CDZ ISIS Strategy and Perspective in Their War on the Godless Heathen (That Would be Us)

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
When the Christian West came to dominate the Muslim world, the Umma, about a century ago, they saw it largely as a judgement by Allah against them, and that their weakness was due to their sin and failure to remain loyal to Allah and have full faith in Islam. The Western nations had the best technology, the best methods of governance, the West had the best trained and disciplined military and the best science with an accompanying philosophy that seemed to sweep away all need for mysticism and submission to Allah.

Then the West began to change in the Twentieth Century. First there was this cataclysmic First World War that the European nations fought against each other, a bitter murderous war whose ghastly violence and dreadful range of engagement was justified by the sole ends of victory and totally destroying the other. It concluded with the complete anihilaion of ancient empires and nations that had reigned for nearly a thousand years, in some cases more, at the hands of nations that had been allies only a few decades before. The Ummah's wonderment with the Christian European Empires was soon at an end.

Muslim nations felt morally superior to such mindlessly destructive regimes, and many of their intellectuals began to dream of a day when the West would be driven out of the Hejaz and the Middle East to conquer and manipulate them into servitude no more. They began to play one Empire against the other and rebelled first one place then another untill the European Empires were competing to see who could best meet the needs and demands of these Arabian sheiks and their minions. The Saudis were given the Arabian Peninsula with its Wahabiism. The Turks were driven out and the Persians hemmed into their own small corner, and the Arabian mind could run free and dream of a new Caliphate.

The post World War 2 era saw the Saudis recruited to lead the oil producing nations to demand payment for their oil in US dollars, which created a huge demand for our currency. In return, we keep the peace in the Middle East and defend the Saudis the best we can while trying to keep our ally Israel alive. But Israel is a religious theocracy that gives precedence to the Jewish religion over Muslim and Christian and everyone else, and this is a moral outrage in the Muslim mind, where no Muslim majority should ever be ruled by heathen people.

Today ISIS is only the latest heir of that Pan Arabian Muslim vision of a reestablished Caliphate. They have rivals that they compete with and sometimes war with like al Queda, but they all agree that the first priority is the ejection of the Western nations from the Middle East. While they have a long term view of their war that will in their minds last for decades if not centuries with the promise of martyrdom and Paradise, they view the West as too soft and indulgent to continue this war into multiple generations. They recognize that some of us are willing to fight for an indefinite length of time, but this is a minority of our population and by relying on a volunteer force, we are culling such brave souls from our own people. By attacking our morale, our financial and material resources, including people willing to fight, and intimidating our friends into desperate passivity and inertia, they think that they can make us all quit the fight and let them accomplish their goals unhindered. After they establish their Caliphate, they will be able to singly demand the dissolution of our western countries, defeat singly those who fight back, and impose a submission on Western nations that will amount to vassalage until the Muslims reach a majority and can then assert their control.

ISIS has conceived of the world as falling into three zones; One) the Hejaz and Middle East, Two) the Near Heathen of the Eastern hemisphere, and Three) the Distant Heathen of the Western hemisphere. They are currently striving to drive out all Western influence and military power in the First zone. At this stage they are forcing Muslim leaders to choose sides and establishing a logistical base for their foreign terror campaigns. They will fight a war of attrition on the ground, allowing territory to be taken and then recaptured through a wave of suicide attacks and raiding units that move very quickly through the desert at night. They then recruit the civilian population into militia that they use as canon fodder to fight a Fortress defense around the town itself in order to bleed their opponents of their resources and morale. They will then retake the city in their next operational season along with one or two other towns as well. Western air strikes against these suicide attack columns of trucks and other vehicles is critical to defeat ISIS from retaking lost territory.

While this ground warfare goes on in the Middle East, they try to demoralize the Western nations by conducting terror campaigns that compel the target nation to be less willing to put forces in the ME on full operational mode. If they don't pull them out entirely, ISIS wants them to be passive and not assist in counter attacks or offensive operations. The attacks on Spain in 2004 is an excellent example of this tactic and its success. By the relentless grind of Western funding, material and the suffering of parents who find unbearable the loss of their few children's lives, the Islamic Jihadists seek to make Western nations very reluctant to interfere in Muslim affairs or to take even defensive actions such as defensive alliances and honoring treaty commitments.

The organization of ISIS is centered around Salafi Jihadist Clergy who perform the logistical support functions in the heathen nations and use their mosques as safe harbors to bring down the nations that have given them shelter. This clergy is ISIS overseas, in essence. To destroy ISIS in the Levant area would be insufficient though still necessary to combat them as their presence and sympathy within the Salafist clergy would maintain a jihadist network if not ISIS itself.

