Israel's contribution to peace

ima

Rookie
Mar 14, 2012
There's a lot of bashing going on here about how Palestinians haven't brought any contributions to peace, but I don't know of any Israeli contributions to peace either. So please list some, if you can find any.

John F. Kennedy, "Salute To Israel"
Both Israel and the United States acknowledge the supremacy of the moral law – both believe in personal as well as national liberty – and, perhaps most important, both will fight to the end to maintain that liberty

Yes; Israel, we salute you. We honor your progress and your determination and your spirit. But in the midst of our rejoicing we do not forget your peril. We know that no other nation in this world lives out its days in an atmosphere of such constant tension and fear. We know that no other nation in this world is surrounded on every side by such violent hate and prejudice

Today we celebrate her 8th birthday – but I say without hesitation that she will live to see an 80th birthday – and an eight hundredth. For peace is all Israel asks, no more – a peace that will “beat swords into plowshares and spears into pruning-hooks”; a peace that will enable the desert to “rejoice and blossom as the rose,” “when the wicked cease from troubling and the weary be at rest.” Then, and only then, will the world have witnessed the complete fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophecy “Tzee-Yon B’Meeshpat Teepadeh” – “Zion shall be redeemed through justice.” And all of us here, and there, and everywhere will then be able to say to each other with faith and with confidence, in our coming and in our going: “Shalom” – peace! Peace be with you, now and forever.
Remarks by Senator John F. Kennedy at Yankee Stadium on April 29, 1956 | Finding Camelot

Barack Obama...
The slaughter of innocent Israelis is not resistance -- it's injustice.

Let's be honest: Israel is surrounded by neighbors that have waged repeated wars against it. Israel's citizens have been killed by rockets fired at their houses and suicide bombs on their buses. Israel's children come of age knowing that throughout the region, other children are taught to hate them. Israel, a small country of less than eight million people, looks out at a world where leaders of much larger nations threaten to wipe it off of the map. These facts cannot be denied.
Remarks by President Obama in Address to the United Nations General Assembly | The White House

My message to the loathed Jews is that there is no god but allah, we will chase you everywhere We are a nation that drinks blood, and we know that there is no better blood than the blood of the Jews. We will not leave you alone until we have quenched our thirst with your blood, and our children's thirst with your blood, we will not rest until you leave the Muslim countries.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rleFpY402vM]Palestinian - Terrorism - YouTube[/ame]

Allah, oh our Lord
Vanquish your enemies, enemies of the religion [Islam]
in all places
Allah, strike the Jews and their sympathizers,
the Christians and their supporters
Allah, count them and kill them to the last one,
and don't even leave even one.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrI8-qb9M9A]Hamas: Kill Christians and Jews "to the last one" - YouTube[/ame]

Former Gazan Nonie Darwish, Human Rights Activist, Founder, Arabs For Israel
An Arab-Made Misery - WSJ.com

International donors pledged almost $4.5 billion in aid for Gaza earlier this month. It has been very painful for me to witness over the past few years the deteriorating humanitarian situation in that narrow strip where I lived as a child in the 1950s.

It is Hamas, an Islamist terror organization supported by Iran, which is using and abusing Palestinians... While Hamas leaders hid in the well-stocked bunkers and tunnels they prepared before they provoked Israel into attacking them, Palestinian civilians were exposed and caught in the deadly crossfire between Hamas and Israeli soldiers.

Both Israel and Egypt are fearful of terrorist infiltration from Gaza -- all the more so since Hamas took over -- and have always maintained tight controls over their borders with Gaza. The Palestinians continue to endure hardships because Gaza continues to serve as the launching pad for terror attacks against Israeli citizens. Those attacks come in the form of Hamas missiles that indiscriminately target Israeli kindergartens, homes and businesses.

And Hamas continued these attacks more than two years after Israel withdrew from Gaza in the hope that this step would begin the process of building a Palestinian state, eventually leading to a peaceful, two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. There was no "cycle of violence" then, no justification for anything other than peace and prosperity. But instead, Hamas chose Islamic jihad. Gazans' and Israelis' hopes have been met with misery for Palestinians and missiles for Israelis.

Hamas, an Iran proxy, has become a danger not only to Israel, but also to Palestinians as well as to neighboring Arab states, who fear the spread of radical Islam could destabilize their countries.

Arabs claim they love the Palestinian people, but they seem more interested in sacrificing them. If they really loved their Palestinian brethren, they'd pressure Hamas to stop firing missiles at Israel. In the longer term, the Arab world must end the Palestinians' refugee status and thereby their desire to harm Israel. It's time for the 22 Arab countries to open their borders and absorb the Palestinians of Gaza who wish to start a new life. It is time for the Arab world to truly help the Palestinians, not use them.

