ISIS executes 250 Syrian soldiers

You mentioned germ warfare, not the trail of tears. The apology was long overdue.

I was comparing us to ISIS pointing out how we're in no morally superior posiiton to be critical of them for doing things we ourselves did.

Nothing the US did, as a government, compares. There is wrong, horrible, and.............nihilistic.

Sickening ISIS slaughter continues as 250 soldiers captured at Syrian airbase are stripped then led to the desert for mass execution
Sickening footage appears to show Islamic State militants parading around 250 captured soldiers through the desert in their underwear before they are killed and their bodies piled on the bare earth.
An Islamic State fighter claimed the men were from the Syrian government's Tabqa air base which extremists seized on Sunday, potentially handing them warplanes, tanks, artillery and ammunition
Islamic State ISIS militants execute 250 Syrian soldiers World News Daily Express

The world gets more upset when Israel kills a terrorist...ssshhh...I just don't understand why people will give in and march to their deaths. I would think it would be better to die fighting. But since I've never been in that situation I guess I shouldn't be critical. Hopefully I'll never know

Marched in intense heat, more torture by ISIS; time to act, the problem is, ISIS will take many innocents with them. Are they nihilists?

Well no, not really.

This is the result of many years of oppressive government. They survived the secret police, the Americans and a plethora of other things and have be come hardened and brutal.

And while they cannot be allowed to succeed, the solution isn't completely military.

Countries in this region must be allowed to self govern.

Free from the internal influence of powerful nations. Until that happens? We will have groups like this in one form or another.

Agriculture, business trade, and working with those who lived on this land........the Indian wars were exacerbated by French and English policies. Did Jackson and a few like him commit slaughter? Yes, as did some First Nations; but there was an ideal, never silenced by those in favor of slavery. I do not gloss over the bad parts of US history; slavery, and the treatment of First Nations remain a stain, but coomparing the US to ISIS is absurd. Note, from day 1, many, including Adams, refused to own slaves and fought against slavery. Washington, like Jefferson was heavily in debt, Washington made provision in his will to free the captives. Martha Washington, to her credit (ignored by amatuer historians) freed the captives much sooner than Washington demanded. Jefferson owned HUMANS that were mortgaged, believed slavery would die out "naturally". He was WRONG, but the question was settled less than 100 years after the beginning of this nation.

Madison also remained conflicted on the issue:

• James Madison, Letter to General La Fayette, February 1, 1830.
  • f slavery, as a national evil, is to be abolished, and it be just that it be done at the national expense, the amount of the expense is not a paramount consideration.

• -- James Madison, Letter to R. R. Gurley, December 28, 1831.
    • "[The Convention] thought it wrong to admit in the Constitution the idea that there could be property in men."
    • We have seen the mere distinction of color made in the most enlightened period of time, a ground of the most oppressive dominion ever exercised by man over man."
      -- James Madison, speech at the Constitutional Convention, June 6, 1787

You're right, the comparison is absurd. ISIS never use germ warfare like the US did against the Indians.

Lord Amherst wasn't American. And please note the dates at nativeweb.org.

"Smallpox blankets
Despite his fame, Jeffrey Amherst's name became tarnished by stories of smallpox-infected blankets used as germ warfare against American Indians.

These stories are reported, for example, in Carl Waldman's Atlas of the North American Indian [NY: Facts on File, 1985]. Waldman writes, in reference to a siege of Fort Pitt (Pittsburgh) by Chief Pontiac's forces during the summer of 1763:

... Captain Simeon Ecuyer had bought time by sending smallpox-infected blankets and handkerchiefs to the Indians surrounding the fort -- an early example of biological warfare -- which started an epidemic among them. Amherst himself had encouraged this tactic in a letter to Ecuyer. "

Amherst and Smallpox

AND

"There is only one documented instance in which disease was proposed to be used as a weapon against Native American tribes. During the French and Indian War, Jeffery Amherst, 1st Baron Amherst, Britain's commander in chief in North America suggested using the smallpox disease to wipe out their Native American enemy.

It is quoted from his writings to Colonel Henry Bouquet concerning the situation in western Pennsylvania that the spread of disease would be beneficial to achieve their means and Bouquet confirmed his intentions to do so."

Native American disease and epidemics - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Sickening ISIS slaughter continues as 250 soldiers captured at Syrian airbase are stripped then led to the desert for mass execution
Sickening footage appears to show Islamic State militants parading around 250 captured soldiers through the desert in their underwear before they are killed and their bodies piled on the bare earth.
An Islamic State fighter claimed the men were from the Syrian government's Tabqa air base which extremists seized on Sunday, potentially handing them warplanes, tanks, artillery and ammunition
Islamic State ISIS militants execute 250 Syrian soldiers World News Daily Express

The world gets more upset when Israel kills a terrorist...ssshhh...I just don't understand why people will give in and march to their deaths. I would think it would be better to die fighting. But since I've never been in that situation I guess I shouldn't be critical. Hopefully I'll never know

Marched in intense heat, more torture by ISIS; time to act, the problem is, ISIS will take many innocents with them. Are they nihilists?

Well no, not really.

This is the result of many years of oppressive government. They survived the secret police, the Americans and a plethora of other things and have be come hardened and brutal.

And while they cannot be allowed to succeed, the solution isn't completely military.

Countries in this region must be allowed to self govern.

Free from the internal influence of powerful nations. Until that happens? We will have groups like this in one form or another.

Nothing explains the sheer volume of foreign jihadists who have flocked to ISIS. They are successfully recruiting internationally. And these young men from wealthy and successful families are ruining the common profile of only "the poor and ignorant" become extremists.

As to foreign interference, I quite agree that our western leaders have for decades triggered rounds of ferocious instability in the middle east.

It appears that conservative or liberal in power they just can't seem to quash their overwhelming urges to meddle.

The list is endless. Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt who thankfully came to their senses and threw out Morsi and the MB, Libya is a dogs breakfast, Syria and the Ukraine.

Last edited:
Using moral equivalency, we are supposed to accept the murderous rampage of muslim fanatics because, because we deserve it that's why. To the left these are heroes, finally paying America back for all the evil it promoted in the world. The American obligation is to bare their neck gladly knowing that justice is finally being served.

Is that about it?

Forum List

Back