It appears that Rassmussen is the most accurate after all.

We have to divorce ourselves from reality just to make sense of the leftwing posts on here. Yours included.

See if you can make sense of this:

Final Results 53.2 46.3 Walker +6.9

RCP Average 51.5 44.8 Walker +6.7
WeAskAmerica 54 42 Walker +12
PPP (D) ....... 50 47 Walker +3
Marquette U 52 45 Walker +7
WPR/St. Norbert 50 45 Walker +5
Daily Kos/PPP 50 45 Walker +5

Rasmussen Reports 50 45 Walker +5

Which means that every single polling agency in the US had Walker winning, and there were definitely agencies that had the numbers more correct than Rasmussen.

Or we could go back to the fact that Rasmussen was tied for sixth in the 2008 presidential elections, with 2 other agencies.

The final tally was Obama by +7.3%. Rasmussen had +6%

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

Which means that Rasmussen is mediocre at best.

But that doesn't even take into account the wild numbers good old Scotty spews when it's not anywhere near an actual election.

Those numbers are generally about 10 points away from the average.

Rcp is moot as they average other polls rather than gathering their own data. Rassmussen stayed solid at +5 while everyone else was all over the map weekly. I stand behind my conclusion.

We have to divorce ourselves from reality just to make sense of the leftwing posts on here. Yours included.

Which means that every single polling agency in the US had Walker winning, and there were definitely agencies that had the numbers more correct than Rasmussen.

Or we could go back to the fact that Rasmussen was tied for sixth in the 2008 presidential elections, with 2 other agencies.

But that doesn't even take into account the wild numbers good old Scotty spews when it's not anywhere near an actual election.

Rcp is moot as they average other polls rather than gathering their own data. Rassmussen stayed solid at +5 while everyone else was all over the map weekly. I stand behind my conclusion.

That's because Rasmussen didn't do any polling for the month before the election.

The last poll they did ended at the beginning of May.

Thus, their numbers didn't change...

LOL.

Last edited:
you betcha lol, tis fun huh? i may eat it all onovn03]Based on the Wisconsin outcome.

Suck on that with your recall petitions. :)[/quote]

this whole thing has sent you over the edge, huh, gramps?[/QUOTE]

I tried to message you but these damn keys on my new phone are so small it was a jumbled mess.
I said yea but in November I may have to eat my words.

Later.....

I watched a little bit of MSNBC when I got home seeing them try to spin the Walker victory into a Obama win has been funny as hell.

They're not trying to spin, they were talking about polling in Wisconsin being pro Obama even though Walker won his recall threat. It is interesting.

You all need to listen better.

I hear it just like you described. Thing is, if you're gonna look for a silver lining shouldn't you seek a relevant one? The election is so far off those polls are meaningless. Especially considering its worded as if the general election were today. We all discount polls daily on here. Yea we report them but we all know its just to poke the opposition.

It isn't happening that way however; MSNBC is full of lots of splashy photos, and a few words. about Walkers WIN. A FOX clone, and one is as bad as the other.

Where's chrissy these days?

So, 47% of Wisconsin voters in favor of recalling a Governor in mid term is a GOOD sign? No, not good for the extreme right. Romney as President could shift the party back toward the center.

Dumb posts are dumb.

That's like going back to the 2008 election and saying "So 46% of the US voters in favor of not having Obama as President is a GOOD sign?" Due to McCain winning 46% in the GE.

What you're saying is "Walker was so bad that he still won well over half the votes" How much was Walker suppose to win by? I could see you having a point if Walker won his state something like 70/30 and now lost a lot of support, but I doubt that was the case.

Oops.
New Celinda Lake Poll Has Race Neck and Neck: Barrett 49, Walker 49 | Uppity Wisconsin

So, 47% of Wisconsin voters in favor of recalling a Governor in mid term is a GOOD sign? No, not good for the extreme right. Romney as President could shift the party back toward the center.

Dumb posts are dumb.

That's like going back to the 2008 election and saying "So 46% of the US voters in favor of not having Obama as President is a GOOD sign?" Due to McCain winning 46% in the GE.

What you're saying is "Walker was so bad that he still won well over half the votes" How much was Walker suppose to win by? I could see you having a point if Walker won his state something like 70/30 and now lost a lot of support, but I doubt that was the case.

Her point, which you seem to have chosen to miss, is that his electorate was polarized. Half the state was so unhappy with him that they voted for a recall.

based on what most of us have seen, it was the concept of the recall that bothered people. i'd say given the amount of money spent for walker courtesy of Citizen's United, he's very lucky.

I'd hope that this would moderate him.

But it won't.

I watched a little bit of MSNBC when I got home seeing them try to spin the Walker victory into a Obama win has been funny as hell.

They're not trying to spin, they were talking about polling in Wisconsin being pro Obama even though Walker won his recall threat. It is interesting.

Yeah, right. :lol:

Democrats are touting the positiveness and accuracy of the same exit "polling" that showed the Wisconsin Gov race as "a very tight race- too close to call". Meanwhile Walker cruised to a larger margin of victory that he did in 2010. You're the one that better listen......................:cuckoo:

Dumb posts are dumb.

Her point, which you seem to have chosen to miss, is that his electorate was polarized. Half the state was so unhappy with him that they voted for a recall.

based on what most of us have seen, it was the concept of the recall that bothered people. i'd say given the amount of money spent for walker courtesy of Citizen's United, he's very lucky.

I'd hope that this would moderate him.

But it won't.

Great another dumb post.

Yeah, I get it... But what you don't get is that if at any given moment you could "recall" someone and the numbers will always be split near 50/50 UNLESS the person being recalled won by a landslide or was caught in a massive scandal.

If you step outside of your box and look at this, Walker was being recalled during a time when he was being attacked for DESTROYING THE MIDDLE CLASS WAHHHH!!!.... And he still won.

Look at it like this, what if we did a recall on Obama saaay, right after he got the US downgraded. Now let’s take a new scenario and recall Obama right after he gave the green light to kill Obama, and we got him. Do you see how fucking retarded the post was now? Walker was being recalled at his lowest point and he still won by a large margin… Imagine what will happen in the future if Walker runs and he balanced the budget and the economy comes back…. He will prolly win by an even larger margin.

I ain't some Walker fanboy, I don't know shit about him to be honest. I know I like that he got rid of public Union’s monopoly in his state as it was the right and sane thing to do.

he'd actually have to be interested in being informed to understand that.

I think 47 percent of American posters would have been favor of recalling a president in mid term. Where were you then?

OK:

1. the "Washington Post reported" no such thing. The link included in your link leads to a blog on the Post's site.

2. Who the hell is "Celinda Lake"? Never heard of them.

3. Do you think posting some random bad poll for comparison makes Rasmussen "the most accurate polling agency"?
You dont know who Celinda Lake is? And you post here?
LOL!

I think 47 percent of American posters would have been favor of recalling a president in mid term. Where were you then?

Detailed exit polling determined that, like me, most of the people in Wisconsin thought that the whole recall thing was a damn useless idea, not because they particularly liked Scott Walker.

I thought that Scott Walker was a real asshole for doing what he did, but the Democrats in that state should have just grinned and borne it, and then used it against him in the next election.

And I felt the same way about the recall in which Arnie got elected in California. Though, honestly, I don't think that turned out all that badly. Arnie turned out to be a halfway decent Governor, for a Republican.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back