Israel and US discuss defunding of UNRWA

Why should Jews return to "their country of origin?"

Because they are the indigenous peoples there and they want to.
Oh, okay, before you were talking about "their country of origin." It appeared as though you were suggesting they leave Israel for whatever country they came from, which seemed odd after reading your other posts.

Jews (people that practice Judaism) are not indigenous to Palestine/Israel either factually, based on ancestry, or mythically, based on the old testament.
Aren't some Jews actually indigenous to Palestine/Israel?

There is a very great difference between a mandate which intends to resolve the humanitarian crises experienced by refugees by repatriation or resettlement and one which intends to hold refugees in an unresolved humanitarian crises or to maintain aide in perpetuity.
UNWRA is strictly an aid agency. It has no authority to resolve anything.
Well maybe it should make sure the schools it sets up (using US taxpayer money) for the Palestinians aren't being used as terrorist indoctrination centers and rocket launch sites. Waddaya think?
I think you spend too much time reading Israeli propaganda.
I think you spend too much time spouting off Hamas terrorist propaganda. It has been proven many times in this thread that what the depraved Palestinians are doing in these US funded schools amounts to crimes against humanity, and their leadership should be prosecuted for it.

Why should Jews return to "their country of origin?"

Because they are the indigenous peoples there and they want to.
Oh, okay, before you were talking about "their country of origin." It appeared as though you were suggesting they leave Israel for whatever country they came from, which seemed odd after reading your other posts.

I was indicating that refugees, according to international law, only have to be repatriated to their country of origin, not to the exact village, location or building that they left. The 900,000 Jewish refugees of the Israeli war of independence have elected to be resettled. There is no issue of them being repatriated to their "country of origin".

Though you bring up a thought, the country of origin of all Jews is Israel. So if those on team Palestine wish to hold a standard of right of return in perpetuity then I can support that.

the country of origin of all Jews is Israel

I always find that one a 'dodgy ground' argument...

Shouldn't all Jews, based upon that statement, be carrying an Israeli passport? Relinquish their American, British, French passports and take an Israeli one?

Shouldn't all Jews, based upon that statement, be carrying an Israeli passport? Relinquish their American, British, French passports and take an Israeli one?
Why do you write such absurdity?
Shouldn't all British, Germans, French, Checks, Japanese, Chinese, etc be carrying passports from their ancestors countries even if they were born in another country?

Why do you think and write such absurdities?

Shouldn't all British, Germans, French, Checks, Japanese, Chinese, etc be carrying passports from their ancestors countries even if they were born in another country?

Think about it...

That's the point!

The world doesn't work like that does it, only in Israel!

Think about it...

That's the point!

The world doesn't work like that does it, only in Israel!

That is nonsense, again.
Jews are a Nation. The Nation of Israel. An oppressed, persecuted Nation for the past 1700 years.
They were not allowed to have sovereignty over their own land since the Romans conquered it.
They continue to be persecuted today.
What is wrong with having their sovereign country, at last, so that they can have where to go to if feeling unsafe in the country they were born in?

Israel was created to protect all Jews, in their own ancestral homeland, if they had nowhere to go.

UNWRA, on the other hand, was created to keep all Arabs as refugees, not in their ancestral home of Arabia, but in as many Arab conquered lands as possible as one of the many ways for the Arabs to attempt to destroy Israel and give what is left of the Mandate of Palestine back into Muslim hands.

Let us discuss UNWRA and why in the world it continues to exist, and funded by mostly Western countries when the Arab/Muslim ones have mainly stopped giving money into it.

Let us discuss why the UNWRA curriculum mainly, and totally, teaches Arabs/Muslims to hate Jews and to think only of destroying Israel. Why they fund summer camps which teach all of those children how to attack and kill Jews.

Is that what being a refugee anywhere else in the world is about. Learning to attack Assad, or Iran, or anywhere else where those people were forced to leave because of one war or another? Was it that way in Germany, etc?

