Is this "right and just" to you: the filthy rich get richer while the can't-get-anywhere poor get poorer

not all homeless are on gov assistance and I doubt many of them do what you say here.. But even if they do, that is on gummit.. When people apply for assistance, they should be shown jobs in the area they are qualified for and helped to get said jobs. It is hard to get a job whne you cannot put down a physical address on the application.. hard to get a job whne you can't even take a shower or iron theclothes you slept in the night b4
hard to get a job when you are drunk all the time

Great country we have here (USA)

You can talk about drug addicted people being homeless and other nefarious types and they do exist But again, most of the homeless are NOT drug addicts. I have researched this. 72% of homeless women are in that situation bc of DOMESTIC violence/abuse. They prefer peace and quiet to the insanity of living with their *&^%$ husbands.

In any case, people should not be sleeping on the sidewalks no matter what their sins are. Do the rich have no sins? Ha ha... I'll bet they have worse ones.. (most of the time)

So here we are.. homelessness problem out of control since that potato took.. literally took office

and the blame gets thrown at...

hmmm... let's see..

the homeless themselves

As if the whole problem is theirs and theirs alone. That is total BS

Then we look at Congress.. corrupt to the core.. voting only for their own individual interests.. not voting on term limits bc that is not in their best financial interests (just their spiritual benefit but they don't care about that.. have lost their souls).. don't vote on much of anything else America really wants either... just Numero Uno all the freaking way

T R U M P

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

I think the world is very complex, and to get the best for people, and out of people, it requires a lot of work, a lot of study.

And instead we get politicians who don't care.

Instead of looking at how best to do things, they just manipulate, or take on simple ideas that simple people have decided sound great, without any evidence for it at all.

why does everyone pay attn to the drug issue? No one ever talks about the dv issues of 72% of women who are homeless. I guess we should all just pretend that most husbands are angels toward their wives? Or maybe we just don't want to help the homeless, so we make up all this bs about what worthless human trash they are so we don't have to feel guilty 4 having things they do not have?

yeh, that one
Why do I have to feel guilty for someone else's mental illness? I already have an autistic child who needs my help to avoid ever being there himself.
That one is easy, and the answer is the same for both.

The rich man's wealth is his strong city: the destruction of the poor is their poverty. Proverbs 10:15

That is the way the entire American economic, legal, and political system is structured. To enhance the strength of the wealthy, exacerbate the destruction rendered by poverty. I mean I wish I could say that it is a recent thing, wish I could blame Republicans, Ronald Reagan, conservatives. But I can't because that is the way it has been FROM THE GET GO.

Take our Health Care System. Probably the only fully developed country in the world that has a free market based health care system, as if that was even economically possible. Why? So the poor can stay poor and the sick can die broke. Because what does that mean, the rich get richer.

Social Security, what a flippin Ponzi scam. I mean you structure something like that you end up like Bernie Maldoff. But the government, they can do it. Why is there a "cap" on earnings subject to the FICA tax? It is horseshit. Unearned income, let that phrase settle, "UNEARNED INCOME", is taxed less than earned income. WTF? So, I go out and bust my ass and "earn" income, I pay more in taxes than some fatass rich cat that sits on his ass and collects "unearned income"? Seriously? The example I use is the ditch diggers and the shovels. If you tax the ditch diggers more than you tax the dudes renting the shovels pretty soon, no one wants to dig ditches and everyone wants to rent out shovels. Can you say labor participation rate?

But let me conclude by explaining how it has always been that way. During the Revolutionary war armies would stroll on to a farm, mostly state militias, and take some corn, or some cows, gunpowder, even "arms", from the person that owned the farm. Then they would write out an IOU, it is called Continental Script, and as an avid and lifelong numismatist, I have a nice collection.

After the war things were tough. It is laughable that people complain about inflation and the economy now. It was bad. Farms were in disrepair, crops failed because they went unattended as males flocked together to fight off the mighty British army. And state governments were dead dog broke. To begin the reconstruction those farmers needed money, badly. Seed, feed for their mules, hell even food to feed their families. So they sold those "scripts" to people like George Washington and Alexander Hamilton. Sold them for pennies on the dollar.