To truly defeat ISIS, it must be exterminated in mind and heart as well as geographically and physically by waging social, economic and political warfare against the notion of a jihadist Salafi movement as well as its militant branches it may manifest anywhere in the world.

Did you write that? If so, I am impressed.

The cognitive dissonance created by the fact that it is their very supremacist ideology that is the reason they are not supreme is just too much to handle.

You did not mention they believe they must conquer and convert the world, not just the middle east. Thus our non -involvement in the middle east only brings them one step closer...

Sorry, you did I just skimmed it the first time and missed it.

Last edited:
Since ISIS is getting their butts kicked in Iraq finally, they are just lashing out with these pinpricks of terrorism all across the world -- Bangladesh -- Turkey -- France -- Belgium.

You can tell how desperate they are getting by the increasing number of incidents that are happening.

Their pinpricks are meaningless however and just sell newspapers. That's all.

They are dummies for the news media.

You did not mention they believe they must conquer and convert the world, not just the middle east.

Much as we think we should convert the world to jesus and capitalism.

You did not mention they believe they must conquer and convert the world, not just the middle east.

True, and unless we insist on conversion or we kill you, as the Jihadists do, Jesus and capitalism are the best alternatives for the world.

Since ISIS is getting their butts kicked in Iraq finally, they are just lashing out with these pinpricks of terrorism all across the world -- Bangladesh -- Turkey -- France -- Belgium.

You can tell how desperate they are getting by the increasing number of incidents that are happening.

Their pinpricks are meaningless however and just sell newspapers. That's all.

They are dummies for the news media.
Classifying the slaughter of 50+ dead and hundreds of wounded as a 'pin prick' is crass and dehumanizing toward the victims.

Why dont you just say a few eggs had to be broken for the omlette?

Not at all the same. Muhammad has no problem with violent Jihad.

Well, the Jihadists want everyone to think that, but Mohamed told his followers to respect the 'people of the Book' meaning Jews and Christians.

At an earlier time of his movement he advocated killing his enemies without mercy, a desperate measure that brought him victory, but afterwards he spoke of living in peace with Jews and Christians.

The Salafi Jihadists have changed the dating of these Quran verses to have the tolerance come before the call to slaughter, leaving the latter in effect with the peaceful tolerance amended. When people like yourself spread this erroneous belief that Mohamed advocated the slaughter of Christians till the end of his life, you are helping the Salafis and Jihadists, not America, not victory for us and not the simple Truth.

The cognitive dissonance created by the fact that it is their very supremacist ideology that is the reason they are not supreme is just too much to handle.

No way Bowie wrote that OP. I don't believe it...not for a second. It is an interesting piece though. It explains the fervor in which ISIS or ISIL is motivated. If it were true thruout the Muslim community the thought that Trump was ranting about early on in his campaign might hold water that we had better take a much harder look at allowing Muslims into our borders and consider taking a much harder look at how to deal with ISIS/ISIL in the mid East.

No way Bowie wrote that OP. I don't believe it...not for a second. It is an interesting piece though. It explains the fervor in which ISIS or ISIL is motivated. If it were true thruout the Muslim community the thought that Trump was ranting about early on in his campaign might hold water that we had better take a much harder look at allowing Muslims into our borders and consider taking a much harder look at how to deal with ISIS/ISIL in the mid East.

Lol, you cant believe I wrote it just like you cant believe in a Creator; because you dont like the conclusion, you reject the facts presented.

Lol, you cant believe I wrote it just like you cant believe in a Creator; because you dont like the conclusion, you reject the facts presented.

Nonsense. I found the piece you clearly plagiarized fascinating and informative. I don't reject the conclusion. I just don't believe that the majority of Muslims are obligated to follow that road map as it were to rid the planet of "heathens". As for how ISIS/ISIL is motivated the piece makes perfect sense and I cannot disagree with it.

As for how I have concluded there is no creator...that goes the same for all religions mono-theistic and those that believe in many gods. It's all hocus pocus.

Nonsense. I found the piece you clearly plagiarized fascinating and informative. I don't reject the conclusion. I just don't believe that the majority of Muslims are obligated to follow that road map as it were to rid the planet of "heathens". As for how ISIS/ISIL is motivated the piece makes perfect sense and I cannot disagree with it.

As for how I have concluded there is no creator...that goes the same for all religions mono-theistic and those that believe in many gods. It's all hocus pocus.
You reject things that you cannot grasp and therefore deny it can be real with both, my authoring this OP and the existence of the Creator.

You cannot fathom a thing, so it cannot be real in your mind.