That is nonsense, again.
Jews are a Nation. The Nation of Israel. An oppressed, persecuted Nation for the past 1700 years.
They were not allowed to have sovereignty over their own land since the Romans conquered it.
What is wrong with having their sovereign country, at last, so that they can have where to go to if feeling unsafe in the country they were born in?

Come on please...

Jews a "nation"? There was me thinking Israel was a nation!

The bleeding heart, "conquered land" is so boring it hurts! Israel is not the ONLY nation to have ever been conquered!

I have NO issues with the existence of Israel, in fact I support it. It all just gets a bit 'boring' that 'Jews' and 'Israel' have to be treated in some special way, like they are unique! They aren't!

"so that they can have where to go to if feeling unsafe in the country they were born in"... Yes of course dear... :cuckoo:

Now, stop your nonsense and move along!

That is nonsense, again.

Come on please...

The bleeding heart, "conquered land" is so boring it hurts! Israel is not the ONLY nation to have ever been conquered!

I have NO issues with the existence of Israel, in fact I support it. It all just gets a bit 'boring' that 'Jews' and 'Israel' have to be treated in some special way, like they are unique! They aren't!

"so that they can have where to go to if feeling unsafe in the country they were born in"... Yes of course dear... :cuckoo:

I understand your lack of knowledge of the concept of what a Nation is. Not your fault.

Jews and Israel do not ask to be treated in some special way, never did, do not, and never will. All of those words you are using are of your own making, and not of Jews.
Not one Jew has ever asked to be treated in some special way. BUT, no other group of people have been put through as many pogroms, a never ending Inquisition, and the absolutely gargantuan lack of respect of Jews as a people done by the Nazis and the Holocaust.

Jews do not treat themselves as special. Some non Jews choose to Chose them for their endless problems and take it out on the Jews because one thing or another is not going well in their lives or in their countries. Lets see how many individuals and countries can work in changing that way of thinking.

All Jews and Israel ask for is for there to be an end to the Christian and Muslim persecution of it s people, and be allowed to live in peace on no matter how small a size of their ancient homeland, as they are doing right now of what is left of the Mandate for Palestine, which was mostly given to the Hashemite Arab clan.

Yes of course dear (you are crazy, looloo symbol) can only be written by someone who has no knowledge and no respect for Jews.

You are all for Israel ? Great.

What you need to be for, now, and what this thread is all about, is wanting all Muslims to put an end to the abhorrent treatment they keep subjecting so many of their Arab Muslim and Christians fellowmen and women to the endless punishment because they want to wait for Israel to be destroyed.

Discuss the issues of this thread, and try not to run for it with your "I am all for Israel to exist, but...."

Are you for defunding UNWRA or to keep it until hell freezes over?

That is nonsense, again.

Come on please...

One more thing.

You do not even seem to have any idea when the Jewish People became a Nation, and why they are referred to as the Jewish Nation. Which is no different from referring to the Apaches, etc, as the Apache Nation.

You have no knowledge, that is fine.
You have no interest in learning, that is fine, too.

Israel, the country, and the Jewish Nation do not depend on you or anyone else knowing those things. :)

That is nonsense, again.

Come on please...

I understand your lack of knowledge of the concept of what a Nation is. Not your fault.

Great, then I will apply your fantasy land understanding of a Nation, declare myself a Nation, call it Humanityville and take over.... Hmm let's see.... Baltimore!

That is nonsense, again.

Come on please...

Great, then I will apply your fantasy land understanding of a Nation, declare myself a Nation, call it Humanityville and take over.... Hmm let's see.... Baltimore!
You apply whatever absurd foolishness you wish to whatever you wish, whenever you wish.

And that is because you do not have the faintest idea what makes a Nation, and much less when and how the Jewish People became a Nation.

:)

Which is no different from referring to the Apaches, etc, as the Apache Nation.

Excellent...

So you are happy for the Apache tribes to move back to their homelands? Take back what was taken from them? After all, they are the same as Jews and you don't believe that Jews receive any special treatments...

That is nonsense, again.

Come on please...

You apply whatever absurd foolishness you wish to whatever you wish, whenever you wish.

