Is there or i'snt there a tax break for going abroad

There is no offshoring tax break. The tax code taxes profits, not revenues. Expenses reduce profits and thus reduce taxes. Liberals are arguing that expenses are tax breaks. That's silly. A tax break is a specific targeted provision in the tax code. There is no tax break for offshoring, unless liberals want to argue that paying wages or expensing depreciation or buying inputs are also tax breaks. But then, they'd reinforce that they are clueless on business and the economy.

Okay. fine.

YOu cannot claim moving your factory out of the country as a business expense. You cannot claim a salary paid to a foreigner as a business expense.

I still like my idea of taking out commercials showing the pictures of outsourcers and letting average folks know who these rats are...You know, kind of a Megan's law for outsourcers.

^^^^^^^^^^^
And the Left wonders why they are accused of economic ignorance.

Yes, businesses are just dying to invest in hostile jurisdictions.

Again, it works on the assumption we let them get away with their bad behavior.

Instead of protecting our workers and markets, just like the rest of the world does.

Like I said, taking economic advice from you Wall Street Assholes is like taking nutrition advice from Jeff Dahmner...

Yes, we do have clean air in this country, but it did not come cheap. Millions of people lost their jobs in our drive for clean air and water. I am not so sure they are as pleased with the results as you are. However, as a liberal, you probably think of them as the chaff that needed to be sacrified for the greater good.

Blaming job losses on insisting on clean air and water is like blaming rape victims for not dressing like Quakers.

The EVIL here is the asshole who decided, "Shit, I could comply with these laws because it's the right thing to do, or I can move my factory to a third world hell hole where they let me dump shit into the air and water as long as I keep bribing their officials. And screw that, if they get a limb sawed off or get cancer, well, gee, that's just more profit for me."

We need to stop worshipping these people. They are not worthy of it.

Okay. fine.

YOu cannot claim moving your factory out of the country as a business expense. You cannot claim a salary paid to a foreigner as a business expense.

I still like my idea of taking out commercials showing the pictures of outsourcers and letting average folks know who these rats are...You know, kind of a Megan's law for outsourcers.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Instead of protecting our workers and markets, just like the rest of the world does.

Like I said, taking economic advice from you Wall Street Assholes is like taking nutrition advice from Jeff Dahmner...

Not investing there. Sorry. I'm shutting your job down and moving it to where I don't feel physically threatened. And lots of people will follow me. Bye.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Not investing there. Sorry. I'm shutting your job down and moving it to where I don't feel physically threatened. And lots of people will follow me. Bye.

Too bad when we don't let your products back in after you do it.

Actually, what I'm seeing is the tide is turning. All these companies fell all over themselves to move to China, and are getting huge delays, quality issues and other sorts of problems...

But again, the real problem is, we didn't send 10,000 bankster and investors to Big Boy Jail when they crashed the economy. We didn't "threaten" these fucks enough, which is why they did what they did.

If you move a factory from Indiana to Alabama, you get a tax writeoff.

If you move that same factory from Indiana to China, you get the same tax writeoff.

It would not be difficult to take away the latter and keep the former.

The same write off moving to China huh? A link would be nice, because that sounds like complete BS.

Actually, what I'm seeing is the tide is turning. All these companies fell all over themselves to move to China, and are getting huge delays, quality issues and other sorts of problems...

But again, the real problem is, we didn't send 10,000 bankster and investors to Big Boy Jail when they crashed the economy. We didn't "threaten" these fucks enough, which is why they did what they did.

I blame Obama and Democrats for letting them off the hook. Bernie Madoff swindled some wealthy private investors and will rot in prison. The Wall Street banksters swindled millions of Americans out of their jobs, their hard earned nest eggs, crashed the economy and they got bonuses.

Now, with Republicans heading House committees, they are trying to take away the benefits and safety net from those millions of Americans who lost their jobs due to no fault of their own. Then, they have the nerve to call them moochers and lazy.

How Financial Criminalization Crashed the Economy, and the Culprits Got Off Scot-Free

It is no exaggeration to say that since the 1980s, much of the American (and global) financial sector has become criminalized, creating an industry culture that tolerates or even encourages systematic fraud. The behavior that caused the mortgage bubble and financial crisis was a natural outcome and continuation of this pattern, rather than some kind of economic accident.

It is important to understand that this behavior really is seriously criminal. We are not talking about neglecting some bureaucratic formality. We are talking about deliberate concealment of financial transactions that aided terrorism, nuclear weapons proliferation, and large-scale tax evasion; assisting in concealment of criminal assets and activities by others; and directly committing frauds that substantially worsened the worst financial bubbles and crises since the Depression.

None of this conduct was punished in any significant way. On November 7, 2011, the New York Times published an article based on its own review of major banks' settlements of SEC lawsuits since 1996. The Times' analysis found fifty-one cases in which major banks had settled cases involving securities fraud, after having previously been caught violating the same law, and then promising the SEC not to do so again.

One that confounds good and evil is an enemy to good.
Edmund Burke

Last edited:

Except that you will let my products back in. You can fantasize about this Workers Paradise all you want komrade, where everyone is promised gold bars and unicorns, and the sky is red and all that. But the world does not work that way. I'm sure that when you're unemployed because nobody will invest and everything costs twice as much, you'll still find a way to blame the evil capitalists.

