Is This Racist?

Is This Racist

• Total voters
The first principle in Kwanzaa emphasizes unity of race.
That can be taken both ways, good or bad to have unity by race,
but it is still "race based"
Unity of race is not racist.

Okay so is this billboard calling for unity of race?
No its calling for white pride. What exactly do whites have to be proud of that has to do with being white other than killing other people and stealing their land?

stop embarrassing other white people with your victimhood. Your white hood suits you better
I'm white?
you're embarrassing and most people when embarrassed turn white.

I misread your silly post. White victims see the world as if folks like you own the narrative -- killing others and taking land -- but the truth is every culture (race truly does not exist except as a human abstraction, a construct) has a history of killing others and taking land.

even native Americans were slaughtering each other and taking land. the nonsense put forth with myth that natives were noble is just pure nonsense

Situation ethics are always a liberal mainstay

The sign, not the author was the question. But, hey, That's just how white folks will do you ;)

The sign was what I was talking about. It's message doesn't exist in a vacuum. Context is a part of the message. Does the Bible's message have the same meaning without it's context?
Which one?

They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back. Right?

Huh?
Which passage? You're wrong and trying to fix it, but you can't.

There is not context to the billboard other than the message. It wasn't taken out of context, edited or manipulated, the message is the message.

"Everybody else has a right to be proud and I don't deny that" Do you?
What are you proud of that has to do with being white?

only minority pimps and white victims imagine the color of their skin or the color of other people's skin having a value of pride or disgrace attached to the color

you do not get credit for what past relatives have accomplished, nor do you get blame for past sins

The KKK are typical white people?

The question was "Is this sign racist"?

Because the KKK is responsible for the message on this billboard, the answer is: Yes, it's racist. By knowing the context and reading between the lines, the sign is code for "black people are inferior, etc.".

Were it some weird white people who are proud of their race who paid for the sign, and they had no problems with other races, then, no, the sign wouldn't be racist.
Situation ethics are always a liberal mainstay

The sign, not the author was the question. But, hey, That's just how white folks will do you ;)

The sign was what I was talking about. It's message doesn't exist in a vacuum. Context is a part of the message. Does the Bible's message have the same meaning without it's context?
Which one?

Huh?

There is not context to the billboard other than the message. It wasn't taken out of context, edited or manipulated, the message is the message.

The Bible in it's entirety and each passage taken alone does not exist in a vacuum. There is context to every act of communication.

If you want to read the billboard literally, on its face value alone, you can. But it's a message from a white, racist, hate organization and therefore it is a racist message. Simple.

Everyone has a right feel proud and I don't deny that? What do you mean?

Everyone has the right to be racists. Doesn't make it any less prejudicial, hateful, or bigotted.

No its calling for white pride. What exactly do whites have to be proud of that has to do with being white other than killing other people and stealing their land?

stop embarrassing other white people with your victimhood. Your white hood suits you better
I'm white?

I misread your silly post. White victims see the world as if folks like you own the narrative -- killing others and taking land -- but the truth is every culture (race truly does not exist except as a human abstraction, a construct) has a history of killing others and taking land.

even native Americans were slaughtering each other and taking land. the nonsense put forth with myth that natives were noble is just pure nonsense
I dont know anyone that turns white when embarrassed. I know some that turn red.

The truth is that of the all the races/cultures, whites have historically been the predominant race that have killed other races/cultures and stolen land. Doesnt matter what NA's did to each other. My brother and i used to fight all the time but we were still brothers. Whites come from outside of the family, kill and steal land. Big difference.

kkk2n-1-web.jpg

KKK Billboard Causes Stir - Ozarksfirst
Of course its racist. The KKK is behind it dummy.

Okay so you are talking about the slogan underneath.
That is different from the billboard part that says loving your people by race.

So let's get this straight:
* is it okay for blacks to rally black power, pride and unity based on that
and is it okay for whites to do the same
* is it okay for blacks and whites both to talk about "loving their own people by race"

And as for what do whites have to be proud of based on what you listed,
that's like saying what do blacks have to be proud of if "all they do is kill each other, steal and push drugs"

If you say that blacks can be proud of Dr. King and Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and other leaders as role models
Can't you say that whites can be proud of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and other great leaders as role models, too?

You can pick apart both the good and the bad,
you can say that it isn't because of race that makes these people great.

So what? Doesn't it come out even in the end,
that as much good as bad comes from any group or any person.

