Israeli-Indian aerial defence system passes first test

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It's great to see Israel and India working together on something like this since both countries have enemies.

Israeli-Indian aerial defence system passes first test
Tuesday, 11 November 2014 - 1:45am IST Updated: Tuesday, 11 November 2014 - 1:46am IST | Place: JERUSALEM | Agency: Reuters
An aerial defence system developed jointly by Israel and India, passed its first trial simulating combat conditions on Monday.
  • 282613-missiles.jpg
    Missile (Representational photo)
An aerial defence system developed jointly by Israeland India passed its first trial simulating combat conditions on Monday, state-owned manufacturer Israel AerospaceIndustries (IAI) said.

The Barak 8 system is designed to shoot down incoming aircraft or missiles from land or sea platforms. Defence industry sources have said the value of the project is $1.4 billion and highlights burgeoning Israeli-Indian defence ties.

The Indian partner in the project signed in 2006, the government Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), confirmed the successful test in Israel of Barak 8's Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LRSAM).

Continue reading at:

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report-israeli-indian-aerial-defence-system-passes

I believe Barak 8 is being fitted on India's latest aircraft carrier Vikramaditya in a role of integrated air defense for the vessel.

I believe Barak 8 is being fitted on India's latest aircraft carrier Vikramaditya in a role of integrated air defense for the vessel.

Hopefully the Israelis and the Indians will be working together a lot on different projects as both the Israelis and Indians are very good at science.
Benjamin Netanyahu lauds India's science prowess
PTINov 7, 2014, 10.36AM IST
pixel.gif

pixel.gif

("My uncle, who was a mathematician,…)
TEL AVIV: Lauding India's capacity for science and innovation, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told visiting Indian Home Minister Rajnath Singh that the best mathematicians always came from India.

"My uncle, who was a mathematician, always used to tell me that the best mathematicians came from India", Netanyahu told Singh.

pixel.gif

The Indian Home Minister commended the achievements of Israel and Israeli scientists in different fields sharing with the Israeli Premier a not so well collaboration in the field of science between people from the two old civilisations.

Singh, a former Professor of Physics, also shared with Netanyahu the story of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle being inspired by Rabindranath Tagore.

Heisenberg spent some time in India as the guest of the celebrated poet in 1929 during which he had long conversations about science and philosophy.

This introduction to Indian thought brought Heisenberg great comfort and is supposed to have convinced him to see that the recognition of relativity, interconnectedness, and impermanence as fundamental aspects of physical reality, which had been so difficult for him and his fellow physicists, was the very basis of the Indian spiritual traditions.

Continue reading at:

Benjamin Netanyahu lauds India s science prowess - Economic Times

Forum List

Back