ISIS Prepares for a Full-Scale Siege of Deir Ezzor: Reinforcements and Heavy Weaponry Arrive

What this country needs are some ISIS beheadings...

Get help, dude.

More American ISIS beheadings please. Less RWer crybaby bullshit.

Get help immediately.

I'd put my money on the young ISIS fighters over you ignorant blowviating RWers any day and twice on Sundays. They would kick your dumb hick asses up and down the Appellations and leave a trail of heads behind them. No great loss. There was nothing of special value in those skulls anyway.

Once the stench of stupidity and dishonesty had been beaten back a scosh we could send in the Marines to eradicate the cure for your disease which as we know is the "lying out your ass syndrome".

As for your heads...let em roll.
Your head is still mounted, emitting intangibly sick bullshit?

Sicker than an American drone blowing 20 or so innocents into red mist to kill one person?

Large Trucks Filled With Aid Enter Deir Ezzor: Disengagement Agreement Allows for Civilian Relief

"The Syrian Armed Forces and the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) entered a brief disengagement deal that allowed for trucks filled with humanitarian aid from the Syrian Red Crescent to enter the besieged provincial capital of the Deir Ezzor Governorate.

According to a military source from the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Artillery Brigade of the 17th Reserve Division, the deal was brokered by local tribesmen that mediated between the two opposing parties to allow for medical supplies, food, water, and other humanitarian resources to enter the besieged city from the Damascus-Deir Ezzor International Highway.

The provincial capital of Deir Ezzor has been besieged by ISIS for over seven months, leaving the civilians living inside this densely populated city without access to electricity, running water, and medicinal supplies amid the constant the exchange of gunfire and mortar shells exchanged between the Syrian Armed Forces and the terrorist group.

This brief disengagement is the first day in over three years that Deir Ezzor City has experienced a day without constant violence and the sound of airplanes flying over the provincial capital.

In 12 hours, the Syrian Red Crescent will leave the provincial capital, allowing for the siege and violence to continue once again between the Syrian Armed Forces and ISIS."

Large Trucks Filled With Aid Enter Deir Ezzor Disengagement Agreement Allows for Civilian Relief

Get help, dude.

Get help immediately.

I'd put my money on the young ISIS fighters over you ignorant blowviating RWers any day and twice on Sundays. They would kick your dumb hick asses up and down the Appellations and leave a trail of heads behind them. No great loss. There was nothing of special value in those skulls anyway.

Once the stench of stupidity and dishonesty had been beaten back a scosh we could send in the Marines to eradicate the cure for your disease which as we know is the "lying out your ass syndrome".

I think you're making your case for fighting for ISIS. I guess we'll see you in Syria/Iraq, then.

Get help, dude.

Get help immediately.

I think you're making your case for fighting for ISIS. I guess we'll see you in Syria/Iraq, then.

I can see why those people are mad enough to act on what has happened to their region. I will chime in when my fellow countrymen act all stupid and brain dead when they pretend that we did nothing to create this situation. These people disgust me. They believe I should hold them in higher esteem than these poor wretches in the mid east. I do not. When they make light of the horror those unfortunate folks have had visited upon them through no fault of their own I want to rip of their disgusting faces and the vile mouths that spew such shit.

You want me to choose sides for your entertainment? I choose the side that wishes you die in a horrible car crash caused by some ignorant drunk. I hope your children have to stand there and watch your worthless blood drain from your worthless bodies.

I choose the side so angered by your glib responses to the pain we caused so many innocent people to satisfy the lust for power by our elected leaders.

Go ahead and play your vile game. Here is hoping karma has something in store for you.

Why do you show up with such silly arguments?

And why aren´t you searching for videos by yourself instead of bothering me with that based on that silly arguments?

Where are you living dear Syrian ? Not Syria for sure. You remind me cheerful Syrian men wandering Turkish streets while their countries are fucked up. Why you dont fight side by side with your Assad instead of chatting on internet ?

Why do you show up with such silly arguments?

