Issue 3 passed in Ohio, not good for Obama

I think it's more like 65% of the voters actually voting against the bill as a whole, as well as a vote against obama in 2012,,,,like a warning shot.

So the people of Ohio overwhelmingly rejected the individual mandate to Obamacare without needing to have a huge debate over it, yet that doesn't reflect at all the people's view of Obama.

Yet, a debate over a complex state issue that has absolutely nothing to do with Obama, that the people likewise overwhelmingly oppose indicates that things are looking good for Obama.

Does it look good for the State Republicans? Heck no. But to pretend the GOP losing on a state issue is a better indicator of Obama chances in the state than a direct referendum on his signature accomplishment is absolutely absurd.

Obama may win. He may lose. The GOP candidate may win. He/she may lose. People can be angry at both the GOP and the Dems. They can vote out the GOP at the state level and at the same time overwhelmingly oppose Obama as well.

It looks like the People of Ohio are seriously frustrated with the actions of both parties in overwhelming numbers. I don't think that's good for any candidate. It means any candidate running will have to work hard and earn their votes.

I don't get Issue 2, people in Ohio WANT to go broke paying Union slugs twice what anyone else makes?

issue 3 doesnt matter till we go to scotus.

Actually, it means a whole heck of alot.

If Issue 3 was defeated and the people in Ohio had supported the Individual mandates in Obamacare, the administration could have used it as an argument that the people support it and convince the court to ignore the Constitution.

They can't do that now. The fact that the people overwhelmingly opposed it, while it shouldnt effect the judges decisions, will likely be a huge signal to the Justices that they can strike down the law as unconstitutional without serious backlash.

Looks like the big Issue that Obama attached his name too isn't fairing too well in Ohio. Not good for his election chances in 2012.

You really don't want to go there. Issue 2 got trounced in Ohio. This is a huge win for Democrats, Unions, and Obama, and it is a huge blow to Kasich and the Republicans.

As for Issue 3, that was expected, but it holds no weight against the healthcare legislation if it is upheld by the Supreme Court, because federal law takes precedence. Last of all, no matter what happens with the healthcare legislation, it is going to be tweaked and changed quite a bit over time.

Healthcare law gets boost from federal court - latimes.com

Looks like the big Issue that Obama attached his name too isn't fairing too well in Ohio. Not good for his election chances in 2012.

You really don't want to go there. Issue 2 got trounced in Ohio. This is a huge win for Democrats, Unions, and Obama, and it is a huge blow to Kasich and the Republicans.

As for Issue 3, that was expected, but it holds no weight against the healthcare legislation if it is upheld by the Supreme Court, because federal law takes precedence. Last of all, no matter what happens with the healthcare legislation, it is going to be tweaked and changed quite a bit over time.

Democrats and Union get to bankrupt Ohio like the took care of Detroit! Woot!

God you're retarded.

The interesting point is that the voters who decided that Police and Firefighters as well as teachers should be able to bargan for benefits also resoundingly defeated Barry's health care. What does that indicate? It means that Ohio likes municipal unions but doesn't like Obama

Yeah. Issue 2 was the one I was watching Ohio collective bargaining law defeated in blow to GOP governor, victory for unions - The Washington Post
Appeals court upholds healthcare mandate - UPI.com

A defeat for the people of Ohio themselves that has ZERO impact for the Republicans of any other state or on the national level -and probably not much for Ohio Republicans for that matter. Off year election results are always over analyzed but in reality are NOT a good representation of what people REALLY think.

Public unions are not allowed to strike in my state and should NOT be allowed in ANY state, just like they are not allowed to nationally either. For obvious reasons! Who the hell has the right to hold OUR government hostage and deny us the services WE PAY FOR? Maybe the people of my state just aren't as stupid. You don't like the pay as a public SERVANT, go get another fucking job -preferably one where you will help pay for it instead of being a parasite on the rest of us! There is a never ending line of people waiting to take their place if they think they can do better elsewhere -and when it comes to which should pay the best, a comparable job in the PRIVATE sector should ALWAYS pay better. Those in the private sector are footing all the bills!