And that is because you do not have the faintest idea what makes a Nation, and much less when and how the Jewish People became a Nation.

Did you want to go back to the Cyprus/Turkey debate that you bailed out of running scared?

That's exactly whats going to happen here... You will HAVE to bail out of this little chat simply because your sense of reality as far as what a Nation is, what a Jew is and what Israel is has messed with your brain...

Whether the funding of UNWRA continues or not will not change the situation in Palestine... That is simply an ongoing problem that will ONLY be resolved when Israel has taken all of Palestine... And they will... And they will get away with it... Why? Because Israel is "special"!

Which is no different from referring to the Apaches, etc, as the Apache Nation.

Excellent...

So you are happy for the Apache tribes to move back to their homelands? Take back what was taken from them? After all, they are the same as Jews and you don't believe that Jews receive any special treatments...
I have said in other threads that all indigenous people have the right to be sovereign over their ancient homelands. So, yes, it means the Apaches, the Navajos, the Kurds, the Tibetan, the Yazidis, any of the 500 First Nations left in the USA, any in Canada, in Mexico, South and Central America.

Many of those tribes have achieved, legally, the right to be sovereign over their lands and follow the laws of their people. All you have to do is research about it. How many US tribes have been achieving autonomy.

They could not even have autonomy before, now some do. From there to sovereignty over their own land, it a question of what the American governments would ever allow to happen. It is a question of what will happen in the future which will allow them to be sovereign over any part of their lands, the way the Jews were able to achieve sovereignty over part of theirs, the way the Kurds are attempting to achieve sovereignty and recognition over their land.

It all just gets a bit 'boring' that 'Jews' and 'Israel' have to be treated in some special way, like they are unique!

The left condemns Israel more than North Korea, so I guess they are treated "special".

That is nonsense, again.

Come on please...

Did you want to go back to the Cyprus/Turkey debate that you bailed out of running scared?

That's exactly whats going to happen here... You will HAVE to bail out of this little chat simply because your sense of reality as far as what a Nation is, what a Jew is and what Israel is has messed with your brain...

Whether the funding of UNWRA continues or not will not change the situation in Palestine... That is simply an ongoing problem that will ONLY be resolved when Israel has taken all of Palestine... And they will... And they will get away with it... Why? Because Israel is "special"!

I did not bail out of the Cyprus/Turkey debate. It is not the thread for it.
The case is the same as for Israel, and Tibet, etc. Their land was taken over by the Turks, the same way as Crimea has been taken over by Russia, etc.
Are you a Turk that you seem to want to defend Turkey invading the Northern part of Cyprus and refusing to give it back?

Play whatever game you want with your comparisons.

You clearly think you have all the answers, since you believe that my mind is "messed up".

The end of UNWRA would make all the difference in keeping Millions of Arabs under the claim of refugees, which most of them are not, just the ones who left Israel during the war or were expelled for fighting against Israel.
What a pity that you don not seem to want the end of misery of so many Millions of Arabs used as pawns, called refugees.

ALL of Palestine includes Jordan.

How do you suppose that Israel is going to take over Gaza, and also TransJordan and end up with what the Mandate for Palestine had promised the Jewish People in the Mandate to begin with?

Is the treaty with Jordan going to be broken by Israel? Is Israel going to invade Jordan and send all Arabs back to Arabia?

To you, invaders are not invaders. Nations are not Nations. Israel is responsible for everything, for the ultimate resolution in the whole thing.

UNRWA, which is the theme of this thread, is not a problem, or if it is should or should not continue to exist is not your problem, you do not see it as one.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly.

FREE PALESTINE from all the Muslims who want to see Israel be destroyed.
Free Palestine of all the weapons and money going into it to destroy Israel.
Free Palestine of all the education meant to induce the Arab population to want to kill Jews and destroy Israel.

Israel is special, always has been special TO JEWS.

And Israel and the Jews are none of your business.

Why? Because you know nothing about it and would not learn it if your life depended on it.

Forum List

Back