And why aren´t you searching for videos by yourself instead of bothering me with that based on that silly arguments?

Where are you living dear Syrian ? Not Syria for sure. You remind me cheerful Syrian men wandering Turkish streets while their countries are fucked up. Why you dont fight side by side with your Assad instead of chatting on internet ?
Because I am a German. And what is your nonsense about? Some pitiful personal attack?

Syrian Army Captures the Deir Ezzor Juvenile Prison

"On Monday morning, the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Artillery Regiment of the 17th Reserve Division – in coordination with Shaytat Tribesmen and the National Defense Forces (NDF) – launched a counter-assault on the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham’s (ISIS) positions at the Al-‘Amal Quarter after three straight days of being on the defensive at the Regiment 137 Base.

In the Al-‘Amal Quarter, the Syrian Armed Forces focused their attention on the strategically positioned Deir Ezzor Juvenile Prison that was used by ISIS as a base and housing facility for their armed combatants.

The Syrian Armed Forces’ assault began around 9:15 A.M. (Damascus Time) on Monday, when they stormed the housing projects around the Deir Ezzor Juvenile Prison inside the Al-‘Amal Quarter, capturing a number of buildings, including the surrounding apartment complexes that overlooks the terrorist group’s base.

Following the capture of the Deir Ezzor Juvenile Prion’s surrounding buildings, the Syrian Armed Forces launched their full-scale assault on the base, pounding the terrorist group with a barrage of mortar shells, gunfire, and rockets in order to weaken ISIS’ defenses.

Nearly encircled and short on supplies, the ISIS combatants had no choice but to withdrawal from the Deir Ezzor Juvenile Prison before the Syrian Armed Forces completely cutoff all of the terrorist group’s escape routes.

By 1:30 P.M., the Syrian Armed Forces had announced that they were in full control of the Deir Ezzor Juvenile Prison after they killed 26 enemy combatants from ISIS and seizing a large cache of assault rifles, mortar shells, ammunition, and et al.

In addition to the fighting at the Al-‘Amal Quarter, the Syrian Armed Forces and ISIS clashed at the Jubeileh, Al-Haweeqah, Al-Husseiniyeh, Sheikh Yassine, Al-Arfa, and Sheikh Yassine Districts of Deir Ezzor City."

Syrian Army Captures the Deir Ezzor Juvenile Prison

The Euphrates Tainted With Blood: ISIS Attacks Multiple Sites in Deir Ezzor

"The civilians in the provincial capital of Deir Ezzor have been without electricity and periodically without water for six months, as the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham’s (ISIS) brutal siege has deprived the residents of basic necessities inside the city’s parameters.

On Tuesday morning, things did not appear to get any better for the residents of this once fertile city; instead, they were awoken to a multitude of rockets and mortar shells being fired into their neighborhoods from ISIS’ positions across the Euphrates River.

Following the barrage of rockets and mortar shells fired into Deir Ezzor City, ISIS stormed a number of sites inside the provincial capital, as they attempted to push past the Syrian Armed Forces’ defensive positions and capture the densely populated areas of the city.

Among ISIS’ targets on Tuesday was the strategic Al-Sina’a (Industrial) District, an area of the city that the Syrian Armed Forces have kept a close grip on due to its imperative factories and buildings.

Unfortunately for ISIS, this was one of the areas they struggled to find success at; this attack by the terrorist group was repelled by the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Artillery Brigade of the 17th Reserve Division after a series of fierce clashes on Tuesday morning.

Outside of the city gates, the terrorist group charged the Deir Ezzor Military Airport’s eastern walls in order to evade the 137th Brigade’s hawkish defenses around the base.

However, once again, ISIS would find themselves in a difficult position at the Deir Ezzor Military Airport, as the SAA’s 137th Brigade thwarted the terrorist group’s assault, while also killing 28 confirmed enemy combatants; this forced ISIS to withdrawal their assault.

