ISIS slaughters 300 (more) Yizidis and media doesn't require Obama to comment

ISIS slaughters hundreds more Yazidis officials say - CNN.com

No requirement of a comment from Obama; not even a mention that they tried to reach him for comment. They have fully taken up his agenda of indifference towards the slaughter of innocents.
What would you do?

At a minimum, I would condemn those acts within 24 hours of them occurring. This has always been an expectation of presidents in the past. It simply went without saying. And here you have the media not even bothering to ask Obama for comment? There seems to be an unspoken understanding that Obama is not beholden to that minimum standard. Now, to be fair, I finally did find a YT clip in which Obama does concede that Yazidis are being savagely killed by ISIS (he actually use the word barbarians). So, I'm not saying he's being totally mum on the general issue. But any time 300 people are butchered in a day, that needs to be on the presidential radar. It needs to be a geo-political discussion topic at a minimum. Turning a blind eye is unacceptable.

What would you do?
And he should wear a USA lapel pin and end every speech with a god bless america. You are making an issue over nothing. Something big happened today and Obama didn't say something. Wow! Breaking news. Meanwhile you didn't think he was doing anything about Osama until they announced we took him out.

Youre just petty.

What would I do? I would have never invaded iraq.

They don't worship a devil from their p.o.v. They worship the devil according to Muslims. And certainly they don't do Satanic acts based on religion like Muslims do. You know it's bull shit to call the Yazidis devil worshippers and you still do it. I'm sorry but if you can't reach a certain bar of intellectual integrity then you're not worth my time.

By that logic, Satanists aren't Devil Worshipers. They just worship the forces of nature and love the sex.

I mean, right? I mean everyone thinks the other guys belief in Sky Pixies is "of the devil", but you all need to get over it.

Don't try to talk your way around it. A devil worshipper is someone who comes out and admits to worship or follow the devil or otherwise performs evil acts worthy of the devil. You know damn well that the Yizidis don't hit either benchmark.

No requirement of a comment from Obama; not even a mention that they tried to reach him for comment. They have fully taken up his agenda of indifference towards the slaughter of innocents.
What would you do?

At a minimum, I would condemn those acts within 24 hours of them occurring. This has always been an expectation of presidents in the past. It simply went without saying. And here you have the media not even bothering to ask Obama for comment? There seems to be an unspoken understanding that Obama is not beholden to that minimum standard. Now, to be fair, I finally did find a YT clip in which Obama does concede that Yazidis are being savagely killed by ISIS (he actually use the word barbarians). So, I'm not saying he's being totally mum on the general issue. But any time 300 people are butchered in a day, that needs to be on the presidential radar. It needs to be a geo-political discussion topic at a minimum. Turning a blind eye is unacceptable.

What would you do?
And he should wear a USA lapel pin and end every speech with a god bless america. You are making an issue over nothing. Something big happened today and Obama didn't say something. Wow! Breaking news. Meanwhile you didn't think he was doing anything about Osama until they announced we took him out.

Youre just petty.

Expecting a discussion or even just a comment (not even action) on 300 hundred women and children butchered is being petty? Do you listen to yourself, cos the rest of us have to.

You're giving me left vs right BS in the second place. Yea, you wouldn't have invaded Iraq. SFW. What's done is done. That has no relevance on the matter.

What would you do?

What would you do?

Youre just petty.

Expecting a discussion or even just a comment (not even action) on 300 hundred women and children butchered is being petty? Do you listen to yourself, cos the rest of us have to.

You're giving me left vs right BS in the second place. Yea, you wouldn't have invaded Iraq. SFW. What's done is done. That has no relevance on the matter.
Relax he can't run again. I have a feeling this is more about hillary.

And you guys keep crying about foreign policy because Obamas economic policies rock. Dont forget invading iraq was your sides policies. What's done is done? Wow! And I guess what will be done will be done huh? Like invading Iran if a republican becomes president? Dont you learn from your mistakes?

