Israel's War Against Hamas - Updates

There are exactly 0 countries in the world, other than Israel that would tolerate this insanity.

It looks like a war in the north is imminent.

100 rockets!

All I have to say, is thank Hashem that all of these rockets were either detonated mid air by the Iron Dome, or mysteriously fell into open areas, something that as far as I’m concerned is a miracle given how tiny Israel is.

Without Hashem and the Iron Dome, these rockets along with the tens of thousands Hamas has fired into Israel since October 7th, would have killed hundreds of Israelis.

And it’s important to give credit where it’s due, so thank you to the United States for helping us fund these iron dome missiles, missiles that are directly saving hundreds of lives.

NOW, from Hamas' perspective, that issue is secondary. Hamas' primary goal from the negotiations is to ensure its SURVIVAL as the dominant power in Gaza.

If it can get Israel to accept this goal (and withdraw its troops, end operations, allow Gaza to be rebuilt etc)
- Hamas will agree to a hostage deal.

If not- Hamas won't.

Implications:

1. If Hamas believes that Israel truly intends to carry out its war aim of destroying its military and governing capabilities- then the chances for a deal go up.If Hamas believes that the international community will tie Israel's hands (i.e yesterday's UNSC resolution)- the chances for a deal go down

.2. The number of incarcerated terrorists Israel agrees to release per Israeli hostage is largely secondary.

3. Hamas will, tragically, never willingly release all of the hostages, as it sees keeping at least some of them as 'insurance' for its survival.

To be clear- it is possible that Hamas will agree to some form of 'technocratic' government in Gaza, as long as it retains its status as the real power on the ground (the 'Hezbollah model'.)

It also bears noting- despite Qatar's desire to appear as a Western ally, it absolutely shares the goal of ensuring Hamas' survival, and therefore will not take any steps that could truly undermine the radical Islamist terror group (for example, exposing Hamas' illicit finance and business network).

Forum List

Back