Is there really any point?

We're asked to debate this anecdotal nonsense without any source, any links, any audio, nothing?

Anecdotal nonsense. There really IS no point, to answer the question.

1) If anything is fiction it is this bogus 'report' of this ever happening on the airwaves.. as stated, if this were on there, it would have been splattered all over the net by now

You can believe what you please, I can only tell you what I heard and you can decide whether or not to believe me. It was on XM's POTUS 130 channel around the noon hour. It was some beat reporter doing interviews prior to Michelle Bachmann taking the stage.

And as stated (as a Sirius subscriber from the beginning).. if something controversial is stated, it is splattercast in no time.. whether it be in Patriot, or Left, or POTUS, or whatever other channel.. I seriously doubt the validity of this claim

valid worries??? How can you have "valid worries" when the primary thing that you are worried about is nothing but a fictional peice of propaganda spewed by the right to scare people into being against the bill and wasting their hard earned money to travel thousands of miles to protest something that isn't actually in the bill??

1) If anything is fiction it is this bogus 'report' of this ever happening on the airwaves.. as stated, if this were on there, it would have been splattered all over the net by now

I am just discussing what is in the thread if you can prove the report false by all means do so. If you can't prove it false then your opinion is only that.

2) It is not up to you to determine what is 'wasting money' for individuals when it is there money. I did not hear any 'wasting money' talk when a bunch of lefties protested everything from the war, to Bush, to the Patriot Act... I don't care if they spend their money traveling to protest or shoving sticks of butter up their asses or getting tattoos on 95% of their body... it is their money and their business

are you mental?? I presented MY OPINION that it was a waste of money to travel thousands of miles to protest something that isn't REAL. The point of my opinion is that he was lied to by the right and said that he went there for this reason that turned out not to be REAL. I said nothing about denying him any right to spend his money i merely stated that I thought it was a waste based on that he traveled so far to protest something that was not in the bill.

3) What was being protested was many things.. including the expansion of government into areas it has no business in, to mandated coverage, to wealth redistribution of non-contributors getting benefit at the expense of contributors....

and yet this gentleman stated why he was there so your spin is invalid but thanks for playing.

1) Already addressed
2) There are real and valid concerns.. so your so-called point is anything but
3) And yet #1 it is not a validated happening... #2 the possibility of an opposition plant (as seen many times) is there... and #3 most of the people protesting do not say such 'out there' things

And what I said is not spin.. I am not trying to change the supposed quote or anything else... I am giving you the reality in contrast to the unsubstantiated spin that was set forth as this thread was started

We're asked to debate this anecdotal nonsense without any source, any links, any audio, nothing?

That's the beauty of talk radio. It is difficult to source a single exchange without a lot of work which leaves them fairly free to say what they want with little fear of it coming back on them.

If you wanted to quickly source a 10 second exchange that Jerry Doyle made with a caller on Monday, October 26th during the first half of his second hour, how would you go about it?

That's the beauty of talk radio. It is difficult to source a single exchange without a lot of work which leaves them fairly free to say what they want with little fear of it coming back on them.

If you wanted to quickly source a 10 second exchange that Jerry Doyle made with a caller on Monday, October 26th during the first half of his second hour, how would you go about it?
I wouldn't start a thread about it without some kind of sourcing. Would you?

That's the point.

Without some source, it's just anecdotal nonsense. "I heard this and went wow" means we have to take the OP's word for it, which is anecdotal.

Correct?

well why don't you explain to the guy what 500 billion dollars in cuts to medicare are going to do to seniors healthcare! then explain why the emocrats refuse to all verification of citizenship. whydonchya? bobby

That really has nothing to do with the thread, which is more a thread about the tenor of politics, rather than the word by word of the bill, though if you want to start a separate thread, that would be fine. In short, from what I can tell, the biggest cuts in medicare are trying to reign in inefficency and waste, something I thought most people could agree on. As far as the citizenship goes, I find the whole argument ridculous.

tenor? you want to talk tenor??? you are the asshole who called him batshit crazy or dumb as a box of shit? take your tenor and shove it up your ass whydonchya? he has valid worries and you sure as fuck don't have any moral ground to stand on.

