Israel squeezed out by Iran and US goodwill

Connery

Rookie
Oct 19, 2012
"Netanyahu has made no direct public comment about last week's highly successful charm offensive at the UN by Iran's new president, Hassan Rouhani, and his subsequent game-changing telephone conversation with Obama. But the Israeli prime minister vowed before arriving in the US to counter Iran's "onslaught of smiles". He was not expected to pull his punches when addressing the UN on Tuesday, and has extended his US visit by a day to push his views in a series of media interviews."

Israel squeezed out by Iran and US goodwill | World news | theguardian.com

Does Israel have anything to worry about or are they acting like petulant children regarding the diplomatic "advances" made by the US and Iran?

I do not believe that the US would abandon their ally Israel an effort to strengthen their nascent relationship with Iran.

Zionists are shitting their pants across the globe.

I don't blame them. All that money, all that politicking, all that lobbying, all that hasbara, down the drain due to one smiling iranian cleric.

Rouhani was elected based on one single promise he made to the iranian people..that he would get the sanctions lifted.

• Banned

I don't blame them. All that money, all that politicking, all that lobbying, all that hasbara, down the drain due to one smiling iranian cleric.

You think Israel has something to fear from a possible stabilizing factor in the region? I do not think that should cause any worry.

"Netanyahu has made no direct public comment about last week's highly successful charm offensive at the UN by Iran's new president, Hassan Rouhani, and his subsequent game-changing telephone conversation with Obama. But the Israeli prime minister vowed before arriving in the US to counter Iran's "onslaught of smiles". He was not expected to pull his punches when addressing the UN on Tuesday, and has extended his US visit by a day to push his views in a series of media interviews."

Does Israel have anything to worry about or are they acting like petulant children regarding the diplomatic "advances" made by the US and Iran?

I do not believe that the US would abandon their ally Israel an effort to strengthen their nascent relationship with Iran.

I seriously doubt they would. Iran is a "let's wait and see" ally.

It does seem as if they are acting like "petulant children" however - other allies, such as Saudi Arabia aren't overly happy either. A key point is Iran is in THEIR backyard so these guys have the most to worry about.

It does seem as if they are acting like "petulant children" however - other allies, such as Saudi Arabia aren't overly happy either. A key point is Iran is in THEIR backyard so these guys have the most to worry about.

Tru dat.

You think Israel has something to fear from a possible stabilizing factor in the region? I do not think that should cause any worry.

Of course. Israel has always counted on it's opponents in the area fighting themselves rather than fighting israel.

Of course. Israel has always counted on it's opponents in the area fighting themselves rather than fighting israel.

Yep, because the Arab Ummah loves everyone so much that they're busy killing one another and blaimng the Jews for it.

morons:lol:

I would not count Iran as an ally of the US on any level. The US has shown they are serious regarding WMDs in the region by their actions regarding Syria recently, also the measures taken to cripple Iranian economy have been effective. Smart move would be for Iran to simply get along. If I were Israel I would be quiet and watch how things unfold.

My problem with this is that Iranians are good people and were our strong ally until Carter knifed the Shah in the back and let the Ayatollah back in. Then the radicals took over, took our embassy staff hostage and we've been bitter enemies ever since.

My problem with this is that Iranians are good people and were our strong ally until Carter knifed the Shah in the back and let the Ayatollah back in. Then the radicals took over, took our embassy staff hostage and we've been bitter enemies ever since.

rock----all true----in general----educated Iranians are fine people----in the past 30
years----the uneducated have been re-educated -------something like Hitler's youth
were educated

Obama is unlikely to abandon Israel, not for altruistic reasons, heaven knows that ....but because of self interest.
The Obama doctrine, misguided s it is, means that Obama has no choice but to go through the charade of negotiations with Iran....eventually he will realize it is a dead end.

Putin, on the other hand, through his actions in Syria, has shown what a steadfast and true friend really is to his allies .... in total and absolute contrast to Obama's weakling knee jerk reactions who will turn in any direction for hope of temporarily gain. Obama has got a lot to learn about being loyal to his true friend Israel.... the only one in the Middle East who doesn't fawn over him, while at the same time stabbing him in the back.

Yes, the US will of course stand by it's ally Israel. This could be a good cop (US) bad cop (Israel) shtick they are pulling, to entice to the Iranians to step up.

I also believe the press is creating a way out for Obama, as they did with Syria, painting a moderate with the new Iranian leader, when in reality he's just a bullshit artist keeping the US and West busy "talking" while they're moving ahead with their nuclear program. The media is now virtually an arm of the Democratic party.

Obama is unlikely to abandon Israel, not for altruistic reasons, heaven knows that ....but because of self interest.
The Obama doctrine, misguided s it is, means that Obama has no choice but to go through the charade of negotiations with Iran....eventually he will realize it is a dead end.

Putin, on the other hand, through his actions in Syria, has shown what a steadfast and true friend really is to his allies .... in total and absolute contrast to Obama's weakling knee jerk reactions who will turn in any direction for hope of temporarily gain. Obama has got a lot to learn about being loyal to his true friend Israel.... the only one in the Middle East who doesn't fawn over him, while at the same time stabbing him in the back.
Obama will not abandon Israel mostly because one of the biggest groups funding and providing all kinds of support for the Democratic party are Zionist Jews, although of the liberal kind.

Last edited:

Iran, an ally? Ha ha ha. Sure sure.

Inside Iran - The Structure Of Power In Iran | Terror And Tehran | FRONTLINE | PBS

Here is one article on the internal political structure of Iran. It appears to be quite complex, an oligarchy where the supreme cleric actually rules, but does so by veto.....

I expect Rouhani is only going to 'moderate' as far as he's allowed. As for his 'charm' - it matters not. While Iran still supports the Syrian 'government' murdering thousands of civilians, while Iran still bankrolls terrorism via Shi'a groups like Hezbullah - they are not going to be any more of an 'ally' than Pakistan.

We shouldn't trust any nation ruled by clerics - no matter of which faith or denomination. If the Russians didn't have nukes, I'd say 'let them bleed themselves white trying to prop up Syria and Iran' .......

I don't think Israel has all that much to worry about: we'd need a REALLY strong reason to abrogate our treaties with Israel, and if we ever did so that would basically signal to ALL our other allies that the US can never be counted upon.

Yes, the US will of course stand by it's ally Israel. This could be a good cop (US) bad cop (Israel) shtick they are pulling, to entice to the Iranians to step up.

I also believe the press is creating a way out for Obama, as they did with Syria, painting a moderate with the new Iranian leader, when in reality he's just a bullshit artist keeping the US and West busy "talking" while they're moving ahead with their nuclear program. The media is now virtually an arm of the Democratic party.
There is no question in my mind that Israel is the boogeyman under the bed in these dealings with Iran. Obama hits like a girl, and I do not mean an IDF baby, he needs Israel to continue rattling the saber.

I do see that Russia, while an ally, will stop short of an all out war on behalf of it's allies. IIRC, Russia at one point would not ship supplies needed by Iran for their nuclear program, although Russia helps a great deal with other major aspects of that program.

All the players here have feet of clay and limitations on how far they will go.

Forum List

Back