In in addition to the fighting at the aforementioned sites, the Syrian Armed Forces and ISIS clashed at the Al-Jubeileh, Al-Rashidiyah, Sheikh Yassine, Al-Kanamat, Al-Arfa, Al-Hamidiyah, Al-Husseiniyah, and Al-Haweeqa Districts of Deir Ezzor City.

Fireifghts between the SAA and ISIS were also reported at the villages of Al-Jafra and Al-Muri’iyah, as the terrorist group attempted to gain ground near the Deir Ezzor Military Airport."

The Euphrates Tainted With Blood ISIS Attacks Multiple Sites in Deir Ezzor

Syrian Army Lifts the ISIS Siege on the Al-Jourah District of Deir Ezzor

"For the residents that live inside the Al-Jourah District of Deir Ezzor City, day-to-day life was nothing short of inhuman due to the six month long siege that was imposed by the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) in the provincial capital’s northern sector.

On Wednesday morning, the Syrian Arab Army’s 104th Airborne Brigade of the Republican Guard – in coordination with the 137th Artillery Brigade of the 17th Reserve Division and the National Defense Forces (NDF) – finally lifted the six month long siege of the Al-Jourah District after they broke through ISIS’ frontline defenses at the Al-Qusour District.

With the siege lifted on Wednesday morning, the Syrian Armed Forces began to bring in humanitarian aid for the 20,000 residents of the Al-Jourah District, providing them food, medical supplies, and large cases of water in order to bear the scorching temperatures inside the provincial capital.

In addition to their success at the Al-Jourah District, the Syrian Armed Forces cleared the Al-Muri’iyah Farms after intense clashes with the terrorist group inside this village that borders the Deir Ezzor Military Airport to the east.

Firefights between the Syrian Armed Forces and ISIS were also reported inside the Al-Rashidiyah, Al-Hamidiyah, Al-Jubeileh, Old Airport, Al-Kanamat, Sheikh Yassine, and Al-Husseiniyeh Districts of Deir Ezzor City on Thursday.

Inside Al-Jafra, the Syrian Armed Forces targeted an ISIS hideout near the Jafra-Hatla axis, resulting in the death of 13 enemy combatants and the destruction of an armored vehicle that was mounted with a doshka."

Syrian Army Lifts the ISIS Siege on the Al-Jourah District of Deir Ezzor

Syrian Army Captures the Al-Tayyim Oil Fields Amid a Large Sandstorm Sweeping Through Deir Ezzor

"On Sunday morning, the people of Deir Ezzor woke-up to their yearly dust storm that submerges this densely populated desert-city in eastern Syria with large volumes of sand, as powerful winds from this meteorological phenomena sweep through this area unexpectedly.

For the Syrian Armed Forces’ stationed inside Deir Ezzor, the poor visibility has been a thorn in their side due to the constant threat posed by the encroaching terrorists of the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS), who never miss an opportunity to take advantage of these volatile conditions for their own gain.

Not surprising, the ISIS terrorists bombarded the provincial capital with a barrage of mortar shells and rockets before they rushed the eastern gates of the Deir Ezzor Military Airport, where they found the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Artillery Brigade of the 17th Reserve Division fully prepared for this assault.

The terrorist group’s attack on the Deir Ezzor Military Airport turned into a disaster, as their vehicles roamed through a vast minefield near the eastern gates, resulting in the destruction of four armored vehicles before they came under heavy fire from the Syrian Armed Forces; this prompted the ISIS terrorists to halt their attack and withdrawal to the east.

Meanwhile, southwest of Deir Ezzor City, the Syrian Arab Army’s 113th Brigade – in coordination with the Shaytat Tribesmen – carried out a counter-assault at the Al-Tayyim Oil Fields, killing 19 enemy combatants from ISIS before they imposed full control over this area to the north of Mohassan.

Despite repeated attempts to capture territory from the Syrian Armed Forces in Deir Ezzor, ISIS has repeatedly experienced one disappointment after another, as these attacks usually come with an adverse effect."