Then, after the Second Continental Congress, the passing of the Constitution, one of the very first acts of Congress was to pass a bill introduced by Hamilton to pay for those scripts, dollar for d, ollar. The funds were to come from the Whiskey tax. I mean talk about adding insult to injury. Those farmers that sold those scripts for pennies on the dollar, well now, the one way they had to turn their crops into cash revenue that wasn't perishable, was being taxed. And how that very tax was structured is just another story, for another time, that reflects the entire premise of this thread.

But think about it. Those hard worker farmers, that fought the British and made this nation free, got pennies on the dollar for the assets they gave up to support the Revolution. And then, they were taxed to pay the wealthy speculators dollar for dollar for those scripts. In a real sense, raped TWICE. No wonder they rebelled, especially in upstate New York, which is another story as well. That revolution was put down by a "Lee", as in a forefather of Robert E. Lee. And while numerous individuals were convicted of treason, Washington knew the whole damn thing was a scam and he pardoned them, sparing them from the hangman's noose.

Look, I know it is a long screed, and I could go on all day about it. The one comfort I have is that the wealthiest person ever to be elected was George Washington, until Donald Trump strolled into the White House. Two bookends that hopefully, with the help of the Millennials, will end this 200 plus year long, rich get richer poor get poorer, society.
I gave you a thumbs up but I want to tell you THIS.... Regarding your hero worship of George Washington. I lived for a time in a small town called Etna just outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Well there I took the time to read some of the archives in its local historical society. It so happens that a young George Washington once laid claim to land which abutted a creek that emptied into the Allegheny River there.... But that land was already owned and worked for years by an Irish guy who ran the largest trading Post in the new world at that time. He employed Native Americans among many types of people, and was instrumental in the prosperity of many. The guy had 20 years on young George Washington. But young George Washington took him to court over it, and in no time the court which was probably staffed by George's masonic friends, ruled in favor of George and simply took the land away from the Irish guy and gave it to George. Two weeks later the Irish guy committed suicide...or DID he???

So I do not put that ruthless land speculator George - with mysterious friends in high places - anywhere near in the same category as most of the other founding fathers. I put Thomas Jefferson and John Adams many rungs above George Washington, and that is even with the knowledge that Thomas Jefferson owned slaves. Thomas Jefferson in a way was born into slavery himself, but as the owner class.... An institution that he simply could not walk away from and ever hope to gain the influence that he had over American politics. His audience would have considered him a crackpot and would never have listened to his philosophies or ideas. In the end he eventually emancipated some of his slaves, as he realized but slavery was an institution that simply could not be done away with overnight. It would have to be untied one knot at a time or his dream to turn the American colonies into a single Republic would never have happened at all, and eventually the union that finally freed the slaves never would have been created. At that time, if you didn't own slaves no one would think you were very important at all. Simple as that, sad but true.

Anyway, George Washington. George Washington was a lot more friendly with European investors with secret society leanings than his patriotic "American revolution" would ever have you believe. He fucking stole that land from that other guy, and likely from many others. That same land was later used to ironworks, hence the name "Etna", for the red glow it produced at night. So likely George did all that for his investor friends, at their behest. He was the man with the connections to make it happen.

People literally crawl across the desert to get to the greatest Country in the world that guarantees freedom. Some immigrants came to this Country with a couple of bucks in their pockets and with hard work established thriving businesses. The U.S. has programs to treat victims of domestic abuse and substance abusers. The people who live on the streets do so because they are insane and/or refuse to comply with the basic requirements of society.
So you have interviewed every single person living on the streets in the USA?

that's the only w ay you would know that and even then, it would depend on them being totally honest and upfront w/ you.. which may be difficult considering they don't know you

I think the world is very complex, and to get the best for people, and out of people, it requires a lot of work, a lot of study.

And instead we get politicians who don't care.

Instead of looking at how best to do things, they just manipulate, or take on simple ideas that simple people have decided sound great, without any evidence for it at all.
I never thought you would say anything I could agree with

When we have ordinary people always spouting on about how the homeless are crazy and drug addicts... SERIOUSLY, every single one of them!!! No exaggeration!!

It's no wonder we have problems that go on in perpetuity.

Never mind that, on top of that.. there's the thought some of us have that

crazy people are people too
drug addicts.. ditto

But I guess according to some of these hard-core "Republicans" they deserve to sleep outside when it is 25 degrees! In fact, it got even lower than that recently.. Some places it got down to 2 degrees (not speaking of Alaska either).

Why do I have to feel guilty for someone else's mental illness? I already have an autistic child who needs my help to avoid ever being there himself.