If a republican were president and he had Obamas numbers you'd be putting his bust on mt.rushmore

What would you do?

What would you do?

Youre just petty.

And you guys keep crying about foreign policy because Obamas economic policies rock. Dont forget invading iraq was your sides policies. What's done is done? Wow! And I guess what will be done will be done huh? Like invading Iran if a republican becomes president? Dont you learn from your mistakes?

If a republican were president and he had Obamas numbers you'd be putting his bust on mt.rushmore

Yea, supplying funds and guns to the Islamists in Syria; not arming the Kurds against ISIS, trying to prop up the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, leaving a cespool in Lybia all 'rocks.'

Dude, I don't have a 'side.' I think the left vs right crap is what the establishment wants to keep us polarized on any and every issue. It's funny cos I've seen both sides take their stances based on their side and totally flip flop when the roles are reversed. Americans are so conditioned that the establishment surely laughs at us.

Okay, what happens if we invade Iran? It'll be a mixed bag. Will it be worth it from an American perspective? If there's any truth to them getting nukes, you bet your ass. If you want to trust civilization to those nutballs, then go ahead. But what will our news headlines be? American dead body counts. Come on, who goes to war and doesnt expect fatalities? I'll admit that I thought going to war in Iraq was good to free ourselves of a menace and to liberate millions. If I knew that the war would be so politicized, then maybe I'd have a different p.o.v. If I knew that perhaps the govt./media was lying about a lot of stuff, perhaps I'd have a different p.o.v. But like you say, what's done is done. But this has taught me that America is too shallow for these cosmetic wars. We'd best believe there's a nuke coming if we invade Iran. And if we do, then instead of whining about a a few trillion down the pike and a thousand dead soldiers (God bless them), maybe we should honor their sacrifice by not politicizing the hell out of things and be happy if millions gain freedom. Do you know how shitty it is to live in Iran? Everyone is afraid to say anything bad about Islam/govt. If you think Christianity is this and that; it's got nothing on the oppression of Islam. There's a reason that all Islamic countries are pieces of crap.

What would you do?

What would you do?

Youre just petty.

Yea, supplying funds and guns to the Islamists in Syria; not arming the Kurds against ISIS, trying to prop up the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, leaving a cespool in Lybia all 'rocks.'

Dude, I don't have a 'side.' I think the left vs right crap is what the establishment wants to keep us polarized on any and every issue. It's funny cos I've seen both sides take their stances based on their side and totally flip flop when the roles are reversed. Americans are so conditioned that the establishment surely laughs at us.

Okay, what happens if we invade Iran? It'll be a mixed bag. Will it be worth it from an American perspective? If there's any truth to them getting nukes, you bet your ass. If you want to trust civilization to those nutballs, then go ahead. But what will our news headlines be? American dead body counts. Come on, who goes to war and doesnt expect fatalities? I'll admit that I thought going to war in Iraq was good to free ourselves of a menace and to liberate millions. If I knew that the war would be so politicized, then maybe I'd have a different p.o.v. If I knew that perhaps the govt./media was lying about a lot of stuff, perhaps I'd have a different p.o.v. But like you say, what's done is done. But this has taught me that America is too shallow for these cosmetic wars. We'd best believe there's a nuke coming if we invade Iran. And if we do, then instead of whining about a a few trillion down the pike and a thousand dead soldiers (God bless them), maybe we should honor their sacrifice by not politicizing the hell out of things and be happy if millions gain freedom. Do you know how shitty it is to live in Iran? Everyone is afraid to say anything bad about Islam/govt. If you think Christianity is this and that; it's got nothing on the oppression of Islam. There's a reason that all Islamic countries are pieces of crap.
My boss said they remind him of back 500 years ago when protestants and catholics or English irish were killing each other.

Ever see Lawrence of Arabia?

What would you do?

Youre just petty.

My boss said they remind him of back 500 years ago when protestants and catholics or English irish were killing each other.

I know L.o.A. is a 'classic' but I think I've only caught parts.