Syrian Army Captures the Al-Tayyim Oil Fields Amid a Large Sandstorm Sweeping Through Deir Ezzor

ISIS Storms the Deir Ezzor Military Airport: Fighting Continues Inside

"With a sandstorm sweeping through most of Syria, the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) decided to take advantage of the absent Syrian Arab Air Force (SAAF) due to this meteorological phenomena by launching another large-scale assault on the Deir Ezzor Military Airport’s exterior defenses.

Similar to their previous attacks, two ISIS suicide bombers slammed their T-55 Tank and BMP vehicle into the eastern walls of the Deir Ezzor Military Airport; this successfully propelled the terrorist forces into the base’s enclosure before reinforcements from the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Artillery Brigade of the 17th Reserve Division arrived on the scene.

According to a military source at Brigade 137 in Jabal Bardeh (Deir Ezzor), the ISIS suicide bombers loaded their armored vehicles with vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED) before they reached the walls of the military airport.

Following the suicide bombings, ISIS stormed the Agricultural Building and the Artillery Battalion Barrier, where they were confronted by the SAA’s 137th Brigade, the 104th Airborne Brigade of the Republican Guard, and the National Defense Forces (NDF).

Despite claims that ISIS captured the Artillery Battalion Barrier, sources from the Syrian Armed Forces denied the capture of this aforementioned area – firefights are still ongoing.

ISIS would launch another three suicide attacks at the eastern perimeter of the Deir Ezzor Military Airport; however, two of the suicide bombers were killed before they could reach their destination – the other suicide bomber missed his target.

In addition to their assault on the Deir Ezzor Military Airport, the terrorist group has conducted an assault at the Al-Muri’iyah Farms to the east of the base; this area is imperative due to its proximity to the airport.

ISIS launched two suicide attacks at the Al-Muri’iyah Farms, but they did little damage to the Syrian Armed Forces’ defenses.

Firefights are still ongoing between ISIS and the Syrian Armed Forces, as they both exchange heavy gunfire in an attempt to gain the upper-hand at the Deir Ezzor Military Airport."

ISIS Storms the Deir Ezzor Military Airport: Fighting Continues Inside

ISIS on the Verge of Defeat at the Deir Ezzor Military Airport: Over 100 Terrorists Killed in 48 Hours

"The last 48 hours have been very tense in the provincial capital of the Deir Ezzor Governorate, as the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) has repeatedly attempted to break-through the Syrian Arab Army’s frontline defenses at the southeastern perimeter of the base.

Unlike on Wednesday, ISIS only attempted one suicide attack, which was aimed at the Syrian Arab Army’s checkpoint near the Artillery Battalion’s Housing Quarter; however, the suicide bomber’s vehicle borne improvised explosive device (VBIED) was destroyed by the checkpoint guards before it could reach its desired destination.

As ISIS attempted to advance their position from the Artillery Battalion towards the Deir Ezzor Military Base, the aforementioned terrorist group ran into a well-defended area that was swarming with soldiers from the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Artillery Brigade of the 17th Reserve Division and the 104th Airborne Brigade of the Republican Guard.

ISIS was not able to withstand the fierce resistance from the Syrian Armed Forces near the Agricultural Building; this resulted in the terrorist group withdrawing towards the Artillery Battalion.

Not long after their withdrawal, the absent Syrian Arab Air Force (SAAF) made its first appearance in this battle, targeting ISIS’ movements at the Artillery Battalion, Al-Muri’iyah Farms, and Al-Jafra.

The prevalent airstrikes proved to be the difference maker for the Syrian Armed Forces, as the ISIS terrorists were unable to make the same push towards the Deir Ezzor Military Airport as they did the day before.

According to a military source at the Deir Ezzor Military Airport, intense firefights are still ongoing to the north of the Artillery Battalion; however, the Syrian Arab Army is in full-control of the base and at least 3 square km of territory around it.

The source further added that an estimated 100 ISIS militants (not confirmed yet) have been killed in the last 48 hours, including a number of foreign terrorists from North Africa.

