CDZ Islam and Muslims

I do not see a connection between any doctrine of "original
sin"------and the issue of "personal deity". I am not sure
how the term "personal savior" is being used but I am going
to assume that it refers to an INDIVIDUAL connection to the divine---whatever is the divine----whether a trinity or not.
In Christianity everyone is born with the stigma of original sin. Accepting Jesus as your savior removes that sin. ...... :cool:

And (forbidden to you) are married women, except those whom your right hand owns. Such Allah has written for you. Lawful to you beyond all that, is that you can seek using your wealth in marriage and not fornication. So whatever you have enjoyed from them give them their obligated wage. And there is no fault in you in what ever you mutually agree after the obligation. Allah is the Knower, the Wise. (24)
Dani can you give me the origins you use for the word 'wife' and 'woman'.
Quran Chapter An-Nisa(4), VerseNo. (24)
Thank you I will look into the etymology meanings of the word 'wife', 'woman', etc. In the Hebrew and Greek spiritually it is talking about those things your mind is connected to. i.e. business, items, cities, groups, habits, also personal property like cars, phone and so on.

edit for clarification; not that owning personal property is a bad thing but not to love it more than what God created and gave to you. Human life is more precious than the things of the carnally minded flesh that values property over humans where God's spirit resides.

Last edited:
Why have we not seen a split to say American Islam? You have Catholics {American} and Roman Catholics {Europe}.
The vast majority of muslims and mosques in America are Sunni.

There are Shiite mosques in most major cities, but they are generally small.

I have seen a few Shia pray at our mosque before. But it's still kinda rare.

I have never been to a Shia mosque, nor do I ever expect to visit one. ..... :cool:
I lived and worked privately in Pakistan for nine months. I always got along with the Sunni but to be honest the Shia simply were not honest.

oh-----are you sure that the SHIA were really DOING it and the SUNNIS were not? Accusing "the other" is a very prevalent
habit in Islamic societies. When there are no hindus, Christians, Jews or Bahai around to accuse-------the sunni minority coul ----very well----do go the shia route. ----booze
indiscretion is a really IMPORTANT way of demonizing a person. Booze plays a remarkably important role in muslim history
The Shia would not work with the Sunni so we ran two crews.
Never had a problem with the Sunni crew always the Shia crew.

Okay, now about 5% of the Sunni practice Wahhabism which tends to be more radical right?
Wahhabism isn't a radical branch of Islam. It's just a strict fundamental school of Islam. Where the laws and rules of of the religion are adhered to by the members.

Kinda of like in Christianity where the Southern Baptists take the verses of the Bible literally. And the Episcopalians generally just give them lip service. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
to assume that it refers to an INDIVIDUAL connection to the divine---whatever is the divine----whether a trinity or not.
In Christianity everyone is born with the stigma of original sin. Accepting Jesus as your savior removes that sin. ...... :cool:
A lot of them get hung on that don't they. The savior is the heavenly host. It is that portion of the spirit within that helps a person overcome the sinful nature humans tend to get trapped in.

A lot of them get hung on that don't they. The savior is the heavenly host. It is that portion of the spirit within that helps a person overcome the sinful nature humans tend to get trapped in.

It seems to me that the "accepting" of this or that to wipe out sin---is a COMMONALITY between Islam and Christianity. In past time in Christianity----a person who was not a believer in "jesus" could not enter PARADISE (see Dante) In present time ----a person who does not accept the concept of Muhummad as the most important "prophet" ---cannot get into
Jannah------AND a big service to "allah"----like a suicide
mission in "defense of islam"-----constitutes INSTANT and COMPLETE---"salvation"

There is a lot of animosity between the Sunni and the Shia.

Sunni's refer to them as the "rafidi's" (rebels,rejectors) in arabic.

Iran is the only Shiite country. Although some Sunni's live in parts of Iran, they are a very persecuted minority. ...... :cool:

Iran is the only Shiite country. Although some Sunni's live in parts of Iran, they are a very persecuted minority. ...... :cool:
Pakistan in the late 70s was a mix. But the Shia given the chance would treat the Sunni like a dog. More then once did I see a shoe/sandal fly through the air and hit a Sunni.

Do the women have to wear burkas everywhere?

I'm actually curious about modesty. I consider myself to be a modest dresser: skirts/dresses below the knee (occasionally at the knee), no cleavage, nothing too tight, etc. By Western standards, that's modest and age appropriate (47). I live in a very hot, humid climate, though, so I will go sleeveless and with open toed shoes/sandals with painted toenails. I've never covered my hair. It is generally pulled back in a ponytail.

Where would I fall on the modesty scale for a Muslim in the West, not necessarily culturally, but religiously? I've seen Muslim women in westernish clothes with a pretty scarf mostly covering their hair, but I don't know if they were religious or not.

Honestly, something on my head in this sweltering heat would be brutal (1st world problems, right?). I dont know if i could do it. I rarely let my own hair fall around my neck, much less an additional layer. I would have to shave my head. If one's head is shaved, does it need to be covered?
In general, a muslim woman must cover her legs, chest and arms. Although, some do not cover their hair in public, (which they should).

All women entering the mosque must cover their hair. ....... :cool:

Is there anywhere in the Koran that suggest to follow these laws/rules about maiming the physical body of an offender spiritually verses applying them carnally? Also is there anything in there that says this is for personal beliefs (i.e. Jesus a personal savior not to be forced on another)?
Not quite sure what you are asking?

But muslims do not believe in "original sin".....so we have no need for a personal savior. ..... :cool:

I'm actually curious about modesty. I consider myself to be a modest dresser: skirts/dresses below the knee (occasionally at the knee), no cleavage, nothing too tight, etc. By Western standards, that's modest and age appropriate (47). I live in a very hot, humid climate, though, so I will go sleeveless and with open toed shoes/sandals with painted toenails. I've never covered my hair. It is generally pulled back in a ponytail.

Where would I fall on the modesty scale for a Muslim in the West, not necessarily culturally, but religiously? I've seen Muslim women in westernish clothes with a pretty scarf mostly covering their hair, but I don't know if they were religious or not.

Honestly, something on my head in this sweltering heat would be brutal (1st world problems, right?). I dont know if i could do it. I rarely let my own hair fall around my neck, much less an additional layer. I would have to shave my head. If one's head is shaved, does it need to be covered?
In general, a muslim woman must cover her legs, chest and arms. Although, some do not cover their hair in public, (which they should).

All women entering the mosque must cover their hair. ....... :cool:

Well, I think I'd have to be homebound and not see males who aren't my husband or brother. I really do get cranky when hot. It is not pleasant.

Do the women have to wear burkas everywhere?
No.

Is there a way to know who is Sunni and who is Shiite by just appearances?

edit; I asked because if Sunni's are discriminated against in Iran how do you know who is which?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back