Last edited:
Victory to the Zionist infidel!
Jews: Population 14 million [0.2% of world population]
Muslims: Population 1.6 BILLION [23% of world population]

186 Jews have been awarded the Nobel Prize accounting for 22% of all individual recipients worldwide between 1901 and 2011

Muslim Nobel Prize winners are only 9 in total of which 5 are for peace! And 1 in physics was given to Abdus Salam who belongs to Ahmadiyya sect which is not considered to be Muslim by Muslims.

We have just insulted Islam by laughing at the Allah guaranteed superiority over the infidel. Wait, are you hearing Allahu Akbar?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl76nw92AJc]Jews and Muslims-Nobel Prize List (Latest) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
John F. Kennedy, "Salute To Israel"
Both Israel and the United States acknowledge the supremacy of the moral law – both believe in personal as well as national liberty – and, perhaps most important, both will fight to the end to maintain that liberty

I join in this salute of Israel today because of my own deep admiration for Israel and her people – an admiration based not on hearsay, not on assumption, but on my own personal experience. For I went to Palestine in 1939; and I saw there an unhappy land...For century after century, Romans, Turks, Christians, Moslems, Pagans, British – all had conquered the Holy Land – but none could make it prosper. In the words of Israel Zangwill: “The land without a people waited for the people without a land.” The realm where once milk and honey flowed, and civilization flourished, was in 1939 a barren realm – barren of hope and cheer and progress as well as crops and industries – a gloomy picture for a young man paying his first visit from the United States.

But 12 years later, in 1951, I traveled again to the land by the River Jordan – this time as a Member of the Congress of the United States – and this time to see first-hand the new State of Israel. The transformation which had taken place could not have been more complete. For between the time of my visit in 1939 and my visit in 1951, a nation had been reborn – a desert had been reclaimed – and a national integrity had been redeemed, after 2,000 years of seemingly endless waiting. Zion had at least been restored – and she had promptly opened her arms to the homeless and the weary and the persecuted. It was the “Ingathering of the Exiles” – they had heard the call of their homeland; and they had come, brands plucked from the burning – they had come from concentration camps and ghettoes, from distant exile and dangerous sanctuary, from broken homes in Poland and lonely huts in Yemen, like the ancient strangers in a strange land they had come. And Israel received them all, fed them, housed them, cared for them, bound up their wounds, and enlisted them in the struggle to build a new nation.

Yes; Israel, we salute you. We honor your progress and your determination and your spirit. But in the midst of our rejoicing we do not forget your peril. We know that no other nation in this world lives out its days in an atmosphere of such constant tension and fear. We know that no other nation in this world is surrounded on every side by such violent hate and prejudice

Today we celebrate her 8th birthday – but I say without hesitation that she will live to see an 80th birthday – and an eight hundredth. For peace is all Israel asks, no more – a peace that will “beat swords into plowshares and spears into pruning-hooks”; a peace that will enable the desert to “rejoice and blossom as the rose,” “when the wicked cease from troubling and the weary be at rest.” Then, and only then, will the world have witnessed the complete fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophecy “Tzee-Yon B’Meeshpat Teepadeh” – “Zion shall be redeemed through justice.” And all of us here, and there, and everywhere will then be able to say to each other with faith and with confidence, in our coming and in our going: “Shalom” – peace! Peace be with you, now and forever.

Remarks by Senator John F. Kennedy at Yankee Stadium on April 29, 1956 | Finding Camelot

There's a lot of bashing going on here about how Palestinians haven't brought any contributions to peace, but I don't know of any Israeli contributions to peace either. So please list some, if you can find any.

(1) Oslo accords provide 98% of what the Arabs wanted for faux promises on a piece of paper.
(2) Pull out of Gaza and evacuating the Jewish cities there.
(3) Creating the PLO and allowing them to control the WB (and Gaza before Hamas took it over)
(4) Consistently providing free medical care to Palestinians
(5) Gas and other freebies to Gaza
(6) Allow the Palestinian settlement in Israel, provide them citizenship, the right to vote and the equal rights as the Jews, while the Palestinians say NOT ONE JEWS CAN BE IN PALESTINE OR WE KILL THEM!
(7) Building up the Palestinian economy to be in a better position then most of the other failed Arab states in the region.
(8) Once again a few years ago the Pres (forgot his name) before Bibi offered everything but Jerusalem and some of the largest Jewish cities in Israel.

Last edited:

Are you just dumb or a stupid bitch?

