Islam is a peaceful religion?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by ixove1971, Sep 1, 2004.

1. ixove1971

ixove1971 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I cannot count on any number of fingers how many times i have heard that Islam is a peaceful religion. Yet from the very beggining of the Islamic religion violence and death have followed it around like a blanket on a cold winter night. When Muhummed was 40 years old he encountered an "angel", at first he thought it was a Jin or a demon(he should have tested the spirit to see if it was from God, but alas he did not), and dismiised it correctly as so. He went home and his wife informed him he should go back and write down what this Angel told him, hense the creation of the Qu'ran or a doctrin of demons was created. Several quotes from the Qu'ran inform its followers to kill those who dont follow their religion, no choice but either conform and except or deny and die. Christians and Jews are called "descendants of apes and pigs", and followers are suppose to spread Jihad where ever they can. To say that Islam is a peaceful religion is a lie, followers who do not do the things that this book tell them cannot truly call themselves followers of this religion..and thank goodness for that becuase if every Muslim followed the Qu'ran as it says..we would have so many terrorists that we would have a world war just to purge them from our mists..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I'm afraid the days of being PC with the muslims is coming to an end.

3. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Most of what you say is in principle, correct.

But Mohammad was functionaly illiterate.

And at age 40, as the singular prophet to rule as a dictator as a fundamentalist tyrant, there was no single 'wife' for Mohammand to advise him to 'write' anything down. Instead, at that time, when his rule became tantamount in the Islamic world, he had a large number of Muslim wives, and for those less willing to convert to Islam and marry, even more held in sex slavery as a personal harem.

Among them all, half of them former Jewish girls captured and taken as war booty, his visitations from age 40 failed to seed any more offspring:

http://www.geocities.com/islamic_monitor/Rebuttal.htm

In fact,

http://www.geocities.com/islamic_monitor/Rebuttal.htm

Naturally. The bulk of the Qu'ran was compiled by Mullahs in the keeping of the empire following Mohammad's own death, much of based on personal recollections of the prophets' words and deeds.

And with two established competitive religions from which much of Islam derives, consistent oppression and/or endless calls for war against them serve the ideological needs of Islam as a bastardized version of the Old and New Testaments mixed with elements of the Moon God Allah of former Polytheistic Arabia.

It's certainly not a book one can follow in spirit, such as the New Testament, and expect to live in peace with others. While Jesus as the prophet urged other's to let God have judgement on others in death, Mohammads' Allah demands full commitement from his followers to rise against others in life. It's simply a product of a ruthless, power hungry tyrant who left behind a vast realm he personally built upon slaughter and subjugation. And written by those who enjoyed and extolled the virtues of that regime.

4. deaddude

deaddude Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    There are many kinds of Christianity, yes? Catholicism, Protestantism, Orthodoxy ect. Likewise there are many kinds of Orthodoxy, Catholicism, and Protestantism. There were (and are) Christian people who were (and are) violent. Most these acts of violence occurred during the Reformation, which was when Christianity was about 1500 years old give or take a century, but even then there were many nonviolent Christians.

Now there are also different kinds of Islam, Shia, Sunni, ect. Like wise there are different kinds of Sunni and Shia. Right now the Islamics are in their violent era. Islam is about 1500 years old give or take a century, but even now there are many nonviolent Muslims.

5. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Absolutely.

Almost all the horrendous murdering terror acts in the last 40 years are due to the acts of those who adhere to one religious faith among a culture with a majority sharing that same faith.

And among almost every war on Earth, barring only a few exceptions, the primary conflict is one between a society of Muslims and various others.... Hindi, Jewish, Cristian, even Buddism. It doesn't matter, because Islam simply refuses to co-exists.

So when we talk of today and with respect to actual conflict and terrorism, it's not like we need be reminded of the time and trials of Christianity, as if in that age they held a monopoly on oppression... even at it's worst, you'd be hard pressed to find a system even remotely more developed than Feudalism compared to despots among tribal conflicts in the rest of humanity.

But only Islam fails to adapt, and only Islam insists upon a monopoly of faith, and if I lived in any Arab state it's a crime to say that I wish it to be completely destroyed, along with the scripture sponsored by the murderious and rapacious tyrant called Mohammad, a despotic ruler of an empire build upon conquest. Now I'd be killed for saying that among Muslim states, which only proves how pathetic the faith is, one which cannnot stand the simple truth in those words, and one dependant upon my death and unquestioning faith rather than open introspection. It's a very weak basis for faith.

6. deaddude

deaddude Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Yes there are muslims, quite a few actualy, who are currently unwilling to coexist. There are just as many who desire only peace and the right to pracite their religion peacefuly. Many tenants of Islam are peaceful.

Look at the five pilliars,

1: observe romadon

2:there is no god but Allah and mohammed is his prophet

3: Pilgrimage to Mecha.

4: Alms to the poor.

5: pray five times a day

Many of these are actions are supported by Christian sects,

1: observe Lent (catholic I realise but very simialar to Romadon)

2: "I am the one true God you will have no other God save me"

3: Pilgrimages to Jerusalem and other holy sites are common

4: The giving of Alms is one of the most important duties to many christians

5: Prayer is a universaly supported activity

I am not argueing against action against the violent factions, I am argueing that the actions of these violent factions do not justify the destruction of all Muslims everywhere.

7. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Difference between Christianity and Islam, christians will denounce those among their faith who give a bad name to the whole. Many of the faithful masses strongly denounced the Priest sex scandal and called for the Vatican to do something.

Where are the masses that are calling on the leaders of islam to do something about these radicals who are hijacking their religion? When do we hear the outcry from these common folks of islam after a terrorist bombing that kills hundreds if not thousands? You don't.

That is your difference between islam and other major religions.

8. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    That also reminds me of another key difference in our society. We can SUE the church. In an Islamic society, who would dare sue the Mullahs, let alone apply the rule of law to them. Al-Sadr can murder others and even wage insurrection, but if he rapes little boys I doubt we'll see any legal compensation from him or any other leader of the religion.

9. 8236

8236 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Isn't that the basis of all religion? It is devine and therefore perfect? Xianity certainly takes this as self-evident.
    If as a Xian I convert to another faith, I commit the ultimate sin - far worse than any sodomy, genocide, rape or pillage - because I have rejected Jesus. That sounds pretty monopolistic to me!

10. 8236

8236 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    ;) Saddam didn't bother sueing the Mullahs, he simply had them shot. Sadr's father being a good example! Damn! If only he hadn't been removed from power, he might still be doing that! ;)