I gave you a thumbs up but I want to tell you THIS.... Regarding your hero worship of George Washington. I lived for a time in a small town called Etna just outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Well there I took the time to read some of the archives in its local historical society. It so happens that a young George Washington once laid claim to land which abutted a creek that emptied into the Allegheny River there.... But that land was already owned and worked for years by an Irish guy who ran the largest trading Post in the new world at that time. He employed Native Americans among many types of people, and was instrumental in the prosperity of many. The guy had 20 years on young George Washington. But young George Washington took him to court over it, and in no time the court which was probably staffed by George's masonic friends, ruled in favor of George and simply took the land away from the Irish guy and gave it to George. Two weeks later the Irish guy committed suicide...or DID he???
interesting. What's the proof Washington was a mason? I hear something like 40% of our presidents were

interesting. What's the proof Washington was a mason? I hear something like 40% of our presidents were
I guess if there was "proof" then it wouldn't be a secret society, would it? Yet there are a number of such groups which all have a common lineage, and who all have rich and successful people who no doubt use their "club" for profit. In fact, both Adams's were vehemently against secret societies because they saw what corruption they were capable of. They even temporarily had a law against secret societies in the new Republic, which precipitated directly from some of their closest associates being involved in it. RINO's went all the way to back Alexander Hamilton.

I guess if there was "proof" then it wouldn't be a secret society, would it? Yet there are a number of such groups which all have a common lineage, and who all have rich and successful people who no doubt use their "club" for profit. In fact, both Adams's were vehemently against secret societies because they saw what corruption they were capable of. They even temporarily had a law against secret societies in the new Republic, which precipitated directly from some of their closest associates being involved in it. RINO's went all the way to back Alexander Hamilton.
Hamilton is for the party of dimrats

big govt (centralized govt)

I never thought you would say anything I could agree with

When we have ordinary people always spouting on about how the homeless are crazy and drug addicts... SERIOUSLY, every single one of them!!! No exaggeration!!

It's no wonder we have problems that go on in perpetuity.

Never mind that, on top of that.. there's the thought some of us have that

crazy people are people too
drug addicts.. ditto

But I guess according to some of these hard-core "Republicans" they deserve to sleep outside when it is 25 degrees! In fact, it got even lower than that recently.. Some places it got down to 2 degrees (not speaking of Alaska either).

Republicans like "survival of the fittest". Why? Because they think they're fit enough to have survived and screw everyone else.

I also believe that humans need something to motivate them. I've seen kids who knew they didn't have to try. They knew the government would look after them, no matter how little effort they put into their education, or their future adult work life.

The problem here is that we need to find a balance. The world is full of balance, too much Sun, cancer, too little Sun, cancer, too much water, drown, too little water, die of thirst.
So, my thoughts on this are, aside from having a good political system with sensible politicians all coming together with sensible ideas and coming to a consensus, is that there should be no safety net in terms of unemployment benefits for people who haven't yet worked for five years.
If they can't find a job (because there are such times when 18-22 year olds start their working life in the middle of a recession) then they need to go into education, and achieve certain goals that will give them skills in jobs they might then be able to walk into.
Yes, it might cost the country some money, but it'll save money later on IF this leads to a better mentality among some young workers.

Clearly there are other ideas that might also work.

Republicans like "survival of the fittest". Why? Because they think they're fit enough to have survived and screw everyone else.

I also believe that humans need something to motivate them. I've seen kids who knew they didn't have to try. They knew the government would look after them, no matter how little effort they put into their education, or their future adult work life.

The problem here is that we need to find a balance. The world is full of balance, too much Sun, cancer, too little Sun, cancer, too much water, drown, too little water, die of thirst.
So, my thoughts on this are, aside from having a good political system with sensible politicians all coming together with sensible ideas and coming to a consensus, is that there should be no safety net in terms of unemployment benefits for people who haven't yet worked for five years.
If they can't find a job (because there are such times when 18-22 year olds start their working life in the middle of a recession) then they need to go into education, and achieve certain goals that will give them skills in jobs they might then be able to walk into.
Yes, it might cost the country some money, but it'll save money later on IF this leads to a better mentality among some young workers.

Clearly there are other ideas that might also work.
well, this sounds good and reasonable.. but

all I can say is that life is complicated and everyone is not the same and some find it easier to find work than others.. Some people give up. We don't think they should give up but they give up anyway. I think a lot of homeless people a re in that group.. those who gave up.. they think after 50 applications are denied, they will never be hired and why wouldn't they think that?

