Is this a fair representative of Christianity?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Do you see the word "church" in here:

"Full Definition of SACRAMENT
a : a Christian rite (as baptism or the Eucharist) that is believed to have been ordained by Christ and that is held to be a means of divine grace or to be a sign or symbol of a spiritual reality
b : a religious rite or observance comparable to a Christian sacrament "

?

Nope. You don't. Now go sit down, you piece of shit. You need to look up words before you presume to tell people what they mean.

You people do need to die.

Sacrament Definition of sacrament by Merriam-Webster

that's a bit harsh

people need to die for posting the dictionary definition of a word....

churches (all) are full of needless rituals designed to bring tons of money in and create conformity

You're trying to say a sacrament defines Christianity?

:cuckoo:
No. I was talking about this part:

"Nope. You don't. Now go sit down, you piece of shit. You need to look up words before you presume to tell people what they mean.

You people do need to die."

I included the entire post to include context.

"Nope. You don't. Now go sit down, you piece of shit. You need to look up words before you presume to tell people what they mean.

Oh, so you're butt hurt. Carry on
Not at all. I'm curious to know if that is a fair representative of Christianity.

The 7 Catholic Sacraments

jezuz krist there's 7 of them
I've done them all but anointing the sick and holy orders.
well get off your ass or it's hell for you.

or is getting baptized your get out of hell free card?

been to so many different churches, it's hard to keep all that straight.
The only get out of jail card (for Catholics anyway) is penance. But you have to mean it.

For other Christian sects, as long as you accept Jesus as your savior you can pretty much do as you please.

Not at all. I'm curious to know if that is a fair representative of Christianity.

The only get out of jail card (for Catholics anyway) is penance. But you have to mean it.

For other Christian sects, as long as you accept Jesus as your savior you can pretty much do as you please.

You have no idea what you're blabbering about. It's fools like you that make me laugh....and roll my eyes.

yea that's right

catholics have to go to confession, lutherans do a group ritual

yea that's right

catholics have to go to confession, lutherans do a group ritual
Yeah, dumped in the water, lol.

weird she thinks every marriage is necessarily considered a religious sacrament?

No, it's not. Marriage is a sacrament BEFORE GOD and it can take place anywhere, and any marriage IS a sacrament. If it isn't, it's sacrilege.

Get it yet? YOU DON'T DICTATE OUR RELIGION TO US.

religions don't get to dictate the terms of civilian legal contracts.

"Get it yet? YOU DON'T DICTATE YOUR RELIGION TO US."

"Now go sit down, you piece of shit. You need to look up words before you presume to tell people what they mean.

not a good representative of Christianity, no...

think-4.jpg

koshergrl

You have no idea what you're blabbering about. It's fools like you that make me laugh....and roll my eyes.

Oh...I thought it was the bath salts doing that to you.

The court’s ruling makes clear that clergy and religious organizations are not obliged to perform same-sex marriages, but some groups have expressed concerns about their tax-exempt status.

...in the past two decades, several other religious groups have moved to allow same-sex couples to marry within their traditions. This includes the Reform and Conservative Jewish movements, the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ.

And the list is growing: Clergy from the Episcopal Church will be able to perform same-sex marriage ceremonies after the church’s General Convention approved a new definition of marriage this week. Another mainline Protestant denomination, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), voted to formally sanction same-sex marriage earlier this year.

Where Christian churches other religions stand on gay marriage Pew Research Center

Forum List

Back