It Begins… New Jersey Democrats Introduce Bill to Pay Reparations to African Americans

That should be the modern GOP's motto.
Seen much support for that view?

I haven't.

G5000 is an insane liar.
Boy ain't bright, that's for sure.

But I will say this: Americans who are descended from African slaves owe their existence to that slavery.

That's not racist; it's science...unless someone would like to make the case that different sperm and different eggs can combine to create the same individual.

Indeed, I made that argument pages ago. The blacks in America are overwhelming beneficiaries of slavery, that's a fact.

G5000 is so dumb he thinks we are making campaign slogans here, when fact is most people here are not politically connected but just regular Americans sharing their views.
You should all get bumper stickers that say, "American Slavery was the best that ever happened to Africans."
Would you agree that existence is better than non-existence?

That should be the modern GOP's motto.

I haven't.

G5000 is an insane liar.

But I will say this: Americans who are descended from African slaves owe their existence to that slavery.

That's not racist; it's science...unless someone would like to make the case that different sperm and different eggs can combine to create the same individual.

Indeed, I made that argument pages ago. The blacks in America are overwhelming beneficiaries of slavery, that's a fact.

G5000 is so dumb he thinks we are making campaign slogans here, when fact is most people here are not politically connected but just regular Americans sharing their views.
You should all get bumper stickers that say, "American Slavery was the best that ever happened to Africans."

You should get a bumper sticker announcing your white guilt. I am sure BLM offerings have some appropriate ones, after you have paid for your reparations, of course.

I haven't.

G5000 is an insane liar.

You should get a bumper sticker announcing your white guilt. I am sure BLM offerings have some appropriate ones, after you have paid for your reparations, of course.
I never said blacks are owed reparations. Try again, bigot.

Who said I supported any of that?
Doesn't matter. Since you've claimed Norman can't dictate to others, have you similarly told leftists they can't dictate to others?

Yes.
Sure.

Consistency sucks. I understand. Blind partisanship is the only way.
I asked you that to see if you were consistent. I loathe double standards.

So Norman was wrong?

As so aptly observed at the time, slavery made the Southern whites stupid and lazy.

Alexis de Toqueville, Democracy in America, 1834:

Upon the left bank of the Ohio labor is confounded with the idea of slavery, while upon the right bank it is identifies with that of prosperity and improvement; on the one side it is degraded, on the other it is honored. On the former territory no white laborers can be found, for they would be afraid of assimilating themselves to the Negroes; all the work is done by slaves; on the latter no one is idle, for the white population extend their activity and intelligence to every kind of employment. Thus the men whose task it is to cultivate the rich soil of Kentucky are ignorant and apathetic, while those who are active and enlightened either do nothing or pass over into Ohio, where they may work without shame.

Tocqueville: Book I Chapter 18

As so aptly observed at the time, slavery made the Southern whites stupid and lazy.

Upon the left bank of the Ohio labor is confounded with the idea of slavery, while upon the right bank it is identifies with that of prosperity and improvement; on the one side it is degraded, on the other it is honored. On the former territory no white laborers can be found, for they would be afraid of assimilating themselves to the Negroes; all the work is done by slaves; on the latter no one is idle, for the white population extend their activity and intelligence to every kind of employment. Thus the men whose task it is to cultivate the rich soil of Kentucky are ignorant and apathetic, while those who are active and enlightened either do nothing or pass over into Ohio, where they may work without shame.

Kind of like the government hand outs provided by the tax cattle have made leftists lazy and stupid.

Kind of like the government hand outs provided by the tax cattle have made leftists lazy and stupid.
I agree, except for the fact EVERYONE has their hand out and is feeding off the government tit. Not just the Left.

Time for some more polls.

AP-NORC poll: Most Americans oppose reparations for slavery

Most black Americans, 74%, favor reparations, compared with 15% of white Americans. Among Hispanics, 44% favor reparations.

Poll: Most Americans Oppose Reparations for Slavery

64% of white Americans oppose a government apology, while 77% of black Americans and 64% of Hispanics believe an apology is due.

As Redress for Slavery, Americans Oppose Cash Reparations

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- In June, the U.S. House of Representatives' Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties held a hearing on reparations to African Americans for the first time in more than in a decade. While reparations could take many forms, the most straightforward would be cash payments by the government to descendants of American slaves. Most Americans (67%) say the government should not make such payments, but 29% say it should, including the solid majority of black Americans (73%).

So, hispanics and blacks want to see reparations. Still convinced the demographic shift of America towards 3rd world demographics is a good idea?