There is a word for that the rules of this forum prevent me from using.

You reject things that you cannot grasp and therefore deny it can be real with both, my authoring this OP and the existence of the Creator.

You cannot fathom a thing, so it cannot be real in your mind.

There is a word for that the rules of this forum prevent me from using.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that someone could read all of the books, bibles and scriptures available to the average person and conclude that they are not true? Not then..and not now. I understood the OT and the NT perfectly. Naturally I had to contend with the English translations of the originals but knowing that I certainly did my best to envision every word and phrase. I read the Kabblah and the Hebrew book of numbers as well. I believe I gave those books a good run for their money and found them all wanting for truthfulness. When the rubber met the road they ALL required "faith" as the primary element to belief. THAT I was and still am not prepared to offer to anoint fiction as truth.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that someone could read all of the books, bibles and scriptures available to the average person and conclude that they are not true?
You havent read them though, have you? IF you have then how do you walk away without any comprehension of them?

That is all I am going to say on that topic in this thread.

Well, the Jihadists want everyone to think that, but Mohamed told his followers to respect the 'people of the Book' meaning Jews and Christians.

At an earlier time of his movement he advocated killing his enemies without mercy, a desperate measure that brought him victory, but afterwards he spoke of living in peace with Jews and Christians.

The Salafi Jihadists have changed the dating of these Quran verses to have the tolerance come before the call to slaughter, leaving the latter in effect with the peaceful tolerance amended. When people like yourself spread this erroneous belief that Mohamed advocated the slaughter of Christians till the end of his life, you are helping the Salafis and Jihadists, not America, not victory for us and not the simple Truth.
I'm not sure where you get this changing of dates by the salafists. Every source I've ever read sees it exactly opposite. Before he gained military power was when he said "respect the peoples of the book". After gaining military strength came the forced conversions and slaughter.

I'm not sure where you get this changing of dates by the salafists. Every source I've ever read sees it exactly opposite. Before he gained military power was when he said "respect the peoples of the book". After gaining military strength came the forced conversions and slaughter.

From the known history of Muhammad.
Muhammad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Around 613, Muhammad began to preach to the public (Quran 26:214).[12][78] Most Meccans ignored him and mocked him,[76] though a few became his followers. There were three main groups of early converts to Islam: younger brothers and sons of great merchants; people who had fallen out of the first rank in their tribe or failed to attain it; and the weak, mostly unprotected foreigners.[79]

According to Ibn Saad, opposition in Mecca started when Muhammad delivered verses that condemned idol worship and the polytheism practiced by the Meccan forefathers.[76][80] However, the Quranic exegesis maintains that it began as Muhammad started public preaching.[81] As his followers increased, Muhammad became a threat to the local tribes and rulers of the city, whose wealth rested upon the Ka'aba, the focal point of Meccan religious life that Muhammad threatened to overthrow. Muhammad's denunciation of the Meccan traditional religion was especially offensive to his own tribe, the Quraysh, as they were the guardians of the Ka'aba.[79] Powerful merchants attempted to convince Muhammad to abandon his preaching; he was offered admission to the inner circle of merchants, as well as an advantageous marriage. He refused both of these offers.[79]

Tradition records at great length the persecution and ill-treatment towards Muhammad and his followers.[15][76] Sumayyah bint Khabbab, a slave of a prominent Meccan leader Abu Jahl, is famous as the first martyr of Islam; killed with a spear by her master when she refused to give up her faith. Bilal, another Muslim slave, was tortured by Umayyah ibn Khalaf who placed a heavy rock on his chest to force his conversion.[82][83]...

The Hijra is the migration of Muhammad and his followers from Mecca to Medina in 622 CE. In June 622, warned of a plot to assassinate him, Muhammad secretly slipped out of Mecca and moved his followers to Medina,[96][99] 450 kilometres (280 miles) north of Mecca.[100]...

A delegation, consisting of the representatives of the twelve important clans of Medina, invited Muhammad to serve as chief arbitrator for the entire community; due to his status as a neutral outsider.[101][102] There was fighting in Yathrib: primarily the dispute involved its Arab and Jewish inhabitants, and was estimated to have lasted for around a hundred years before 620.[101] The recurring slaughters and disagreements over the resulting claims, especially after the Battle of Bu'ath in which all clans were involved, made it obvious to them that the tribal concept of blood-feud and an eye for an eye were no longer workable unless there was one man with authority to adjudicate in disputed cases.[101] The delegation from Medina pledged themselves and their fellow-citizens to accept Muhammad into their community and physically protect him as one of themselves.[15]

Muhammad instructed his followers to emigrate to Medina, until nearly all his followers left Mecca. Being alarmed at the departure, according to tradition, the Meccans plotted to assassinate Muhammad. With the help of Ali, Muhammad fooled the Meccans watching him, and secretly slipped away from the town with Abu Bakr.[96][103] By 622, Muhammad emigrated to Medina, a large agricultural oasis....