Yes, the middle east battles are a lot like the barbarianism of the Saxons vs. Irish only worse because Islam is a cancer that doesn't just go away by itself (unless a country does an inquisition). At least in time, without a pervasive dogma of Islam, the Brits and Irish have experienced a level of healing and experience a level of freedom. Nobody is free in an Islamic country.

Don't try to talk your way around it. A devil worshipper is someone who comes out and admits to worship or follow the devil or otherwise performs evil acts worthy of the devil. You know damn well that the Yizidis don't hit either benchmark.

Except most Satanists don't hit that standard. So you already are eliminating just about anyone you'd actually use to describe it.

Except most Satanists don't hit that standard. So you already are eliminating just about anyone you'd actually use to describe it.

Well fiddly dee, most people aren't Satanists / Devil worshippers. You know who was? Charles Manson, etc. You say youre shit to put the Yazidis on par with guys like him. So, stop making shit up so we can avoid arguments on trite topics. If you have to resort to lies to make your arguments, then you've already lost anyhow.

Are you f'ing kidding me, dude? How often exactly do you think that 300 innocent people are slaughtered? Presidents have always commented / condemned such atrocities. You're an f'ing nut ball.

Have they? Frankly, 100,000 to a Million Iraqis were slaughtered on Bush's watch right under his nose. The guy didn't say sh it about it.

But they (govenment) can condemn it strongly, at least. Ive never seen anyone from the Administration show any sort of passion in condemnation of genocide.

What utter bullshit:

President Obama Makes a Statement on the Crisis in Iraq The White House

When Obama talks about Iraq his use of the word genocide is vital - The Washington Post

That was last August. Afterward, the president asked for a new AUF to deal with ISIS, and the Republicans still haven't voted on it.

I think Obama replied what he was required to do. No, it would be nice to get some strong rhetoric against ISIS on a regular basis coming out of
the administration, other than Christians should get of their high horse. They went after Kadaffi pretty hard, until he was toppled, i just notice the difference in
intensity is all. If you think its fine, than thats your opinion, I got mine.

(Quote by Obama on protecting the Lybian people. They were none of out business either. )
"In that effort, the United States will be a friend and a partner. We will join with allies and partners to continue the work of safeguarding the people of Libya. As remaining regime elements menace parts of the country, I’ve directed my team to be in close contact with NATO as well as the United Nations to determine other steps that we can take..."

What would you do?

Youre just petty.

The difference between Christianity and Islam is that, the closer you get to the true teachings of Jesus, the more peaceful the religion gets. The closer you get to the true teachings of Muhammed, the more violent and represive the religion gets.

Slave holders and Racists who use and /used Bible scripture to back up their actions as well as Catholics who ran the Inquisition and Crusades that sacked cities for wealth can hardly be considered to be following Jesus's teachings. You can look up what those are yourself. I dont need to tell you.

Muslims who take slaves , cut off hands and heads , take little girls to be their wives are actually following the teachings of Muhammad very closely. Fortunantly
most Muslims in the world are very bad muslims (moderate) and just want to live a peaceful life like evryone else. But if a comparison between the two religions is to be made, thats the way I see it .

[

Well fiddly dee, most people aren't Satanists / Devil worshippers. You know who was? Charles Manson, etc. You say youre shit to put the Yazidis on par with guys like him. So, stop making shit up so we can avoid arguments on trite topics. If you have to resort to lies to make your arguments, then you've already lost anyhow.

Chucky Manson's beliefs were from the Book of Revelations and the White Album. So nothing to do with Satan there, dude.

Point is, getting into a fight over whether Iblis is the Devil or a Peacock Angel IS fucking silly. And not our problem.

[

The difference between Christianity and Islam is that, the closer you get to the true teachings of Jesus, the more peaceful the religion gets. The closer you get to the true teachings of Muhammed, the more violent and represive the religion gets.

