Is there really any point?

tenor? you want to talk tenor??? you are the asshole who called him batshit crazy or dumb as a box of shit? take your tenor and shove it up your ass whydonchya? he has valid worries and you sure as fuck don't have any moral ground to stand on.

Please name ONE VALID worry that this idiot has.
Please show us all some proof the "idiot" actually exists, and said what is alleged. Right now, there's no reason to believe it's not just a fiction, created to advance a stereotype.

Regardless of fiction or not, the poster I was responding to, believes this idiot not only exists, but that he has valid worries. So, let's try and determine what these VALID worries are, shall we?

Someone could have pointed out to him that probably half (or so) of the people who voted for the bill are over 70--including Pelosi!

They would also have to point out that all of the assholes that voted for this farce of a bill aren't going to be part of this health care destruction......... they have their very own "special" health care. Just as they have very special retirement benefits.

Please name ONE VALID worry that this idiot has.
Please show us all some proof the "idiot" actually exists, and said what is alleged. Right now, there's no reason to believe it's not just a fiction, created to advance a stereotype.

Regardless of fiction or not, the poster I was responding to, believes this idiot not only exists, but that he has valid worries. So, let's try and determine what these VALID worries are, shall we?
If PC is projecting, that's a debate.

I want some proof this "idiot" actually exists, and some proof of what was said. Otherwise I call bullshit.

I want some proof this "idiot" actually exists, and some proof of what was said. Otherwise I call bullshit.

So, in turn, you are calling the VALID worries, BULLSHIT?

Are there valid worries?

I call bullshit on the stereotype. I call bullshit on the thread premise.

Are there valid worries?

I call bullshit on the stereotype. I call bullshit on the thread premise.

You DID read the concerns of the 70 year old in the OP's message, yes? The poster I was responding to, called these "valid worries". Do you agree that they are?

How can the country have a serious conversation about anything, let alone healthcare with shit like this?
The goal of anyone who wishes to destroy democracy in any society is to insure that there is never a serious conversation about issues. The best way to manage that is to dumb down the society in question.
As an example I'll posit two questions with answers
1 - Is the cost of healthcare a serious issue? Yes.
2 - Can the government mandate a solution? Probably not.

I doubt any discussion would get any serious debate on the first point, but a lot of people will disagree on the second. Almost every issue faced by the nation is complex, and simple solutions will not work. Most people lack the ability to follow complex chains of reasoning, so they revert to simple terms like 'common sense' to give themselves a sense of adequacy. Unfortunately the less informed a person is on a subject the more apt they are to have an unbending stance. So you get factionalism as people on opposite sides of a debate take their ground and remain despite any evidence to the contrary. I saw a recent study that evidence which refutes a notion is often reworked to reinforce said notion by people too obstinate to admit they could be wrong.

1) If anything is fiction it is this bogus 'report' of this ever happening on the airwaves.. as stated, if this were on there, it would have been splattered all over the net by now

I am just discussing what is in the thread if you can prove the report false by all means do so. If you can't prove it false then your opinion is only that.

are you mental?? I presented MY OPINION that it was a waste of money to travel thousands of miles to protest something that isn't REAL. The point of my opinion is that he was lied to by the right and said that he went there for this reason that turned out not to be REAL. I said nothing about denying him any right to spend his money i merely stated that I thought it was a waste based on that he traveled so far to protest something that was not in the bill.

3) What was being protested was many things.. including the expansion of government into areas it has no business in, to mandated coverage, to wealth redistribution of non-contributors getting benefit at the expense of contributors....

and yet this gentleman stated why he was there so your spin is invalid but thanks for playing.

1) Already addressed

so you can't prove your claim that it's bogus but you stand behind your claim despite not being able to prove it? LOL

2) There are real and valid concerns.. so your so-called point is anything but
not about the "being forced to take a pill and 70 and die" there isn't but thanks for the spin.

