Is this the year of the Libertarian Party?

Is 2018 the year of the Libertarian Party?

• Yes, because the DNC has provided little of an option for independents.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, because the GOP has provided little to retain the independent vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As for the Libertarian Party, they want liberty but not what is required to maintain it. For instance the free market is a great ideal but it takes government oversight to keep it free.
Libertarianism is not Anarchy, if such a thing can even exist. That is a gross mischaracterization of the maximized liberty ideal.
Are there any examples of countries that are libertarian? I'm thinking the US of the 19th century comes close but it was a lawless time that I would not wish to trade for ours.
Libertarians are closer to the COTUS than the duopoly will EVER be.
Does that not matter?
Why should it?
Ahhhh a statist.. gross
Does that make you an anarchist?

Libertarianism is not Anarchy, if such a thing can even exist. That is a gross mischaracterization of the maximized liberty ideal.
Are there any examples of countries that are libertarian? I'm thinking the US of the 19th century comes close but it was a lawless time that I would not wish to trade for ours.
Does that not matter?
Why should it?
Ahhhh a statist.. gross
No

Does that not matter?
Why should it?
Ahhhh a statist.. gross

It's a certainty TN isn't an anarchist , however the jury is still out on whether or not he's an antichrist.

Every year is the year of the Libertarians thinking it's going to be the year of the Libertarians.

Libertarians are never in power, but they are usually right.

What a paradox.

They lack the "Screw the truth and morality for power" gene.

Every year is the year of the Libertarians thinking it's going to be the year of the Libertarians.

What a paradox.

To ever be a viable party the libertarians would have to win over millions from the established parties.

1. Libertarians are pro-choice on abortion. They can therefore get approximately NO support from the Right.

2. Libertarians oppose government help for the poor. They can therefore get approximately NO support from the Left

So where do the millions come from?

What a paradox.

1. Libertarians are pro-choice on abortion.
Wrong (as usual) libertarians are split on abortion, the non-aggression principle can be interpreted both ways on the question.

2. Libertarians oppose government help for the poor. They can therefore get approximately NO support from the Left
Wrong (as usual) libertarians having various opinions on the degree, method and viability of government aid for the POOR.

You really shouldn't talk about things that you know nothing about; of course that would render you completely mute.

What a paradox.

Wrong (as usual) libertarians are split on abortion, the non-aggression principle can be interpreted both ways on the question.

Wrong (as usual) libertarians having various opinions on the degree, method and viability of government aid for the POOR.

You really shouldn't talk about things that you know nothing about; of course that would render you completely mute.

I'm reading the Libertarian Party Platform.

You're arguing that Libertarians have no set of core principles. Maybe THAT"S why they're a 5%er joke.

What a paradox.

Why don't you name for us some self-identified Libertarians of consequence who want to outlaw all abortion.

Yep

That plank of their platform is written specifically to straddle the fence, because Libertarian is truly the "big tent" party, and that is not an issue that people are going to change their mind on (very close to an even split, with many taking some type of compromise position)

Until we abolish private campaign donations, and then remove money from politics, we will always be beholden to this two-party system.
Im with ya there. I hate the way we fund elections.
Federal laws affect corporations as much as you or me. Therefore, they should have a say as to who will have that kind of power over them.

Corporations pour gobs of money into our totally corrupt system out of the same self-interest which moves you or I to donate to a campaign. Because if they don't, they will get run into the ground and destroyed.

You can't blame corporations for acting rationally.
I have always wanted an amendment to the COTUS to where the tax payers fund all viable campaigns equally.
I don't want to fund Bernie Sanders' campaign. Or Trump's. Or Clinton's. Fuck off.
I said VIABLE :badgrin:

Who gets to decide that?

What a paradox.

To ever be a viable party the libertarians would have to win over millions from the established parties.

1. Libertarians are pro-choice on abortion. They can therefore get approximately NO support from the Right.

So where do the millions come from?

Not all libertarians are prochoice, that is a lie. It's not like being a Dim. If you are a Dim you must be pro-abortion, with foam coming out of your mouth demanding tax payers pay for it all.

Libertarians are not going to dangle free phones or free anything to the populace for votes. Nor are they going to want to continue trillion dollar deficits, so probably no lower taxes either.

And yes, as a result no one will vote for them cuz Americans like free stuff but don't want to pay for it. Anything else is un-American.

What a paradox.

Why don't you name for us some self-identified Libertarians of consequence who want to outlaw all abortion.
That is not how it works, the policy can be interpreted to support choice (as a freedom issue) and also to support let states decide (as a 10th amendment issue)

There needs to be a major movement to convince Americans that they have more than a choice of the democrats or the republicans. I don’t see that happening.
There are always candidates running as Independents somewhere. If people weren't so brainwashed into thinking that voting for them is a "wasted" vote, they could do okay. One of our senators is an Independent; of course, 40% of our voters are, too.

Independent is code for "I want to get elected, but I know Democrats suck ass, but I'll do everything just like them when I fool the voters into electing me", i.e. Bernie Sanders.

What a paradox.

That is not how it works, the policy can be interpreted to support choice (as a freedom issue) and also to support let states decide (as a 10th amendment issue)

That will never fly in the Peoples Republic of America.

We must all do and believe the same things, but only if it involves destroying a free economy and individual thought.

Forum List

Back