Islands Disappear As Ocean Levels Rise

This is a map of the Bering Bridge, which existed 16,500 years ago, but is now underwater. Native Americans used this land bridge to walk from Asia to North America, a journey that stopped being possible 11,000 years ago when waters rose and swallowed it up.

Beringia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So the oceans of the world have been rising and falling for billions of years, and Luddly Neddite, you and your liberal friends aren't going to stop this process even if you shut down every factory, pull the engine out of every car, and send us back to the Stone Ages.

Do facts matter to you? Because these are facts. There is nothing mankind can do to stop waters from rising, or to stop waters from falling. This has been happening since long before we got here, and will continue long after we are gone.

That's what people believe happened.

And yes, there is natural warming and cooling of the Earth. However the warming that is happening now is not natural.

This is a map of the Bering Bridge, which existed 16,500 years ago, but is now underwater. Native Americans used this land bridge to walk from Asia to North America, a journey that stopped being possible 11,000 years ago when waters rose and swallowed it up.

So the oceans of the world have been rising and falling for billions of years, and Luddly Neddite, you and your liberal friends aren't going to stop this process even if you shut down every factory, pull the engine out of every car, and send us back to the Stone Ages.

Do facts matter to you? Because these are facts. There is nothing mankind can do to stop waters from rising, or to stop waters from falling. This has been happening since long before we got here, and will continue long after we are gone.

And yes, there is natural warming and cooling of the Earth. However the warming that is happening now is not natural.
Marvin has been shooting his illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator too often.

Mars is Melting - NASA Science

Let's run with your data. So in 24 years the ocean has risen 2.7 inches. How do you reconcile that with the claim rising seas are submerging islands?

You've never heard of erosion have you? I didn't think so.
Looks like another alleged geologist weighs in with astounding new information. Please feel free to elaborate professor....what is the cause of the "erosion' described in the OP? Any professional observations professor?

What do you think rising sea levels would do to the erosion process? Make it more benign?

I don't believe "scientists" with a proven history of lying, so yes I guess I do, to a certain extent know which scientists to believe.
Based on your extensive understanding of climate science.
Based on educating myself in regards to the politics of AGW.
In other words: You don't know anything about it.
Based on logic. Once you lie to me, I don't trust you.
(you either, lemming.
Oh look, here we have another room temperature IQ stating that all the scientists in the world really know nothing, that an obese junkie on the AM radio, and a fake British Lord really know more than scientists that spent decades mastering their disciplines. Quick, somebody, sell this hick some seafront property in Nebraska.

Really? Do you believe the ocean rises identically everywhere?

Guess what this is

sealevel.jpg
I'd say that any data that claims different sea level rises is proof that the data is bullshit
I would say that anyone that makes the statement that you just did is stupid and ignorant beyond belief. Not only does currents, temperature, and wind affect local sea level, when you are measuring that level in it's relationship to land, there are tectonic forces to take into account.

Have you ever taken even one science course above grade school level? Because your post sure don't indicate that to be the case.

The Earth's gravity field is not uniform. The gravitic effect of the moon and sun swing the tides round and round in a complex dance. Dominant ocean currents create regional gyres and pile water up against contintental barriers. As a result of all of that and more, the ocean surface is a great long ways from "level". Observing sea level at a single site - the Isle of the Dead, for instance - and thinking it has global significance, is simply asinine.
how you figure that? If the series is taken annually and each decade, one can monitor time of day statistics as well as seasonal statistics. Why do you think that individuals can't collect benchmark data and then monitor for years and plot the data? Are you that much of a denier?

based on what?

Guess what this is

sealevel.jpg
I'd say that any data that claims different sea level rises is proof that the data is bullshit
I would say that anyone that makes the statement that you just did is stupid and ignorant beyond belief. Not only does currents, temperature, and wind affect local sea level, when you are measuring that level in it's relationship to land, there are tectonic forces to take into account.

Have you ever taken even one science course above grade school level? Because your post sure don't indicate that to be the case.
Can you guys post some more Bill Nye? :badgrin:

Guess what this is

sealevel.jpg

dude, you have no idea what the sea levels are, no one does. And I am smarter than a scientist if they claim they do. Especially in the middle of the ocean. The slosh of the water around the globe makes it impossible to know a level. Coastal observation are the only true reading. Do you disagree? Do you agree or disagree that the sea level has increased ~3 inches in the last century? If you agree with that increase, how do you know that isn't normal? What special tool does a scientist possess that gives him magic knowledge of normal vs something else? I just laugh at you sir. you are truly a funny dude.

Wow

Just fucking wow

Earth based AGW is melting the ice on Mars

Guess what this is

sealevel.jpg

dude, you have no idea what the sea levels are, no one does. And I am smarter than a scientist if they claim they do. Especially in the middle of the ocean. The slosh of the water around the globe makes it impossible to know a level. Coastal observation are the only true reading. Do you disagree? So do you disagree that the sea level has increased ~3 inches in the last century? If you agree with that increase, how do you know that isn't normal? What special tool does a scientist possess that gives him magic knowledge of normal vs something else? I just laugh at you sir. you are truly a funny dude.

Guam-from-air.jpg

^ Guam, one of the DENIER!!! Islands that refuses to either sink or list badly to port

Guess what this is

sealevel.jpg

dude, you have no idea what the sea levels are, no one does. And I am smarter than a scientist if they claim they do. Especially in the middle of the ocean. The slosh of the water around the globe makes it impossible to know a level. Coastal observation are the only true reading. Do you disagree? So do you disagree that the sea level has increased ~3 inches in the last century? If you agree with that increase, how do you know that isn't normal? What special tool does a scientist possess that gives him magic knowledge of normal vs something else? I just laugh at you sir. you are truly a funny dude.

Guam-from-air.jpg

^ Guam, one of the DENIER!!! Islands that refuses to either sink or list badly to port
I am amazed at how calm the water is in that shot.

Wow

Just fucking wow

Earth based AGW is melting the ice on Mars
that's due to the IR leaving the surface and going to Mars to infect that planet.

Forum List

Back