Slave holders and Racists who use and /used Bible scripture to back up their actions as well as Catholics who ran the Inquisition and Crusades that sacked cities for wealth can hardly be considered to be following Jesus's teachings. You can look up what those are yourself. I dont need to tell you.

Muslims who take slaves , cut off hands and heads , take little girls to be their wives are actually following the teachings of Muhammad very closely. Fortunantly
most Muslims in the world are very bad muslims (moderate) and just want to live a peaceful life like evryone else. But if a comparison between the two religions is to be made, thats the way I see it .

Uh, guy, can you point out to me in the bible where Jesus said slavery was bad?

Thanks.

Not where Moses laid down the law for slavery and St. Paul told slaves to suck it up.

[

Uh, guy, can you point out to me in the bible where Jesus said slavery was bad?

Thanks.

Not where Moses laid down the law for slavery and St. Paul told slaves to suck it up.

Christianity was the beginning of the end of slavery in the world, well, yes I guess you think it would be so easy for early christians to stage slave revolts as they were already being fed to lions and such. Well, no i disagree with you. True christianity is the opposite of oppression, I believe the part about Jesus saying, the kingdom of God is within you? it was the beginning of the idea that people were free and didnt belong to earthly masters, but to God. I know that Jesuss teachings
often were about people being equal in the eyes of 'God'

Moses? that was pre- Christ obviously, so i dont see the point.

Why Is the New Testament Silent on Slavery or Is It

Youre just petty.

That's a great point. The koran is a vile book whereas the Bible is pretty uplifting. People doing the most attrocious things in the name of Allah are living the religion more fully than anyone.

Christianity was the beginning of the end of slavery in the world, well, yes I guess you think it would be so easy for early christians to stage slave revolts as they were already being fed to lions and such.

Horseshit. Christianity had no interest in ending slavery. Oh, also, Christians being fed to lions- complete bullshit, never happened. Not recorded by one non-Christian historian. (And, no, the shit that later Christian writers shoe-horned into Tacitus doesn't count.

True christianity is the opposite of oppression, I believe the part about Jesus saying, the kingdom of God is within you? it was the beginning of the idea that people were free and didnt belong to earthly masters, but to God. I know that Jesuss teachings

True Christianity isa bunch of rules you don't follow unless you're wanting to hate on gay folks or something.

Christianity was the beginning of the end of slavery in the world, well, yes I guess you think it would be so easy for early christians to stage slave revolts as they were already being fed to lions and such.

Horseshit. Christianity had no interest in ending slavery. Oh, also, Christians being fed to lions- complete bullshit, never happened. Not recorded by one non-Christian historian. (And, no, the shit that later Christian writers shoe-horned into Tacitus doesn't count.

True christianity is the opposite of oppression, I believe the part about Jesus saying, the kingdom of God is within you? it was the beginning of the idea that people were free and didnt belong to earthly masters, but to God. I know that Jesuss teachings

True Christianity isa bunch of rules you don't follow unless you're wanting to hate on gay folks or something.

I havnt been to church in years, but growing up, i did happen too, i cant remember preachers talking about gays if they did, i dont think it was much of an issue back then, or maybe i didnt go to the church you've been too. guess All I know, -ANTI gay- was never the impression of god i was taught. it was something else completely.

I havnt been to church in years, but growing up, i did happen too, i cant remember preachers talking about gays if they did, i dont think it was much of an issue back then, or maybe i didnt go to the church you've been too. guess All I know, -ANTI gay- was never the impression of god i was taught. it was something else completely.

I grew up Catholics, and frankly, we had the Clergy nailing the anti-gay marriage all the time, which was hilarious because we knew half the priests were fags you never wanted to be alone in a room with.

That's a great point. The koran is a vile book whereas the Bible is pretty uplifting.

Yes, let's enjoy some of those uplifting bible verses.

• She lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. Ezekiel 23:20 NIV

• Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 2 Kings 2:23-25 NIV

• Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves. Numbers 31:17-18
And of course, my personal favorite...

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. -- Psalm 137:9

Forum List

Back