Israel armed security in schools to protect from terrorists

Should we have armed persons in our schools like Israel does?

• Total voters
It works for the Jews it will work us. It would give a lot of our black and white unemployed veterans and legal US citizens a good job too.

I don't want to live like a Zionist, thank you very much.

"I'm going to live in constant fear because God told me to steal someone else's land, and I have to worry the might actually strike back!"

No, we don't need "more armed guards", we need "less armed nuts".

Sorry, but having armed people in schools just sounds wrong to me.

Wakey wakey....it's 2018 and time to stop this shit....shooters head straight for "gun free zones"....like sanctuary cities, they are relics of the past.
there was a cop on duty at the Florida school

I believe there were two and that leads to the most important question of all...
Why didn't they immediately engage?

Just like Columbine. The first Police on the scene never enter the frickin'
school. These things are over in minutes. They are not day-long battles.
The first officers there must enter and engage.

I've read that every Israeli school has at least 3 teachers armed. Not openly,
but concealed. Thus nobody knows who has the weapons. Considering
Israel has a terrorist attack weekly, that they've never had a school shot
up is a pretty remarkable statistic.

We've got cops who won't enter until they dress up like they're Army Rangers. We've got an FBI, that claims to be the premier law enforcement
agency in the world, asking the electorate..."If You see something...say something." People do and the FBI does nothing, or are inept in finding
someone who used his own name on a YouTube account.

I heard someone say that they could have gotten the guy who's acct he
posted on to engage him in conversation, because obviously he was
responding to others and he and the FBI could have gotten more info.

We all better arm ourselves because these fuckin' cops are struggling
with this stuff. Maybe they need to rotate school duty. It probably can
get a bit boring day-after-day but you're only going to get one chance
to stop this stuff. They MUST be alert.

No, there's no value to shooting up schools and they put the Arabs in separate schools than the Israelis.

While we do have a violence problem, it isn't a racial one. If black folks were shooting up white folks, you bet your ass we'd see some common sense gun control. But when it's white people shooting each other.. meh, no big deal. Um, er, mental Illness, thoughts and prayers, whatever.

Armed teachers, guards bolster school security in Israel

It works for the Jews it will work us. It would give a lot of our black and white unemployed veterans and legal US citizens a good job too.
How are you going to protect the kids when they leave school ? Maybe go to a concert or watch a film ?
??? - What? Isn't the implicit assertion of the poll question that armed guards/teachers would curtail the incidence of school shootings?

I don't approve of teachers/guards having guns on school campuses because I understand enough about American culture and that understanding suggests to me that there will surely be instances in which students might overpower a gun-packing teacher or guard and take the gun and use it against one or more individuals in the school.

Say what you want about proposals to eliminate guns from any given community, but to my mind, observing that guns aren't allowed in schools and other places and the incidence of individuals in those places (as opposed to individuals who enter those places from outside the building) shooting people is very low. That is almost certainly because there are no/very few guns there. Violence still happens, of course, but people aren't getting shot in course of that violence.

Sorry, but having armed people in schools just sounds wrong to me.

Wakey wakey....it's 2018 and time to stop this shit....shooters head straight for "gun free zones"....like sanctuary cities, they are relics of the past.
there was a cop on duty at the Florida school

I believe there were two and that leads to the most important question of all...
Why didn't they immediately engage?

Just like Columbine. The first Police on the scene never enter the frickin'
school. These things are over in minutes. They are not day-long battles.
The first officers there must enter and engage.

We've got cops who won't enter until they dress up like they're Army Rangers. We've got an FBI, that claims to be the premier law enforcement
agency in the world, asking the electorate..."If You see something...say something." People do and the FBI does nothing, or are inept in finding
someone who used his own name on a YouTube account.

I heard someone say that they could have gotten the guy who's acct he
posted on to engage him in conversation, because obviously he was
responding to others and he and the FBI could have gotten more info.

We all better arm ourselves because these fuckin' cops are struggling
with this stuff. Maybe they need to rotate school duty. It probably can
get a bit boring day-after-day but you're only going to get one chance
to stop this stuff. They MUST be alert.
you are right these things are over fast---usually--Columbine was not
that also was my question--why didn't the cop get there ''sooner''?
I'm guessing it was a big campus--also confusion where the shooter was sepcifically

a lot of people do not think realistically--they think like the movies/tv--SWAT-Lethal Weapon/Dirty Harry/etc::
1.it takes time---minutes for people to realize--
---a. something is odd--then those are shots--then are they real--then what should I do?
...you heard it from the people at this shooting
...at the Pearl harbor attack--people saw planes bombing and thought it was just training!
2. then it takes time to locate the shooter--even if you are close by
--by this time it's too late--as you say....
...even if teachers had a weapon, damage would've been done--they could stop it from escalating of course

that's very easy for someone to say who has never been there, doesn't know a thing about the country and has zero understanding of what they face.

I'll also point out that every adult in Israel has served in the military and is highly trained and isn't some gun-toting wanna be

OH yes, you're right, every child male and female should be trained in the use of firearms starting from the age of reason (eight years old).

You know, banks have alarm systems that immediately notify the police that a bank robbery is going on.

Why don't schools have the same kind of alarms?

that's very easy for someone to say who has never been there, doesn't know a thing about the country and has zero understanding of what they face.

I'll also point out that every adult in Israel has served in the military and is highly trained and isn't some gun-toting wanna be

OH yes, you're right, every child male and female should be trained in the use of firearms starting from the age of reason (eight years old).
I had my first true firearm at age 5.

If at all possible, don't send your children into the Government-run School nightmare. Seek educational alternatives. Nothing's gonna change. It isn't gonna get any better. It is what it is.

you think that's ok?

you think that's ok?
Absolutely. What's wrong with it ?

Yesterday I remembered that when I went on a field trip as a student at Haifa University, one of the instructors brought a rifle on the bus. I remember feeling a sense of comfort and protection when I saw the instructor get on the bus with a rifle. I knew the instructor had been in the Israeli army, and so I knew he knew how to use it.

Again, why do liberals so often oppose things that we know work?

Forum List

Back