Who do Ohions think the public unions are striking against when they go on strike? And do they vote for union negotiators or politicians? LOL No striking by public unions allowed in this state -and when public unions were first allowed, even Democrats warned against allowing them to strike because government which only exists because of WE THE PEOPLE belongs to WE THE PEOPLE -not those who happen to get employed by it. Public union members don't work for the governor -they work for the PEOPLE of Ohio. The governor took an oath to uphold the best interests of the people of Ohio -while Democrats insist they represent the best interest of UNIONS. Which they absolutely do -and that means they have a conflict of interest because it automatically means they do NOT represent the best interests of those who pay the salaries and generous benefits of public union members! They cannot represent the best interests of public union members AND those who pay their salaries! Its like claiming a prosecuting attorney represents the best interests of the defendant and the people of the state at the same time! Anyone buy that and want to allow the prosecutor to also represent the defendant at the same time he/she is prosecuting them? Decide who you are electing - if its union negotiators they need to advertise themselves as such and STOP pretending they represent the best interests of both public unions AND the people who foot all the bills!

When public unions strike they are essentially claiming they own government -not those who foot the bills for it. And they are going to deny you the services you paid for until you cave to their demands. Do public school teachers own your kid's education? Have a right to hold it hostage as if they own it and not those who pay for it? This was always going to be passed in Ohio because it was an off year vote, it was deliberately manipulated to put it on an off year election -because it would never pass next year. It HAD to be put on THIS year when only those passionate about it come out to vote. Turnout was very low as it always is off years and therefore more easily passed. Duh.

But when the pay and benefits of being employed by government is better than the comparable job in the private sector, it is a system headed for collapse -because it is those in the private sector who foot ALL the bills. NOT those employed by government who are parasites of the system! Does it make sense to make your parasite stronger than those he feeds on? Not much of a life expectancy at that point and the same is true when it comes to government workers -the system quickly becomes unsustainable. When it becomes more attractive to be a parasite than a productive citizen paying for it all, what's the point?

But even unions couldn't get their members to get behind Obamacare. Which has NATIONAL implications. TOTALLY unlike the other which is entirely a STATE issue with ZERO implications on the national level!

Last edited:
I don't get Issue 2, people in Ohio WANT to go broke paying Union slugs twice what anyone else makes?

Seems so.

Actually I do not think many of the people had the ability to think further than the end of their own noses. This state is a huge union state. Therefore, the fear tactics worked. I am afraid they are going to be very sorry. I have watched as Cleveland suburbs turned into Cleveland. That is pretty bad. The left wants a classless society, it is working, what people tend to ignore is that the government and the union continue to keep the poor. They need the poor to push their agendas.

Bad for Ohio

issue 3 doesnt matter till we go to scotus.

Actually, it means a whole heck of alot.

If Issue 3 was defeated and the people in Ohio had supported the Individual mandates in Obamacare, the administration could have used it as an argument that the people support it and convince the court to ignore the Constitution.

They can't do that now. The fact that the people overwhelmingly opposed it, while it shouldnt effect the judges decisions, will likely be a huge signal to the Justices that they can strike down the law as unconstitutional without serious backlash.

^^^^

Exactly.

Seems so.

Actually I do not think many of the people had the ability to think further than the end of their own noses. This state is a huge union state. Therefore, the fear tactics worked. I am afraid they are going to be very sorry. I have watched as Cleveland suburbs turned into Cleveland. That is pretty bad. The left wants a classless society, it is working, what people tend to ignore is that the government and the union continue to keep the poor. They need the poor to push their agendas.

Bad for Ohio

Even the ChiCom and Vietnamese know how bad Unions and Liberals are for society.

Ohio is to the Left of Vietnam. Perfect

Seems so.

Bad for Ohio

Except a conservative federal appeals court has backed its constitutionality already. The whole point is completely moot. We are fucked.

Forum List

Back