People literally crawl across the desert to get to the greatest Country in the world that guarantees freedom. Some immigrants came to this Country with a couple of bucks in their pockets and with hard work established thriving businesses. The U.S. has programs to treat victims of domestic abuse and substance abusers. The people who live on the streets do so because they are insane and/or refuse to comply with the basic requirements of society.
...or get a job to support themselves.

all I can say is that life is complicated and everyone is not the same and some find it easier to find work than others.. Some people give up. We don't think they should give up but they give up anyway. I think a lot of homeless people a re in that group.. those who gave up.. they think after 50 applications are denied, they will never be hired and why wouldn't they think that?
Especially when they receive more take-home pay from the government to NOT work. Of course, millions want more than the minimum, but millions of others believe they are owed something and are happy to lay back smoke dope and let taxpayers support them.

Another lie.

Yes, we believe that no one is entitled to anything they don't earn. We also believe in safety NETS, BUT NOT HAMMOCKS.

Rules-S.jpg

Especially when they receive more take-home pay from the government to NOT work. Of course, millions want more than the minimum, but millions of others believe they are owed something and are happy to lay back smoke dope and let taxpayers support them.
I'm weary of the stereotype. the people I've known on assistance were DISABLED.. elderly or both. Maybe there should, since we have big govt anyhow... should be some kind of program where they contact employers, put those employers in contact w/ the disabled, and the latter get hired? Even disabled people can do some things, that I know. But it is hard to get a job when employers are so persnickity, always wanting the perfect employee who had a perfect past life and etc... Those w/ a poor work record (which may not be entirely their own fault ) are out of luck. But I guess they deserve to starve, according to some ..

The thing here is that people need to understand, when they're kids, when they're in education, that their education matters.

There will always be people at the bottom of the pile. There will always be people who make bad decisions and end up living an awful life. There are ways to help them that don't involve ruining the mentality of the country.
Homeless people can be dealt with in many ways, they need to get jobs, they need accommodation, put them in basic accommodation and try and give them skills.

The thing here is that people need to understand, when they're kids, when they're in education, that their education matters.

There will always be people at the bottom of the pile. There will always be people who make bad decisions and end up living an awful life. There are ways to help them that don't involve ruining the mentality of the country.
Homeless people can be dealt with in many ways, they need to get jobs, they need accommodation, put them in basic accommodation and try and give them skills.
what if no employer will hire them?

I've seen that.. and employers don't want to hire someone who leaves blank on the application: Address

what if no employer will hire them?

I've seen that.. and employers don't want to hire someone who leaves blank on the application: Address

Which is where the government comes in. If everyone has a place to stay, with an address, then there's no problem, is there? Places for homeless people don't need to be fancy, but they can be free for those with no job, and charge a little for those with a job.

The government could also deal with mental health issues much easier by targeting such places, it could deal with drug use better in such places.
I don't have all the answers, obviously. I'm not an expert (problem is, neither are the politicians, and they don't bother to figure it out) but there are clearly easy solutions to such problems, though they cost money.

Which is where the government comes in. If everyone has a place to stay, with an address, then there's no problem, is there? Places for homeless people don't need to be fancy, but they can be free for those with no job, and charge a little for those with a job.

The government could also deal with mental health issues much easier by targeting such places, it could deal with drug use better in such places.
I don't have all the answers, obviously. I'm not an expert (problem is, neither are the politicians, and they don't bother to figure it out) but there are clearly easy solutions to such problems, though they cost money.
yeh, I agree.. (didn't think that would ever happen..)!

Govt is too busy spending $$ on... mating habits of the fruit fly.. a bridge to nowhere... electric ferries to replace a perfectly good one everyone is satisfied with (state of WA) at a cost to taxpayers of millions...

don't have time to actually help anyone who NEEDS help the most... sick country

yeh, I agree.. (didn't think that would ever happen..)!

Govt is too busy spending $$ on... mating habits of the fruit fly.. a bridge to nowhere... electric ferries to replace a perfectly good one everyone is satisfied with (state of WA) at a cost to taxpayers of millions...

don't have time to actually help anyone who NEEDS help the most... sick country

Image is everything. As long as you look good, people will vote for you. No point doing things that will have a positive impact on the future....

Forum List

Back