It is a crime to hire an undocumented alien! Or is it?

14 Massachusetts companies fined for hiring unlawful employees

14 Massachusetts companies fined for hiring unlawful employees

===========================================
Obama holds record for cracking down on employers who hire undocumented workers, says Wasserman Schultz

Obama holds record for cracking down on employers who hire undocumented workers, says Wasserman Schultz
==================================================
McDonald's Franchisee Fined $1M for Hiring Illegal Aliens

McDonald's Franchisee Fined $1M for Hiring Illegal Aliens | Fox News

Thanks, but that's not enough. The buck stops with the ownership, chairman of the board and HR. Put them in jail, a fine is only another cost of doing business.

I agree

Fine them for the first offense and let them spend some time in jail for subsequent offenses

what about all the prisons packed with minor crime offenders? war on drugs is costing us!!!! but privatized prisons, so lobbyists and special interest will keep things as they are - what a fkd up nation!!!!
fiahhardnj at yahoo

Thanks, but that's not enough. The buck stops with the ownership, chairman of the board and HR. Put them in jail, a fine is only another cost of doing business.
I agree

Fine them for the first offense and let them spend some time in jail for subsequent offenses

I'm on board with that, however the employer must be given the tools to verify the employment eligibility of candidates that are hired. Right now HR must accept employment documents that appear valid and can't do selective checks without getting in trouble with EEOC.

Once e-verify works effectively and it is mandatory for employers, then you can hold employers responsible. However the current situation where some employers check with e-verify and some done and employers are prevented from validating documents presented is putting them on the hook for responsibility but not providing them the tools to identify illegal aliens.

>>>>

Now, in response to obiwan, which political party has demonized all undocumented aliens and, which party seeks to deport Dream Act kids, many to a country they've never visited and don't know the language?

The issue is clear to most who think, people cross our border and come here to work are exploited by business interests, and deprive those who play by the rules a job. Both are culpable, yet one is ignored and the other is demonized.
Who's fault is that?

Now, in response to obiwan, which political party has demonized all undocumented aliens and, which party seeks to deport Dream Act kids, many to a country they've never visited and don't know the language?

The issue is clear to most who think, people cross our border and come here to work are exploited by business interests, and deprive those who play by the rules a job. Both are culpable, yet one is ignored and the other is demonized.

you're making things up...again...

Deport. ALL. Illegals. If they were able head north to get here and sneak in, they'll be just fine heading back south.
Save all the melodrama....no one's buying.

Its funny that RWs think all illegals are Mexican.

They also think there were no illegals here until Obama was elected.

11873435_923332207759834_7366452334010529478_n.jpg

BTW, Obama's executive action doesn't even offer a path to citizenship - only deferred deportation.
I think this where the confusion is. When they hear amnesty they think of Reagan blanket amnesty.
At the same time you will get this attitude I don't care.... Deport them all. They are not going anywhere.
we have a commerce clause; why are we losing money on Commerce well regulated at our borders?

Forum List

Back