3) And yet #1 it is not a validated happening... #2 the possibility of an opposition plant (as seen many times) is there... and #3 most of the people protesting do not say such 'out there' things

#1 it is still a topic to be discussed or else why are you here and you have offered no proof showing it didn't happen despite claiming that it didn't. #2 It is possible that it is a plant and based on your own logic it is just as possible that it actually happened. Why do you choose to believe that it didn't happen but that if it did it could have been a plant? That seems kind of biased to me. #3 Have you seen the signs being held up and heard things being said at these protests?? That would tend to counter your claim.

And what I said is not spin.. I am not trying to change the supposed quote or anything else... I am giving you the reality in contrast to the unsubstantiated spin that was set forth as this thread was started

How can you claim to be "giving the reality" when you only offer your own unsubstantiated OPINION that it was "bogus"?? That's NOT reality.

Oh and BTW I didn't see an actual response to how I shot down your spin about "It is not up to you to determine what is 'wasting money' for individuals when it is there money" when I never suggested that the individual couldn't choose where to spend his own money. LOL Face it, you presented a "bogus" argument and it got shot down.

I haven't bothered to type this up yet, but last week I was listening to the POTUS XM coverage of the Tea Party thing in DC with Bachmann et al.

There was a gentleman there who had traveled several thousand miles to attend the event. He was there because as he said, "As I understand it, there is a part in this bill that forces anyone over the age of seventy to take a pill that will immediately kill them."

When the XM reporter said that "he thinks that was one of the disproven attacks" on the bill, the gentleman responded that "people he trusted on radio said that Democrats were going to sneak it in right before the vote and that since he was over seventy, he did not want to die."

The guy was being honest and forthright, he was just either insane, or dumb as a box of shit. How can the country have a serious conversation about anything, let alone healthcare with shit like this?

I hope this clears it up my little pointy headed friend.

"...in the spring of 1972, at Tulane University...students asked Alinsky to help plan a protest of a scheduled speech by George H. W. Bush, then U.S. representative to the United Nations - a speech likely to include a defense of the Nixon administration's Vietnam War policies. The students told Alinsky they were thinking about picketing or disrupting Bush's address. That's the wrong approach, he rejoined, not very creative - and besides causing a disruption might get them thrown out of school. He told them, instead, to go to hear the speech dressed as members of the Ku Klux Klan, and whenever Bush said something in defense of the Vietnam War, they should cheer and wave placards reading, ‘The KKK supports Bush.' And that is what they did, with very successful, attention-getting results." -- "Let Them Call Me Rebel" by Sanford D. Horwitt

Last edited:
I am just discussing what is in the thread if you can prove the report false by all means do so. If you can't prove it false then your opinion is only that.

are you mental?? I presented MY OPINION that it was a waste of money to travel thousands of miles to protest something that isn't REAL. The point of my opinion is that he was lied to by the right and said that he went there for this reason that turned out not to be REAL. I said nothing about denying him any right to spend his money i merely stated that I thought it was a waste based on that he traveled so far to protest something that was not in the bill.

and yet this gentleman stated why he was there so your spin is invalid but thanks for playing.

1) Already addressed

so you can't prove your claim that it's bogus but you stand behind your claim despite not being able to prove it? LOL

not about the "being forced to take a pill and 70 and die" there isn't but thanks for the spin.

3) And yet #1 it is not a validated happening... #2 the possibility of an opposition plant (as seen many times) is there... and #3 most of the people protesting do not say such 'out there' things

#1 it is still a topic to be discussed or else why are you here and you have offered no proof showing it didn't happen despite claiming that it didn't. #2 It is possible that it is a plant and based on your own logic it is just as possible that it actually happened. Why do you choose to believe that it didn't happen but that if it did it could have been a plant? That seems kind of biased to me. #3 Have you seen the signs being held up and heard things being said at these protests?? That would tend to counter your claim.