Folks, let's be honest. This is why a black should never be elected to hold a legislative position in state or federal government. This is pure insanity. Why the hell should we pay for something that was abolished in 1865 and how can a black be psychologically hurt from it today some 154 years later? This is a cotton pickin scam pure and simple!

It Begins... New Jersey Democrats Introduce Bill to Pay Reparations to African Americans
This will boom crack sales

Folks, let's be honest. This is why a black should never be elected to hold a legislative position in state or federal government. This is pure insanity. Why the hell should we pay for something that was abolished in 1865 and how can a black be psychologically hurt from it today some 154 years later? This is a cotton pickin scam pure and simple!

It Begins... New Jersey Democrats Introduce Bill to Pay Reparations to African Americans

No worries folks, since only Democrats owned slaves, they'll pay for reparations out of their own pockets.

A fool and his money will soon be parted.

Dumb bastards.

Who in the hell would be stupid enough to elect fucking asshole Democrats who would be demented enough to give your tax money to Negroes?

Only one problem - almost all slaves in America were there thanks to the British Empire.
Let them pay.
The tribal chiefs throughout W Africa were selling their negro slaves to the Dutch and Portuguese decades before the British got in on the act.

My great great uncle got killed in battle fighting for the North in the Civil War and I want reparations too. My great uncle rode with Teddy Roosevelt in Cuba in the Spanish-American War. I have one uncle at Iwo Jima and all I have crow about is Quang Tri which was Zap City.

Last edited:
Democrats don't have enough money to buy my vote but I am open to negotiation if the price is right.

Doesn't matter. Since you've claimed Norman can't dictate to others, have you similarly told leftists they can't dictate to others?

Yes.
Sure.

So Norman was wrong?
I don't necessarily agree with it being the best thing that ever happened to them. But living is far better than never having lived, don't you think? And being a slave in America was better, on the whole, than being a slave in South America, don't you think? And the past is immutable, don't you think?

So Norman was wrong?
I don't necessarily agree with it being the best thing that ever happened to them. But living is far better than never having lived, don't you think? And being a slave in America was better, on the whole, than being a slave in South America, don't you think? And the past is immutable, don't you think?

You are making assumptions not in evidence. Being a slave anywhere is bad. Anywhere, but no, they were not all slaves before being brought here as slaves.

Thinking about it.......I might even argue that being a slave in your own country would be better. You wouldn't be ripped from family to never see them again.

There is no way to justify slavery or your opinion.

So Norman was wrong?

You are making assumptions not in evidence. Being a slave anywhere is bad. Anywhere, but no, they were not all slaves before being brought here as slaves.

Thinking about it.......I might even argue that being a slave in your own country would be better. You wouldn't be ripped from family to never see them again.

Good thing that's not what I'm trying to do. YOU are making assumptions not in evidence.

1. My first point about existence was about the descendants of slaves. It's undeniable. Those whose ancestors were brought here would not exist if those ancestors were not brought here. Again, undeniable, and again, not a justification.

2. The slaves in America had a longer lifespan than the slaves in South America. Again, undeniable, and again, not a justification.

3. The past is immutable. No matter how much money you give people, no matter how many statues you tear down -- you can't change the past. Slavery in America's past will always be there. Again, undeniable, and again, not a justification.

If you can argue against these three points as I've clearly explained them, I'll willing to hear it. If you're going to claim I'm trying to justify slavery, keep it to yourself, because it's a lie.

So Norman was wrong?

Good thing that's not what I'm trying to do. YOU are making assumptions not in evidence.

1. My first point about existence was about the descendants of slaves. It's undeniable. Those whose ancestors were brought here would not exist if those ancestors were not brought here. Again, undeniable, and again, not a justification.

That's a silly argument. That's like saying that if your parents had met in a concentration camp you should be greatful or otherwise they would have never met.......no, I will not acknowledge an argument like that.

2. The slaves in America had a longer lifespan than the slaves in South America. Again, undeniable, and again, not a justification.

You keep on falling back on this "slave in Africa" crap. No, they were not all slaves. Wrongs elsewhere also DO NOT excuse our wrongs.

3. The past is immutable. No matter how much money you give people, no matter how many statues you tear down -- you can't change the past. Slavery in America's past will always be there. Again, undeniable, and again, not a justification.

If you can argue against these three points as I've clearly explained them, I'll willing to hear it. If you're going to claim I'm trying to justify slavery, keep it to yourself, because it's a lie.

I've said I do not hold people accountable for the sins of their fathers. Whether those sins were 200 or 10 years ago.

Forum List

Back