Shaytat Tribesmen have issued a warning to ISIS; if any ISIS fighters are captured, they will be executed."

ISIS on the Verge of Defeat at the Deir Ezzor Military Airport: Over 100 Terrorists Killed in 48 Hours

ISIS Paralyzed in Deir Ezzor: Syrian Army Rolls Back the Terrorist Group’s Gains

"This has been a long week for the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS), as the terrorist group has launched their largest assault on the Deir Ezzor Military Airport in the last ten months.

What seemed like a promising offensive for ISIS, turned into disaster once they approached the Deir Ezzor Military Airport’s southwestern gates, as the Syrian Arab Army’s (SAA) stiff defenses proved too much for terrorist group.

On Friday morning, ISIS attempted to mount another assault on the army base to the southwest of the Deir Ezzor Military Airport; however, the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Artillery Brigade of the 17th Reserve Division – in coordination with the 104th Airborne Brigade of the Republican Guard – repelled the attack for the third time since Monday.

As a result of the failed attack, the terrorist group was forced to withdraw their fighters to the Artillery Battalion Base, allowing for the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Brigade to launch a counter-assault amid the multitude of airstrikes from the Syrian Arab Air Force (SAAF).

Since Wednesday, ISIS has been unable to progress towards the Deir Ezzor Military Airport; this failure has given the Syrian Armed Forces ample time to regroup and deliver a counter-assault to recover the ground they lost to the terrorist group over the last five days at this volatile front.

According to a military source, the number of ISIS casualties has jumped to an estimated 140 combatants in the last 72 hours; this includes their dead fighters at the Military Airport, Al-Muri’iyah, and Al-Jafra."

ISIS Paralyzed in Deir Ezzor: Syrian Army Rolls Back the Terrorist Group's Gains

ISIS Falling Apart at the Deir Ezzor Airport Front as Shaytat Tribesmen Launch an Offensive in the East

"On Saturday morning, the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham’s (ISIS) overconfidence in the Deir Ezzor Governorate proved detrimental to them this weekend, as the Shaytat Tribesmen at Al-‘Asharat overwhelmed the terrorist group with a powerful attack inside this town located in this desert province’s eastern countryside.

The Shaytat Tribesmen launched their assault at dawn on Saturday morning, when they stormed ISIS’ defenses at the Al-Hikmat Hospital’s front entrance, killing 18 enemy combatants from this terrorist group before the fighting subsided at nightfall.

According to a military source in Deir Ezzor, the Shaytat Tribesmen killed the following identified ISIS militants: “Abu Al-Harath Al-Sa’oudi” (Saudi), Ahmad Fahd Al-‘Abboud, ‘Ali Hassan Al-Khalil, Ibrahim ‘Ali Al-‘Abdullah, Nader Jami’yat Al-Mohassan, and Jami’yat Al-Ghadaban.

Meanwhile, inside the provincial capital, ISIS attempted to break-through the Syrian Arab Army’s frontline defenses at the Army Base to the north of the Artillery Battalion Base; however, the soldiers from the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Artillery Brigade of the 17th Reserve Division were able to fend-off the terrorist group’s assault.

To the east of the Artillery Battalion Base, the Syrian Arab Army’s 104th Airborne Brigade of the Republican Guard – in coordination with the Shaytat Tribesmen and National Defense Forces (NDF) – countered ISIS’ advances at the Al-Muri’iyah Farms, killing two dozen enemy combatants from the terrorist group before they recovered the potato farms.

Elsewhere, a platoon from the SAA’s 137th Brigade carried out a surprise attack on ISIS’ defenses near Jabal Al-Bardeh in order to alleviate the pressure on the Deir Ezzor Military Airport; this attack resulted in the destruction of an ISIS hideout and the death of 13 enemy combatants."

