Is this sculpture "problematic"

Thinking like an SJW I could probably point to the fact the white guy is on horseback, lording over the black soldiers.
Like the mounted officers of the 50th Pennsylvania Infantry lording it over the white trash?

255.jpg

I'm shocked. Shocked.

But I imagine you're thinking more like a guy completely ignorant of military history.

I am actually very well versed in most history. Again, this was a thought exercise to me, nothing more.

ignore the actual history and just look at the sculpture.

Truth be told this is to me an exercise in thinking like the other side does.
You just want to put your own warped spin on history. In order for black troops to serve they needed a qualified experienced leader. The only officers that fit the requirements were white. Unless you can show where a black man qualified to lead black troops was available you are just talking our of your ass.

What spin?

I know exactly who is in the sculpture, and the history of the regiment.

Again, just looking at it, can you see anything problematic with it?
OK, you are implying your question is a puzzle. So, having said you would divulge the answer after a few posts, it is time for you to give the answer.

Thinking like an SJW I could probably point to the fact the white guy is on horseback, lording over the black soldiers.

Also the black soldiers are a bit too obviously "black" as shown.
Yep, I was right

how were you "right"

If I was going for a gotcha moment, there would have to be a "gotcha"

This is just trying to open debate on what is considered "problematic" vis a vis sculptures.

The horse is squishing some of the soldiers. Aside form that, nothing.

Just wondering, with all the nuttery over removing Statues if people can find something wrong with this one.

If you don't know what it is, I'll tell ya in a few posts.

54th-memorial-nga.jpg

Not at all. It's a representation of American history.

I agree.

The lefties aren't getting the concept behind my question.
giphy.gif

that's a good gif, gonna have to steal it.
It came from a series I think in the 1980's or 1990's, where monkies were performing scenes from old movies.

Just wondering, with all the nuttery over removing Statues if people can find something wrong with this one.

If you don't know what it is, I'll tell ya in a few posts.

54th-memorial-nga.jpg

Not at all. It's a representation of American history.

I agree.

The lefties aren't getting the concept behind my question.
giphy.gif

that's a good gif, gonna have to steal it.
It came from a series I think in the 1980's or 1990's, where monkies were performing scenes from old movies.

I think you are talking about monkey movie shorts. 90's or early 2000's i think.

Forum List

Back