Isolationism DOES NOT WORK

Of course, isolationism as it was perceived in the 18th century won't work in the modern world. It is silly to expect that.

But is the role of the world police or nation-builder or leading military force in regional blocks appropriate and necessary for the US? Is it really ready and going to start a war with Russia over the Baltic states, or with China over Taiwan, or start a regional war in the Middle East on behalf of its ally (or allies) there?

It seems that strong regional blocks is the only way to go.

I see the usual suspects are coming out to defend Biden's foreign policy. So much better than Trump's, eh?

Last edited:
Arguing the US should abandon the world and do nothing is both stupid and short sighted. It does not work if we pull back the someone WILL take our place and we are NOT self-sufficient AT all.
That's not what's being argued. It wasnt even what was being argued in the 18th century regarding foreign relations.

So OP, please ragale us all on why the conflict between Lesser and Greater Russia is of any concern to the USA to the point we toss billions no end at it while the EU sits on it's hands and worries more about their social issues?

Hell, Germany is still only producing two Leopard IIs a month.....That alone shows me they are not serious about their own defence so why should we be concerned?

When it comes right down to it we can do business with the Russians just as easily than with the EU.....Maybe easier.

Putin never called me deplorable, a white supremacist, or a extremist due to the way I cast my vote.

The leftist enemy within is far more dangerous than Putin.

Thank the globalists and free traitors for throwing any 'American' self sufficient independence under the bus folks

It was all about their back pocket, not yours

~S~

I see the usual suspects are coming out to defend Biden's foreign policy. So much better than Trump's, eh?
Yes, much better.
With Trump's
most of eastern Europe would have fallen to Putin
Philippines would be in Chinese hands as would Taiwan.

Much better.

Isolationism DOES NOT WORK​

1) Define "working".

2) "Isolationism" is a term coined by Wilsonians, in order to disparage anyone who didn't want to stick their noses in militarily across the globe.

3) It hasn't even been tried in at least a century, so you cannot say that with any credibility.

The let's hurry up and be the policemen of the world lobby do not understand that they're the ones who are actually the isiolationists in the broader, more meaningful equation regarding international/geo-political relations.

Non-intervention is not isolation.

In fact, non-intervention is far more conducive to relationships with other nations.

But that's a deeper discussion than I think is actually wanted here.

Economics, trade and all of that stuff...

Last edited:
1706997918722.png

~S~

Yup making excuses for wanting to ignore our sworn oath as allies I see. That works so well remind me what happened after Vietnam and our abandonment of that Country? Remind us all how allowing Iran to control the Middle East is good for us? Or allowing China to control the oceans around them and all those countries? Who do you plan to trade with and how when you dont want us defending anything?

Yup making excuses for wanting to ignore our sworn oath as allies I see. That works so well remind me what happened after Vietnam and our abandonment of that Country? Remind us all how allowing Iran to control the Middle East is good for us? Or allowing China to control the oceans around them and all those countries? Who do you plan to trade with and how when you dont want us defending anything?
What allies?

Israel and all of Europe as well as the Pacific that you want us to abandon.
Nobody said anything about abandoning anyone, Sergeant Strawman.

The Europeans have skated on scores of billions of their obligations, and have used U.S. military cover to grow their welfare states...Let them defend their own damned dirt.

Forum List

Back