ISIS Falling Apart at the Deir Ezzor Airport Front as Shaytat Tribesmen Launch an Offensive in the East

ISIS Offensive in Deir Ezzor Ends with the Syrian Army Recapturing Tal Kroum

"It took only eight days for the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) to quit their large-scale offensive at the Deir Ezzor Military Airport, marking the third time this year that they failed capture the aforementioned base that is under the control of the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Artillery Brigade of the 17th Reserve Division and the 104th Airborne Brigade of the Republican Guard.

Initially, the terrorist group was successful, capturing the Artillery Battalion Base located at the southwestern flank of the Deir Ezzor Military Airport; however, ISIS was unable to bypass the Syrian Armed Forces’ frontline defenses at the southern perimeter after the arrival Major General Issam Zahreddine and his soldiers from Syrian Arab Army’s elite 104th Airborne Brigade.

Following their repeated attempts to break-through the Syrian Armed Forces’ defenses at the Deir Ezzor Military Airport, the ISIS central command was forced to withdraw many of their militants from this front after the Shaytat Tribesmen launched an offensive to capture the Hikmat Hospital inside the town of Al-‘Asharat in east Deir Ezzor.

The final straw for ISIS came when the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Brigade countered the ISIS fighters at the Bardeh Mountains (west of Deir Ezzor City), killing 19 enemy combatants and destroying four armored vehicles that were mounted with 23mm anti-aircraft machine guns before they were able to push-out the remaining terrorists to the hilltop at Tal Kroum.

With their backs against the wall at Tal Kroum, the terrorist group found themselves surrounded at three different flanks; this resulted in a short assault by the Syrian Armed Forces, as all of the ISIS militants withdrew from this strategic hilltop towards the eastern countryside of Deir Ezzor City."

ISIS Offensive in Deir Ezzor Ends with the Syrian Army Recapturing Tal Kroum

ISIS Loses Over 60 Militants Inside Deir Ezzor in the Last 24 Hours

"The Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) has had a rough 48 hours in the Syrian provinces of Deir Ezzor, Al-Raqqa, and Al-Hasakah, as the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and the Syrian Arab Air Force (SAAF) have relentlessly pounded their positions around this vast desert area in Syria’s eastern countryside.

On Monday morning, the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Artillery Brigade of the 17th Tank Division – in coordination with the 104th Airborne Brigade of the Republican Guard, the Shaytat Tribesmen, and the National Defense Forces (NDF) – continued their assault on ISIS’ positions in the Al-‘Amal and Al-Rusafa Districts, killing a confirmed 29 enemy combatants before they advanced into the eastern neighborhoods.

South of the Al-‘Amal District, a platoon from the Republican Guard – in coordination with the Shaytat Tribesmen – carried out a powerful assault at Central Park in Sakr Island, killing 14 more ISIS terrorists, while also destroying a bulldozer and an armored vehicle that was mounted with a 23mm anti-aircraft machine gun.

Meanwhile, at the Political Bridge that sits atop of the Euphrates River, the Republican Guard destroyed a T-55 Tank belonging to the terrorist group; this resulted in the death of the combatants inside the tank and 4 more militants traveling alongside the vehicle.

Following a morning of intense firefights, the SAA’s 137th Brigade successfully infiltrated ISIS’ positions at the Potato Farms in Al-Muri’iyah, capturing this rural area to the east of the Deir Ezzor Military Airport, while they also killed 18 enemy combatants from the terrorist group."

ISIS Loses Over 60 Militants Inside Deir Ezzor in the Last 24 Hours

ISIS Sends Massive Wave of Reinforcements to Protect their Vital Supply Route in Deir Ezzor

"On Tuesday, the Syrian Arab Army’s 137th Artillery Brigade of the 17th Reserve Division – in coordination with the 104th Airborne Brigade of the Republican Guard, the National Defense Forces (NDF), and the Shaytat Tribesmen – launched a powerful assault on the village of Al-Khareetah in the Deir Ezzor Governorate’s northeastern countryside, where they targeted the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham’s (ISIS) main supply route the province.