Among the first things Muhammad did to ease the longstanding grievances among the tribes of Medina was to draft a document known as the Constitution of Medina, "establishing a kind of alliance or federation" among the eight Medinan tribes and Muslim emigrants from Mecca; this specified rights and duties of all citizens, and the relationship of the different communities in Medina (including the Muslim community to other communities, specifically the Jews and other "Peoples of the Book").[101][102] The community defined in the Constitution of Medina, Ummah, had a religious outlook, also shaped by practical considerations and substantially preserved the legal forms of the old Arab tribes.[15]

Several ordinances were proclaimed to win over the numerous and wealthy Jewish population. These were soon rescinded as the Jews insisted on preserving the entire Mosaic law, and did not recognize him as a prophet because he was not of the race of David.[96]

The first group of converts to Islam in Medina were the clans without great leaders; these clans had been subjugated by hostile leaders from outside.[104] This was followed by the general acceptance of Islam by the pagan population of Medina, with some exceptions. According to Ibn Ishaq, this was influenced by the conversion of Sa'd ibn Mu'adh (a prominent Medinan leader) to Islam.[105] Medinans who converted to Islam and helped the Muslim emigrants find shelter became known as the ansar (supporters).[15] Then Muhammad instituted brotherhood between the emigrants and the supporters and he chose Ali as his own brother....

Following the emigration, the people of Mecca seized property of Muslim emigrants to Medina.[107] Armed conflict would later break out between the Meccan pagans and the Muslims. Muhammad delivered Quranic verses permitting Muslims to fight the Meccans ...

In March 624, Muhammad led some three hundred warriors in a raid on a Meccan merchant caravan. The Muslims set an ambush for the caravan at Badr.[110] Aware of the plan, the Meccan caravan eluded the Muslims.[111] A Meccan force was sent to protect the caravan, and went on to confront the Muslims upon receiving word that the caravan was safe. The Battle of Badr commenced.[112] Though outnumbered more than three to one, the Muslims won the battle, killing at least forty-five Meccans with fourteen Muslims dead. They also succeeded in killing many Meccan leaders, including Abu Jahl.[113] Seventy prisoners had been acquired, many of whom were ransomed in return for wealth or freed.[111][114][115][116] Muhammad and his followers saw the victory as confirmation of their faith[15] and Muhammad ascribed the victory as assisted from an invisible host of angels.[117] The Quranic verses of this period, unlike the Meccan verses, dealt with practical problems of government and issues like the distribution of spoils.[118][119]

The victory strengthened Muhammad's position in Medina and dispelled earlier doubts among his followers.[120] As a result, the opposition to him became less vocal. Pagans who had not yet converted were very bitter about the advance of Islam. Two pagans, Asma bint Marwan of the Aws Manat tribe and Abu 'Afak of the 'Amr b. 'Awf tribe, had composed verses taunting and insulting the Muslims.[121] They were killed by people belonging to their own or related clans, and Muhammad did not disapprove of the killings....

So the summary of which is that it was early on that Muhammad had the closest brush with annihilation and the enemies in Meccah provoked his most virulent rage. Many of these early enemies were Jews and Christian merchants wanting to prevent disruption to the trade business that kept everyone in cash in the local area.

Jewish religious leaders of the time typically referred to Muhhamad as a prophet sent to the Ishmaelites and there is nothing like the enmity between them back then that they have now. For centuries the Jewish community in Istanbul aided the Ottoman Sultan against Christian Europe as they considered Islam more tolerant and beneficial than Christianity.

Neither do we, we just have the luxury of leveraging corporate state power and nation/state militaries. Then we make that leap into fiction which basically suggests that if we use the miltary and if we wear uniforms, it isn't really violence afterall.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that someone could read all of the books, bibles and scriptures available to the average person and conclude that they are not true?
You havent read them though, have you? IF you have then how do you walk away without any comprehension of them?

That is all I am going to say on that topic in this thread.

Found your op very informative and then very impressed that it was your writing.That all went out the window with your insistence on belief in god. I could rehash history with all the wars and killings on behalf of one's choice of the religions representing their gods. But as science has advanced to the conclusion that life can begin and evolve from a single cell organism,don't ask me to have FAITH but just prove to me that your god or any god exists.

Forum List

Back