And what I said is not spin.. I am not trying to change the supposed quote or anything else... I am giving you the reality in contrast to the unsubstantiated spin that was set forth as this thread was started

How can you claim to be "giving the reality" when you only offer your own unsubstantiated OPINION that it was "bogus"?? That's NOT reality.

Oh and BTW I didn't see an actual response to how I shot down your spin about "It is not up to you to determine what is 'wasting money' for individuals when it is there money" when I never suggested that the individual couldn't choose where to spend his own money. LOL Face it, you presented a "bogus" argument and it got shot down.

1) The validity is in question since it was not cited in the first place and in addition... if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and smells like a duck, it usually is a duck.. not to mention the urden of proof being on the person who originally cited the 'quote' in question
2) Since the validity is in question... so is the stupid alleged 'quote'... and other concerns are indeed VALID
3) We have seen plants before in just such occurrences... and it is a valid possibility, though the greater possibility is that this is another conjured up piece of bullshit, just as the Rush "quotes" were
4) Have you seen the occasional whack-job sign at the code pinko rally's or other leftist protests?? You want to attribute that to 'valid' concerns or the thought of the vast majority of the group?
5) Your bogus support for an unsubstantiated claim is what has been shot down... not to mention what you deemed as a waste, yet never seemed to hold the same standard to those doing it for your side

You sir, are in the vast company of other winger leftist idiots that have been growing on this board

1) Already addressed

1) The validity is in question since it was not cited in the first place and in addition... if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and smells like a duck, it usually is a duck.. not to mention the urden of proof being on the person who originally cited the 'quote' in question

so you still can't substantiate your claim. Thanks for the admission in spin form. LOL Fact is that he posted that for discussion and YOU claimed it was bogus when you know that you can't prove that it is. If you can't prove it then why state it??

2) Since the validity is in question... so is the stupid alleged 'quote'... and other concerns are indeed VALID
OTHER concerns are valid but what does that have to do with the topic of the thread?? NOTHING. The reason given is NOT valid any OTHER concerns that are not listed but instead dreamed up by you are NOT VALID to this discussion. Thanks again for the spin.

3) We have seen plants before in just such occurrences... and it is a valid possibility, though the greater possibility is that this is another conjured up piece of bullshit, just as the Rush "quotes" were
why are you arguing something that i agreed with?? Yes it is possible that it was a plant but based on YOUR OWN logic it is also possible that it was real. it's funny how you CHOOSE to only accept one side of the possibilities.

4) Have you seen the occasional whack-job sign at the code pinko rally's or other leftist protests?? You want to attribute that to 'valid' concerns or the thought of the vast majority of the group?

What do other raliies have to do with what we are talking about?? NOTHING just more spin from you.

Your bogus support for an unsubstantiated claim is what has been shot down... not to mention what you deemed as a waste, yet never seemed to hold the same standard to those doing it for your side You sir, are in the vast company of other winger leftist idiots that have been growing on this board

The only thing you accomplished in the thread is make yourself look foolish as you tried to present your onesided opinion as if it were fact when you know that it's NOT. Then to end it all you try to assign something to me that i NEVER said (again). If those protesting on the left state that they are there to SPECIFICALLY protest something that is NOT REAL then they too wasted their money to travel a few thousand miles to protest something that was not REAL.
But then that really has NOTHING to do with the topic of this thread and is nothing more than a dishonest attempt by you to falsely attribute something that I did not say to me so you can attack me. seems to be a pattern with you. Aftrer all I already called you out once for doing it and here you are doing it again. Imagine that.

Last edited:
You DID read the concerns of the 70 year old in the OP's message, yes?
I read the "concerns" of the alleged 70 year-old in the anecdotal, nonsensical, stereotype-advancing OP, yes.

The question was, are they valid concerns. A point you sort of missed somehow in your straining to cherry-pick.

When someone shows me the 70 year old is real, and valid, and actually said what is alleged, then I might address what he said and if it's valid or not.

Get it yet?

Forum List

Back