?
Pot isn't addictive. Very few people enjoy the feeling and smoke it for life. Alcohol is a terrible affliction which some people happen to be genetically predisposed to. They simply cannot not be an alcoholic if they fall into a drinking culture.

I think pot is addictive. More studies have shown it is.
And people do stupid stupid things while stoned on it. I sure did. :redface::redface::redface:

even aspirin and coca cola are ADDICTIVE------anything that MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER ----is addictive. -------brisk long walks are ADDICTIVE.

Good point.

This law is blatant age discrimination toward young people.

12314046_995392180519762_5906847690152620817_n.jpg

It is absurd that an 18 year old can be responsible for driving a million dollar lethal tank but society says they cant handle a beer.

Bullshit. These stupid laws need to be removed as they discriminate on the basis of age against US citizens.

Wrong-headed thinking. It's absurd for an 18-year-old to be responsible for driving a million dollar lethal tank in the first place, period, the end.
GAAWDDD, these rightwing idiots never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

Additionally, the meteoric rise in college campus rapes is due to....that's right, alcohol. We didn't binge drink or have hoses down our throats that were attached to kegs when I was in college. Alcohol was minor, we smoked pot.

I find the old reasoning that someone can drive a tank at 18 but not drink at 18 argument for drinking age reduction.
First off, (at least when I was in the military) you could drink on base at the age of 18. It was up to the base commander. some followed the local laws, but most allowed service members to be served regardless of age.
So, here is the way I see it. If an 18 year old is driving a tank, then in my eyes he has proven himself to act in a manner that would be expected from a man. (same with women and the age)
Why shouldn't he have the same rights as an adult male, or female.
For those F-boys that want to do nothing but run around chasing tail every night getting drunk and acting like assholes with no indication that they are maturing, they have not proven themselves.
Want to drink? show some responsibility then. No responsibility proven, then sit in the kiddie section until you are old enough.
the law is fine as it stands.

Additionally, the meteoric rise in college campus rapes is due to....that's right, alcohol. We didn't binge drink or have hoses down our throats that were attached to kegs when I was in college. Alcohol was minor, we smoked pot.

There is no meteoric rise in campus rapes. That's a flat out lie that has been debunked repeatedly, but it won't stop leftist from spreading it anyway.

This law is blatant age discrimination toward young people.

12314046_995392180519762_5906847690152620817_n.jpg

It is absurd that an 18 year old can be responsible for driving a million dollar lethal tank but society says they cant handle a beer.

Bullshit. These stupid laws need to be removed as they discriminate on the basis of age against US citizens.

Where I do agree with you is that there should be some rationality to age related laws.

Allowing an 18 year old to risk his life in combat, but not drink beer? Ridiculous.

Make both either 18 or 21.

You know, ever since I became a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor, I had to study a lot of things about the effects of alcohol on the body, the brain, etc.

One of the things that I found out is that the human brain isn't fully developed until around 17 or 19. Since alcohol can have bad effects on a developing brain, the answer is simple.

Let people drink alcohol when they are fully developed, i.e. 18 or 19.

Same thing with smoking cannabis.

Lower it to 18 again? When was the age limit ever 18?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I guess that you weren't alive during 1981 to 1982.

During that time, the drinking age was 18, but then they decided to up the age to 21.

They also grandfathered people who were legal at that time, but because of the law would have become illegal if they had not become grandfathered.

I was one of those.

Yeah, somehow I managed to survive back in the Bad Old days when me and some of my friends would drive out to Lake Grapevine and have a bonfire. The pickup driver would almost always have a six pack up front he was working on with his girl friend while we rode in the back without seat belts, helmets or giveafuck. I didnt drink then and watched my friends have fun. I would drive back if the driver felt he needed me to, which was most of the time. Somehow I enjoyed just watching them and paling around.

None of use realized that we were MERE INCHES FROM DEATH!

roflmao, everyone today that is under 30 does not really understand open air freedom like we had back then. We didnt have to sneak off somewhere just to have a few drinks and let loose.

Lower it to 18 again? When was the age limit ever 18?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I guess that you weren't alive during 1981 to 1982.

During that time, the drinking age was 18, but then they decided to up the age to 21.

They also grandfathered people who were legal at that time, but because of the law would have become illegal if they had not become grandfathered.

I was one of those.
1982 is the year that I was born. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

1982 is the year that I was born. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
That was my last year in the infantry.

Thank yo for making me feel older than white dog crap, lol

Not true; I already felt older than dog crap anyway, but still, your just a pup! :)

Forum List

Back