Probably both!

Are you just dumb or a stupid bitch?

Probably both!

IMA DUNCE :badgrin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Vp642ERhM&feature=related]Sound-Effects - Crowd Laughing - YouTube[/ame]

(1) Oslo accords provide 98% of what the Arabs wanted for faux promises on a piece of paper.
(3) Creating the PLO and allowing them to control the WB (and Gaza before Hamas took it over)

You don't really believe all that, do you?

You don't really believe all that, do you?

Since Jordan constituted 80% of "Palestine" during the British Mandate [eastern palestine] prior to the Brits giving it to the Hashemites from Arabia, when will you demand the King of Jordan relinquish Jordan-occupied palestine to the fakestinians?

There are many. Israel accepted the Partition of the Mandate despite the fact that the land granted to the new state was not contiguous and was only a tiny fraction of what they had hoped for and that they would have only a slim majority over the Arabs who would share the state, 500,000 Jews and 400,000 Arabs.

In 1949 when Jewish forces were advancing almost everywhere, they agreed to a ceasefire despite the fact that they had not yet taken Jerusalem.

A week after the Six Day War Israel offered to return all the land it had captured, except for Jerusalem, in return for peace, but the Arabs not only refused the offer, they even refused to acknowledge the offer.

After capturing Jerusalem in 1967 Israel turned over control of the Muslim holy sites, including al Aksa, to the Muslim wafq in Jordan.

The land for peace formula embodied in UNSC 242 was an Israeli initiative presented to the Security Council by the US on Israel's behalf.

When the opportunity for peace with Egypt arose Israel abandoned Sinai in return for peace, a land area greater than all of Israel, and forcibly removed Jewish communities there.

Israel has made numerous offers to the Arabs in the disputed territories that would have given them a state of their own, but the Arabs have refused every offer that would have allowed Israel to remain a Jewish state.

Israel remains open to negotiating peace with any of the Arab states, but with few exceptions the Arabs refuse to discuss it.

In each of these cases, Israel has been willing to make significant concessions in return for peace. Neither the Arab nations nor the Palestinian Arabs have ever been willing make any concessions for peace.

Here's a few Palestinian contributions to peace. Nobel is a Peace Prize, is it not?
Something happened, I had a senior moment.

Jewish Nobel Prize Winners - Jewish Contributions to Society

The first 3 I never heard of (probably didn't do shit for actual peace)
Kissinger is a tool
Weisel is a nazi hunter, not relevant to peace.
Peres and Rabin are terrorists.

Only Begin who signed a Peace treaty with Egypt would qualify. Ok, so that's something.

There are many. Israel accepted the Partition of the Mandate despite the fact that the land granted to the new state was not contiguous and was only a tiny fraction of what they had hoped for and that they would have only a slim majority over the Arabs who would share the state, 500,000 Jews and 400,000 Arabs.

In 1949 when Jewish forces were advancing almost everywhere, they agreed to a ceasefire despite the fact that they had not yet taken Jerusalem.

A week after the Six Day War Israel offered to return all the land it had captured, except for Jerusalem, in return for peace, but the Arabs not only refused the offer, they even refused to acknowledge the offer.

After capturing Jerusalem in 1967 Israel turned over control of the Muslim holy sites, including al Aksa, to the Muslim wafq in Jordan.

The land for peace formula embodied in UNSC 242 was an Israeli initiative presented to the Security Council by the US on Israel's behalf.

When the opportunity for peace with Egypt arose Israel abandoned Sinai in return for peace, a land area greater than all of Israel, and forcibly removed Jewish communities there.

Israel has made numerous offers to the Arabs in the disputed territories that would have given them a state of their own, but the Arabs have refused every offer that would have allowed Israel to remain a Jewish state.

Israel remains open to negotiating peace with any of the Arab states, but with few exceptions the Arabs refuse to discuss it.

In each of these cases, Israel has been willing to make significant concessions in return for peace. Neither the Arab nations nor the Palestinian Arabs have ever been willing make any concessions for peace.

1st 4 paragraphs: you can't say it's for peace when they are involved in a war and just killed a whole bunch of people and took their land.

paragraph 5: kinda disqualified because giving a sliver of land back that you forcibly took isn't a peace initiative, it's a joke.

paragraph6: I agree the thing with Egypt was the most legitimate play for peace, even though it had an air of paragraph 5, but that the arabs agreed to a deal qualifies it as a legitimate step for peace. Ok.

Last 2 paragraphs: disqualified because Israel's tactics recently of trying to talk peace while at the same time building more houses and whatnot in the West Bank...

Forum List

Back