Israeli democracy is rotting from the inside

With the latest elections and democracy being challenged around the world it's interesting to see how democracy in Israel is being eroded.

Mr Annexation seems to be more interested in ensuring that he maintains power under any circumstance, even if it means putting democracy aside.

Israel moving away from democracy to authoritarianism cannot be a good move for anyone, particularly for the minorities living in Israel.

An 'innocent' country can apply laws to quieten media and NGO's from reporting from within suggests that 'innocence' is not that prominent.

The only country in the Middle East where elections are held to decide who the PM or President should be and you have issues with it. LOL. I smell Your antisemitism.
It took this long?
Humanity...more like Insanity.

So did Margaret Thatcher.

Then there's Angela Merkel.
We don´t have term limits, right. But it was a major argument that "Syria is ruled by the Assad family". And there is only one single Assad in the government and the 2012 constitution limits the terms.

That's true about Assad. A family dynasty. True nepotism.

In the tradition of the Borgias.
You should know it is not like that.

2000 Syrian presidential election - Wikipedia

I should know that matriarch Assad runs the show.
He´s elected.

Of course. :04:

We don´t have term limits, right. But it was a major argument that "Syria is ruled by the Assad family". And there is only one single Assad in the government and the 2012 constitution limits the terms.

He´s elected.

2014 Syrian presidential election - Wikipedia

Syria´s President has only two terms. Netanyahu has ruled the country for decades now.

You must be joking. Assad's father ruled for decades until his death and now it looks like his son will do the same. Syria has a sham election every 7 years with only one candidate on the ballot. I think this terrible civil war going on in Syria right now disproves your ridiculous statement.

He´s elected.

2014 Syrian presidential election - Wikipedia

Do you think I don't know about that?

You should try to get hold of this:

The rise of the Assads

The rise of the Assads
The article is in fact empty.

Syria´s President has only two terms. Netanyahu has ruled the country for decades now.

You must be joking. Assad's father ruled for decades until his death and now it looks like his son will do the same. Syria has a sham election every 7 years with only one candidate on the ballot. I think this terrible civil war going on in Syria right now disproves your ridiculous statement.
Maybe you should look into something before you explode. Syria had presidential referendums. But now they have multi-candidate elections.
The 2012 constitution allows only two terms for a president. However, laws are not applicable retroactively, so you won´t mind, when Assad is now in his first term.

With the latest elections and democracy being challenged around the world it's interesting to see how democracy in Israel is being eroded.

Mr Annexation seems to be more interested in ensuring that he maintains power under any circumstance, even if it means putting democracy aside.

Israel moving away from democracy to authoritarianism cannot be a good move for anyone, particularly for the minorities living in Israel.

An 'innocent' country can apply laws to quieten media and NGO's from reporting from within suggests that 'innocence' is not that prominent.

The only country in the Middle East where elections are held to decide who the PM or President should be and you have issues with it. LOL. I smell Your antisemitism.
For five terms.....Like Hugo !

The rise of the Assads

Get hold of the TV show.

On second thoughts, don't.

I don't know why I'm bothering trying to convince you. In fact I don't know what I'm trying into convince you of.

Get hold of the TV show.

I don't know why I'm bothering trying to convince you. In fact I don't know what I'm trying into convince you of.
Read the article.

"To maintain his position, Hafez created a system of divide and rule and personalised his power to such an extent that it was he alone who held the state together."

Assad tightened the rules a bit after the first scum upraising in Hama. I guess you know what happens when you give democracy to Islamists. They take over and establish a caliphate.

Get hold of the TV show.

Read the article.

"To maintain his position, Hafez created a system of divide and rule and personalised his power to such an extent that it was he alone who held the state together."

Assad tightened the rules a bit after the first scum upraising in Hama. I guess you know what happens when you give democracy to Islamists. They take over and establish a caliphate.

I was more interested in the family dynamics and dynasty in that story.

An age old archetype.

Get hold of the TV show.

Read the article.

An age old archetype.
It is way more complicated that this few lines in this article can describe.

The rise of the Assads

Get hold of the TV show.

Read the article.

An age old archetype.

The article was a precursor for the TV series. In episodes.

Nope, that's you smelling you... Stinks right!

I love that there are some bitching about Assad when the original article is about how nut&yahoo is trying to achieve 'Assad status' by taking Israel down the authoritarianism road! Nice deflections!

Get hold of the TV show.

Read the article.

An age old archetype.

Search for Syrian coup d'état to see more. There are several, including failed.

Get hold of the TV show.

Read the article.

An age old archetype.

Search for Syrian coup d'état to see more. There are several, including failed.

I don't want to.

You must be joking. Assad's father ruled for decades until his death and now it looks like his son will do the same. Syria has a sham election every 7 years with only one candidate on the ballot. I think this terrible civil war going on in Syria right now disproves your ridiculous statement.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you should look into something before you explode. Syria had presidential referendums. But now they have multi-candidate elections.
The 2012 constitution allows only two terms for a president. However, laws are not applicable retroactively, so you won´t mind, when Assad is now in his first term.[/QUOTE]

Are you really that naive?

I love that there are some bitching about Assad when the original article is about how nut&yahoo is trying to achieve 'Assad status' by taking Israel down the authoritarianism road! Nice deflections!

Bleipriester claimed that Assad is ruling democratically so we went into that tangent. Israel should have term limits though.

Forum List

Back