It All Depends On The Meaning of "Is"

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Stimulus working?

The May Unemployment Numbers are Here, and Worse Than Predicted « Innocent Bystanders

The May Unemployment Numbers are Here, and Worse Than Predicted June 5, 2009
Posted by geoff in News.
trackback
While I was waiting for May’s numbers to be released I did a quick Google News search on “unemployment.” Here is the first set of entries that popped up:

Pittsburgh unemployment rate falls to 6.9 percent Bizjournals.com - Unemployment in the Pittsburgh area inched down in April to 6.9 percent…
US Economy: Jobless Claims Fall, Productivity Rises Bloomberg
US jobless claims fall again, productivity rises Reuters
Jobless claims are down, but work remains scarce AP

You get the feeling that there’s a little pre-spin effort afoot? I mean, why put up an article on April’s unemployment on the day that May’s numbers come out? And while jobless claims did fall, interpreting that information without the unemployment rate is very difficult.

In any case, here is the new number for May: 9.4%, which is 0.2% higher than we had shown in the chart from a few days ago:*...

You ain't seen nuttin yet,, why til the government motors gets through firing and laying off the thousands of jobs they "promised" to save if we would just "pretty pretty please with sugar on it" bail out the car companies,, that's gonna hurt..suppliers,, dealers,, plants closing.. and people are actually stupid enough to trust their health care to these whacko's :cuckoo:

WillowTree - Just made me scratch my head and wonder a little... Now that the government owns the biggest part of the GM and Chrysler auto companies, when they do get around to laying off workers, and we all know that they will in order to make the companies work, how is the government going to explain being the reason this group of folks no longer has a job? Can't wait to hear the spin on this!

WillowTree - Just made me scratch my head and wonder a little... Now that the government owns the biggest part of the GM and Chrysler auto companies, when they do get around to laying off workers, and we all know that they will in order to make the companies work, how is the government going to explain being the reason this group of folks no longer has a job? Can't wait to hear the spin on this!

they've already announced closing plants,, so that means suppliers lose out,, they've al ready announced they will close thousands of dealerships.. although i just heard on the fox news networkkk that bawney fwank talked the ceo of gm to let one of his buds in mass. keep his dealership wink wink how many thousands do the dealerships employ??? all to kiss the ass of the UAW.. ain't democwats swell???

Forum List

Back