Under intense pressure from the Syrian Armed Forces, the terrorist group sent a large wave of reinforcements from the Iraqi border-city of Al-Qa’im in order to forestall the advance and secure their main supply route along the Raqqa-Deir Ezzor Highway.

The reinforcements arrived just in time for the terrorist group, as they were able to fend-off the powerful assault near the Raqqa-Deir Ezzor Highway; however, there are still violent clashes taking place near the Palmyra-Deir Ezzor Highway that leads to the ISIS-controlled city of Al-Sukhanah in the Homs Governorate’s eastern countryside.

According to a military source in the SAA’s 137th Brigade, ISIS social media activists posted false reports about their fighters attacking the Deir Ezzor Military Airport, along with reinforcements being sent to help capture this imperative base.

The Deir Ezzor Airport was relatively untouched this past week, despite repeated claims by ISIS social media activists of “infiltrations” and the capture of territory surrounding the base.

Fierce firefights were also reported between the Syrian Armed Forces and ISIS at Ghassan Abboud Street and the Al-Haweeqah, Al-Rashidiyah, Al-‘Amal, Al-Rusafa, and Al-Jubeileh Districts of Deir Ezzor City."

ISIS Sends Massive Wave of Reinforcements to Protect their Vital Supply Route in Deir Ezzor

ISIS Suffers Disastrous Defeat in Deir Ezzor: Over 150 Terrorists Killed in 24 Hours

"On Monday morning, the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) launched a full-scale assault on the provincial capital of the Deir Ezzor Governorate, attacking the Syrian Armed Forces’ frontline defenses at the Military Airport; the Al-Sina’a, Al-Haweeqa, and Al-‘Amal Districts; and the village of Al-Muri’iyah.

Unfortunately for the terrorist group, they were severely outmatched by the soldiers from the 137th Artillery Brigade of the 17th Reserve Division and the 104th Airborne Brigade of the Republican Guard.

Upon their initial assault at the Deir Ezzor Military Airport, ISIS sent two waves of fighters towards the contested army base (southern perimeter of the airport); however, the charging terrorists were overwhelmed by the fierce resistance from the Syrian Arab Army and the relentless aerial assault by the Russian Air Force.

The terrorist group’s frontlines were fractured by the Syrian Armed Forces and Russian Air Force; this resulted in the death of over 55 enemy combatants from ISIS, including their Tunisian field commander.

Meanwhile, at the Al-‘Amal (Workers) and Al-Sina’a (Industrial) Districts of Deir Ezzor City, ISIS made the mistake of attempting to push into these well-fortified areas; this attack was repelled by the Syrian Armed Forces, who reportedly killed 32 enemy combatants from the terrorist group before they made an eastbound retreat.

Perhaps the most impressive victory for the Syrian Armed Forces came at the contested district of Al-Haweeqa, where they were originally attacked by a large contingent of ISIS fighters at the northern flank.

ISIS stormed the Syrian Armed Forces’ defenses at the northern flank of Al-Haweeqa; however, once again, they found themselves under attack by the Russian Air Force, who relentlessly bombarded their reserve units, leaving over 20 terrorist dead in the process.

With ISIS’ frontlines crumbling, the Syrian Army’s 137th Brigade took advantage of this, capturing a half dozen building blocks and unearthing a 150 meter tunnel that belonged to the terrorist group inside the Al-Haweeqa District.

Undeterred by their high death toll and failed infiltration attempts, ISIS launched one last assault at the imperative village of Al-Muri’iyah, where they foolishly stormed the Syrian Armed Forces’ defenses in an open field; this resulted in the death of almost 40 terrorists.

According to a military source from the 104th Airborne Brigade, ISIS’ offensive was a disaster and ill-prepared for something of this magnitude in the Deir Ezzor Governorate.

Furthermore, the Russian Air Force played an integral role in this defeat, as they relentlessly pounded the terrorist group with numerous airstrikes."

ISIS Suffers Disastrous Defeat in Deir Ezzor: Over 150 Terrorists Killed in 24 Hours

Forum List

Back