I have as many faults as strengths, some can be tied to my culture
from my parents and upbringing, and some come from my environment.

Why focus on the negative and get resentful, why not focus on the good that empowers
people to strive to be the best we can be, and learn from both the good and the bad we have inherited from the past.

Why this need to project onto race or religion to blame some other group outside ourselves?

I'm white?

I dont know anyone that turns white when embarrassed. I know some that turn red.

The truth is that of the all the races/cultures, whites have historically been the predominant race that have killed other races/cultures and stolen land. Doesnt matter what NA's did to each other. My brother and i used to fight all the time but we were still brothers. Whites come from outside of the family, kill and steal land. Big difference.

oh they turn white after the blood rushes out of their bodies

Which one?

Huh?

only minority pimps and white victims imagine the color of their skin or the color of other people's skin having a value of pride or disgrace attached to the color

you do not get credit for what past relatives have accomplished, nor do you get blame for past sins
I dont look for credit for past accomplishments. I have pride in being Black due to our survival under extraordinary circumstances. Only someone ignorant of that dynamic would think otherwise.

wrong

you're just another imbecile on an anonymous message board

No, it's not Racist.

It would only be racists to Zero Sum types who think that if one loves one thing, one must hate whatever is different.

Better question...is USMB a racist forum?

Best Answer: OF COURSE IT IS!

Of course its racist. The KKK is behind it dummy.

Okay so you are talking about the slogan underneath.
That is different from the billboard part that says loving your people by race.

So let's get this straight:
* is it okay for blacks to rally black power, pride and unity based on that
and is it okay for whites to do the same
* is it okay for blacks and whites both to talk about "loving their own people by race"

And as for what do whites have to be proud of based on what you listed,
that's like saying what do blacks have to be proud of if "all they do is kill each other, steal and push drugs"

If you say that blacks can be proud of Dr. King and Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and other leaders as role models
Can't you say that whites can be proud of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and other great leaders as role models, too?

You can pick apart both the good and the bad,
you can say that it isn't because of race that makes these people great.

So what? Doesn't it come out even in the end,
that as much good as bad comes from any group or any person.

I have as many faults as strengths, some can be tied to my culture
from my parents and upbringing, and some come from my environment.

Why focus on the negative and get resentful, why not focus on the good that empowers
people to strive to be the best we can be, and learn from both the good and the bad we have inherited from the past.

Why this need to project onto race or religion to blame some other group outside ourselves?
I'm saying that its ok for Blacks to be proud of Black leaders because they made an impact inspite of being Black and discriminated against. What hardship has a white person gone through simply because they were white and still achieved?

Whites come from outside of the family, kill and steal land. Big difference.

This is like saying Blacks enslave and oppress each other, steal from each other,
refuse to invest in each other, and then complain like victims when they can't get ahead but stay stuck in poverty.

Great. Now how are we going to fix this mess?

I'm white?

That only happens to white people.

Which one?

Huh?

I dont look for credit for past accomplishments. I have pride in being Black due to our survival under extraordinary circumstances. Only someone ignorant of that dynamic would think otherwise.

you cannot claim pride in what others have accomplished. The old negroes never whined as much as people like you. The whiners never accomplish anything.

Using your logic and argument you May as well say Daughters of the American Revolution are more American than their peers simply because their ancestors fought

good grief, you must have majored in some ethnic studies program. sad.

I'm white?

\
blacks turn ashen white

true story

Whites come from outside of the family, kill and steal land. Big difference.

This is like saying Blacks enslave and oppress each other, steal from each other,
refuse to invest in each other, and then complain like victims when they can't get ahead but stay stuck in poverty.

Great. Now how are we going to fix this mess?
Exactly. People can do whatever to each other. That doesnt give whites license to step in from outside and do the same thing.. Thats a choice whites made.

you cannot claim pride in what others have accomplished. The old negroes never whined as much as people like you. The whiners never accomplish anything.

Using your logic and argument you May as well say Daughters of the American Revolution are more American than their peers simply because their ancestors fought

good grief, you must have majored in some ethnic studies program. sad.
I can claim whatever I want to. You dont dictate that. Older Blacks understood the inherent cognative dissonance in whites so they didnt waste their time complaining. More Blacks should get back to that. Your last sentence shows your complete lack of reading comprehension as to why I am proud of my Black people.

I'm white?

\
blacks turn ashen white

true story
Only when there is no lotion around and the air lacks moisture. Has nothing to do with embarrassment.

Forum List

Back