It's also getting more expensive in China. The answer is to remain on the cutting edge of innovation, not cower in a shell and wimper about the big bad scary world, like you're doing.

I agree, Obama didn't do enough to prosecute these guys, when he should have.

And that's the problem. Regardless of who gets in, these guys have so much political power they are untouchable. It's a common story, a small group gets too much power, leaving the rest with nothing. France, Russia, Cuba, Iran. And then they wonder when things go nuts.

I sometimes think the only difference between Obama and Romney is if we are going to go over the cliff in a walk or a sprint.

And that's the problem. Regardless of who gets in, these guys have so much political power they are untouchable. It's a common story, a small group gets too much power, leaving the rest with nothing. France, Russia, Cuba, Iran. And then they wonder when things go nuts.

I sometimes think the only difference between Obama and Romney is if we are going to go over the cliff in a walk or a sprint.

What exactly did Obama do enough of in his first four years? Other than dividing our Nation.

Except that you will let my products back in. You can fantasize about this Workers Paradise all you want komrade, where everyone is promised gold bars and unicorns, and the sky is red and all that. But the world does not work that way. I'm sure that when you're unemployed because nobody will invest and everything costs twice as much, you'll still find a way to blame the evil capitalists.

It's also getting more expensive in China. The answer is to remain on the cutting edge of innovation, not cower in a shell and wimper about the big bad scary world, like you're doing.

You know what, guy.

I like breathing clean air.

I like drinking clean water.

I like the fact that at my plant, we make sure we are complying with all OSHA regulations and don't have unsafe equipment or untrained operators.

And I like getting a decent wage, even though it wasn't as good as the one I was getting before you pindicks crashed the economy.

How come when you guys talk about getting more competitive, it's never the wealthy who have to do with less.

Point being, CEO's in Japan, Germany, etc. don't make the obscene salaries that American CEO's do.

Bunch of commies...

What exactly did Obama do enough of in his first four years? Other than dividing our Nation.

Yeah, how dare he do that...

Um, what did he do to "divide" you from the rest of us, exactly?

You know what, guy.

I like breathing clean air.

I like drinking clean water.

I like the fact that at my plant, we make sure we are complying with all OSHA regulations and don't have unsafe equipment or untrained operators.

And I like getting a decent wage, even though it wasn't as good as the one I was getting before you pindicks crashed the economy.

How come when you guys talk about getting more competitive, it's never the wealthy who have to do with less.

Point being, CEO's in Japan, Germany, etc. don't make the obscene salaries that American CEO's do.

Bunch of commies...

The Deflection King does his thing!

As if you threatening people has anything to do with clean air.

You can play dumb all you want... He has done nothing but divide America along racial, and economic lines.

Actually, that's kind of what it took.

Nixon didn't create the EPA and OSHA because he was such a swell guy.

He did it because there were riots in the streets and he was calming people down.

Of course, compared to Romney, Nixon was a saint.

You can play dumb all you want... He has done nothing but divide America along racial, and economic lines.

Funny, the only division I've seen is when the wealthy decided they were going to get their money back on the backs of the rest of us...

He did it because there were riots in the streets and he was calming people down.

Show us all the riots around The Clean Air Act. We'll wait. Thanks.

Show us all the riots around The Clean Air Act. We'll wait. Thanks.

You didn't live through that time period. People were just as angry over environmental issues as they were over the War in Vietnam...

History of Earth Day | History of a Movement | Earth Day Network

Of course, you had shit like the Cayahuga river in Cleveland catching on fire it was so polluted.

Of course, today, Cleveland is a ghost town because asshole like you moved their factories to China, and now they have the polluted rivers.

Money made in a foreign country cannot be taxed in America.

How hard is that to understand?

Drop the oppressive tax rates and you won't see business fleeing overseas.

Tax rates after deductions aren't the real issue. It's quasi Government demands that are causing our woe's.

Romney will do away with the repatriation tax along with costly "over" regulation. He'll convince companies to come back and get the country on a path to prosperity again.
The guy's a business RockStar.. vote for him. Save a nation.

The Dems are all about crushing business to create the nanny state. They do it an inch at a time.. They've been at it for 100 years.

Tax rates after deductions aren't the real issue. It's quasi Government demands that are causing our woe's.

Romney will do away with the repatriation tax along with costly "over" regulation. He'll convince companies to come back and get the country on a path to prosperity again.

The Dems are all about crushing business to create the nanny state. They do it an inch at a time.. They've been at it for 100 years.

again.

I like breathing clean air and I like drinking clean water.

I don't think letting business pollute America like they are currently polluting China is really an answer.

Hey copsnrobbers, I've been around since Harry Truman was in the White House, so I have SEEN what Democrats and liberals created from the New Deal through the Great Society. It was America's finest moment. It was an era with huge economic growth, shared wealth, fantastic successes in technology, vast expansion of citizen freedoms and liberties and the growth of a burgeoning middle class that defined this country and made America the 'city on the hill', the envy of the world.

That era ended at the end of the 1960's and the conservative era began. It has continued ever since. It has been a negative mirror image of the liberal era. We now lead the world only in the dubious like incarcerating human beings, killing innocent people and launching Hirohito sneak attacks on sovereign nations.

So my question copsnrobbers, what blame do Republicans and conservatives deserve? You can't have the power for 30+ years, profess 'personable responsibility', then turn around and blame those without power.

Forum List

Back