Ummmmmmm...sorry but

If he traveled several thousand miles to protest because he thinks someone is going to give a pill to kill people over seventy....he is batshit crazy

The ones he should be protesting are the right wingnuts who conduct this fear mongering.
He can start with Sarah Palin

Last edited:

That's the point.

Without some source, it's just anecdotal nonsense. "I heard this and went wow" means we have to take the OP's word for it, which is anecdotal.

Correct?

Correct. I searched around, but not surprisingly, the 15 seconds of interview on a rarely listened to channel in midday was hard to source.

So yeah, either you can take my word on it, or not, either way its no skin off my back.

That's the point.

Correct?

Sourcing is always preferred, but not necessary. It's an internet message board after all, not court. People are free to bring up any topic for discussion that they wish with any level of supporting material they want. If people take exception to the lack of supporting material, they don't have to participate in the thread.

That's the point.

Correct?

Correct. I searched around, but not surprisingly, the 15 seconds of interview on a rarely listened to channel in midday was hard to source.

So yeah, either you can take my word on it, or not, either way its no skin off my back.
Just so long as you're not seriously asking for serious debate on some anecdotal nonsense, we're all good.

I haven't bothered to type this up yet, but last week I was listening to the POTUS XM coverage of the Tea Party thing in DC with Bachmann et al.

There was a gentleman there who had traveled several thousand miles to attend the event. He was there because as he said, "As I understand it, there is a part in this bill that forces anyone over the age of seventy to take a pill that will immediately kill them."

When the XM reporter said that "he thinks that was one of the disproven attacks" on the bill, the gentleman responded that "people he trusted on radio said that Democrats were going to sneak it in right before the vote and that since he was over seventy, he did not want to die."

The guy was being honest and forthright, he was just either insane, or dumb as a box of shit. How can the country have a serious conversation about anything, let alone healthcare with shit like this?

well why don't you explain to the guy what 500 billion dollars in cuts to medicare are going to do to seniors healthcare! then explain why the emocrats refuse to all verification of citizenship. whydonchya? bobby

Why don't you at least TRY to stay on topic? Hell, you are the first responder to the OP's post, and you STILL can't stay on topic? Do you have ADD? ADHD? Political hack? What?

That's the point.

Correct?

Sourcing is always preferred, but not necessary. It's an internet message board after all, not court. People are free to bring up any topic for discussion that they wish with any level of supporting material they want. If people take exception to the lack of supporting material, they don't have to participate in the thread.
I participate by pointing out it's anecdotal nonsense, and therefore not worthy of debate, and move on.

To those such as yourself who obviously didn't understand that, I might stick around to elucidate further.

he has valid worries and you sure as fuck don't have any moral ground to stand on.

Really, if his worries are valid, I'm sure you could easily point out which part of the bill as passed would murder anyone over the age of 70.

I already did.

Where did you cite the part of the bill that supports this?

"As I understand it, there is a part in this bill that forces anyone over the age of seventy to take a pill that will immediately kill them."

You're full of crap.

That's the point.

Correct?

I participate by pointing out it's anecdotal nonsense, and therefore not worthy of debate, and move on.

To those such as yourself who obviously didn't understand that, I might stick around to elucidate further.

Well la-de-fricking-da. I'm impressed. Happy now?

I am gratified that I was able to educate you today.

I am gratified that I was able to educate you today.

Thank you. Even the little dust sweepings of education help. :lol:
Even when they're inaccurately seen and labeled as such, they're still helpful and positive.

Remember, there are only two structures: The structure that grows, and the structure that dies. When we stop learning, we start dying intellectually, my Son.

Carry on.

That really has nothing to do with the thread, which is more a thread about the tenor of politics, rather than the word by word of the bill, though if you want to start a separate thread, that would be fine. In short, from what I can tell, the biggest cuts in medicare are trying to reign in inefficency and waste, something I thought most people could agree on. As far as the citizenship goes, I find the whole argument ridculous.

tenor? you want to talk tenor??? you are the asshole who called him batshit crazy or dumb as a box of shit? take your tenor and shove it up your ass whydonchya? he has valid worries and you sure as fuck don't have any moral ground to stand on.

Please name ONE VALID worry that this idiot has.

Please name ONE VALID worry that this idiot has.
Please show us all some proof the "idiot" actually exists, and said what is alleged. Right now, there's no reason to believe it's not just a fiction, created to advance a stereotype.

Forum List

Back