Is voting the opiate of the masses (like 99% of mass media)?

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
There's nothing wrong with having a right to vote, but realistically, the only people who would stake their entire lives on a vote once every 4 years would be the lowest in intelligence, manners, morals, creativity, and things like that - the serially "disaffected", and those who reinforce their nihilistic and disaffected mindset with worthless and anti-intellectual ideologies (like that of Alinksy and other snake oil salesmen) via circular reasoning.

The reality is that mature people, on both "right" and "left" acknowledge that in some way or another, creativity, rather than negativity, nihilism, and destructivity are the superior ways of solving one's own problems, or those of others, as opposed to disillusion into misery, violence, hate, and so forth, and the charlatans and worthless pedagogues, identitarians, and political cultists who prey on those of such a mindset and sell their poison to them like heroin to children.

While today, as well as yesterday, more creative, intelligent, and ambitious men and women would instead be pursuing self-actualization, such as education, business startups, social influence, and things which would give them a much more direct way; realistically family, as well as personal talents, maturity, ambitions, character and so forth in both thinking men and women have a much more vital role in one's overall life and ambitions; idiots and disaffected vermin can continue to bemoan the so-called "rich" all they want (while being sold such propaganda from media corporations themselves), and the idea that everyone could become a billionare to begin with may be a bit of a stretch. But regardless, it is those who are doing something productive, intelligent, creative, imaginative, who are making meaningful change on the world, as opposed to ugly and anti-intellectual disaffection, or what Alinksy himself referred to as worthless individuals conflating their own "pathology" for ideology (which seems to make up 90% or so of social media politics altogether, possibly even most mass media politics, such as "talk radio", left and right; though as of right now, I'd argue that it's the "left" and their worthless identitarian politics who have lowered the bar about as far as it can go; other extremist movements such as a supposed "resurgence" in white supremacy just being the natural byproduct of left-wing identitarians, anarchists, and sexual deviants, to whom 99% of the world they live in is part of a vast right-wing white male supremacist conspiracy).

I'd argue at this point, if we simply eliminated the left and its degenerate media altogether, the "far right" associated with a minority of Trump's following would probably disappear back into Stormfront or whenever it came from; most popular sentiments on social media are not 'white supremacist' or 'alt right', however mocking the radical anarchist left or "social justice warriors" is what is more or less the prevailing popular trend, with them being more of a universal laughing stock at this point, rather than so much as any strong popular support for the "white supremacist" right.

To be honest, the whole childish and simplistic "left-right" politics dichotomy itself is rather stupid and superfluous, and I doubt many people who are willing or able to read any actual books on any historical subject matter of cultural significance would even be so quick to use that childish and simplistic dichotomy; I've even heard of other "political spectrums" proposed altogether.

I will will use this post as an example of incoherent babble.

• Banned
Why waste your life fighting for a "right to vote" when you could start a business, invent something, become well educated? Even today, on the whole, those types of things are more socially influential and powerful then something as simplistic and banal that even a person with a 100 or less IQ could do it.

To some extent, "voting" has always been something of just a "last resort" for the serially disaffected who either can't or won't find any creative or superior way to influence the world around them, or for extremely dumb or childish people who don't know the difference between a silly, simplistic fad or mission statement, and serious activism or influence like that of MLK or Ghandi, that would require a lifetime commitment, not just taking a few minutes out of your day to "vote" for something.

I had proposed eliminating the popular vote, but at this point I'm tempted not to care; if the popular vote distracts people who are too dumb, selfish, immoral, or otherwise mentally or socially inept to aspire to any greater things in life away from the more well-adjusted normal people, then I don't care; let the masses have their opiate while the rest of us chuckle at them behind their backs.

US is not a democracy. We screwed up by giving the franchise to everyone. Most people are not informed, and vote for other people's shit. Losers and criminals voting predictably are the biggest issues. Women who vote for men's earnings also a big one.

This is how you get San Francisco...

US is not a democracy. We screwed up by giving the franchise to everyone. Most people are not informed, and vote for other people's shit. Losers and criminals voting predictably are the biggest issues. Women who vote for men's earnings also a big one.

'women who vote'

Yep- real problem there for Trump supporters.

Why waste your life fighting for a "right to vote" when you could start a business, invent something, become well educated? Even today, on the whole, those types of things are more socially influential and powerful then something as simplistic and banal that even a person with a 100 or less IQ could do it.

To some extent, "voting" has always been something of just a "last resort" for the serially disaffected who either can't or won't find any creative or superior way to influence the world around them, or for extremely dumb or childish people who don't know the difference between a silly, simplistic fad or mission statement, and serious activism or influence like that of MLK or Ghandi, that would require a lifetime commitment, not just taking a few minutes out of your day to "vote" for something.

I had proposed eliminating the popular vote, but at this point I'm tempted not to care; if the popular vote distracts people who are too dumb, selfish, immoral, or otherwise mentally or socially inept to aspire to any greater things in life away from the more well-adjusted normal people, then I don't care; let the masses have their opiate while the rest of us chuckle at them behind their backs.

Why would a loser start a business when he can simply vote himself the money from those that do?

'women who vote'

Yep- real problem there for Trump supporters.

Me taking a dump on the ballot box would fill it with more respectful contents than your vote. People who can not read absolutely should not vote.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back