It appears that Rassmussen is the most accurate after all.

He's usually the most accurate of all the pollsters.

Not according to the left. :)

When exactly did factual data become "left-wing"?

Have you folks on the right so utterly divorced yourself from reality that even the facts have become your political enemies?

In this forum, the Lefties dismiss any indications of popular support or opposition if it comes from a Rasmussen Poll. Lefties say that Rasmussen is slanted to the right even though he always the most accurate polling organization going.

I watched a little bit of MSNBC when I got home seeing them try to spin the Walker victory into a Obama win has been funny as hell.

They're not trying to spin, they were talking about polling in Wisconsin being pro Obama even though Walker won his recall threat. It is interesting.

You all need to listen better.

I listened to interviews with some of exiters talking about their polling.

They said they felt that saying that they voted for Walker could open them to terrorist-like retribution from Union Thugs.

As the Democrats said of the destructive riots that left graffiti on the walls of the historic Madison State House, "This is what Democracy looks like."

We have to divorce ourselves from reality just to make sense of the leftwing posts on here. Yours included.

See if you can make sense of this:

Final Results 53.2 46.3 Walker +6.9

RCP Average 51.5 44.8 Walker +6.7
WeAskAmerica 54 42 Walker +12
PPP (D) ....... 50 47 Walker +3
Marquette U 52 45 Walker +7
WPR/St. Norbert 50 45 Walker +5
Daily Kos/PPP 50 45 Walker +5

Rasmussen Reports 50 45 Walker +5

Which means that every single polling agency in the US had Walker winning, and there were definitely agencies that had the numbers more correct than Rasmussen.

Or we could go back to the fact that Rasmussen was tied for sixth in the 2008 presidential elections, with 2 other agencies.

The final tally was Obama by +7.3%. Rasmussen had +6%

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

Which means that Rasmussen is mediocre at best.

But that doesn't even take into account the wild numbers good old Scotty spews when it's not anywhere near an actual election.

Those numbers are generally about 10 points away from the average.

I attended school in the time of paper books as opposed to electronics, but i seem to recall that the margin of error was the margin of error.

Most of these polls employ techniques that produce a margin of error of about +/-3% don't they?

Since they are all within about 3 points of each other, what is your point?

Where's chrissy these days?

So, 47% of Wisconsin voters in favor of recalling a Governor in mid term is a GOOD sign? No, not good for the extreme right. Romney as President could shift the party back toward the center.

How the hell did you get all that out of my 4 WORD POST?
I didn't know that Wisconsin had only 1.3 million people in it. However, I question the 47% number entirely. Perhaps 47% of Union members were in favor of recalling the Governor. After all, the rest voted for him last night.

Which is how he managed to win bigger in 2012 than he did in 2010.

I attended school in the time of paper books as opposed to electronics, but i seem to recall that the margin of error was the margin of error.

Most of these polls employ techniques that produce a margin of error of about +/-3% don't they?

Yep, won't disagree with that.

However, the thread is titled "Rasmussen is the most accurate", and I was pointing out the fallacy of that statement by even the standards presented by the OP.

Yep, won't disagree with that.

However, the thread is titled "Rasmussen is the most accurate", and I was pointing out the fallacy of that statement by even the standards presented by the OP.

You have a point I guess. Maybe I should have said most reliable or trustworthy.

You dont know who Celinda Lake is? And you post here?
LOL!

OK, I looked her up...

She's some kind of propagandist for the Democratic party.

Not exactly a major pollster, or an unbiased source...

So, how does that prove the OP?

Wow you're just zinging them in here tonight.
A new poll taken by pollster Celinda Lake — who is a Democrat but is well respected by polling professionals — has found that the battle between Scott Walker and challenger Tom Barrett is now deadlocked, at 49 percent each.
Battleground Poll Founders Celinda Lake and Ed Goeas Look at the Numbers on the November Election in a Speech Before Ripon Society Symposium at Mount Vernon
Next you'll tell me you dont know who Howard Dean is. Maybe he had something to do with the Democratic Party under FDR.

Forum List

Back