Is there a Liberal Media Bias?

Is there a Liberal Media Bias?

• Total voters
The only bias the media has is a ratings and ad review bias. This leads them to slant or frame stories around sex, sensationalism, and conflict -- real or not.

The truth has a liberal bias.

Cute catch phrase, but lacking in justification.

Truth requires you to be open to new ideas, new possibilities.

If you're only willing to see what you already know, then you will never understand the truth.

News gathering and fact checking should have a conservative bias, but it doesn't -- not even on FOX.

Fox is very liberal with the facts.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the USMB, I present, for your educational pleasure:

Relativism: ON PARADE

Enjoy!​

Truth requires you to be open to new ideas, new possibilities.

If you're only willing to see what you already know, then you will never understand the truth.

Really? So old ideas and 'a thing that may happen or may be the case', OKA: New Possibilities, This IS the truth?

Meaning what, that there are no old truths?

Last edited:
It seems like republicans are the ones who dominate the media. Every time I turn on the news, theyre hating on Obama for one thing or another.

Last edited:
It seems like republicans are the ones who dominate the media. Every time I turn on the news, theyre hating on Obama for one thing or another.

Oh, that would be the total and chronic failures, the promotion of failures, the abuse of power, the lies, the other lies, the treachery, the promoting of the interest and adherence to the enemies of the United States.

OH! And the failure, lies and treachery, the coverups and feckless denials of same.

Deceit <=> FRAUD <=> Ignorance
>>> >> S O C I A L I S M << <<<

Last edited:

You should pay a little closer attention. In recent days most of the angst over Obama has been coming from the left.

Dawn, it seems, has come to Marblehead!

I should think that's because Obama's such an opportunist that he's offended everyone by now.

My favorite is when four or five liberals have a "serious" roundtable discussion on whether there's a leftist bias in the media and soberly reach the conclusion that there in fact is not. MSNBC can be counted on to do that one every once in a while. Great fun.

:laugh:

because they must be liberals if they don't tow the fox line on it huh

"Toe the Line," NOT "Tow the Line"

by Tina Blue
August 14, 2003

I saw it again today, this time in a comment on an article on a political website. It referred to reporters who mindlessly "tow the administration's line."

Um, that should be "toe the line."

A lot of people who don't know the origin of the phrase picture someone pulling a rope, cord, or some other "line"--"tow the line"--as a way of working for whomever the "line" belongs to. Thus, if the administration has a "line"--i.e., a "party line"--then those who side with the administration help to pull it ("tow" it) along.

Wrong.

The phrase "toe the line" is equivalent to "toe the mark," both of which mean to conform to a rule or a standard. The Oxford Dictionary of Word Histories (Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press, 2002; ed. by Glynnis Chantrell) says, "The idiom toe the line from an athletics analogy originated in the early 19th century" (514).

The specific sport referred to is foot-racing, where the competitors must keep their feet behind a "line" or on a "mark" at the start of the race--as in "On your mark, get set, go!"

So one who "toes the line" is one who does not allow his foot to stray over the line. In other words, one who does not stray beyond a rigidly defined boundary.

"TOE the Line," NOT "TOW the Line"

It takes a village to try to educate you!

as we see Liberals don't care as long as it's in their favor...Lamestream media-Pravda

SNIP:

Posted by Jim Hoft on Sunday, January 26, 2014, 1:27 AM

Textbook propaganda on display by the Democrat-media complex.

A traffic jam on a bridge versus four dead in Benghazi–
Neil Cavuto put together this remarkable segment this week to show how the media reported the “Bridgegate” scandal, where there is no evidence Governor Christie knew about the bridge closing, versus the Benghazi scandal, where the Commander in Chief lied repeatedly to the American public about a protest and a YouTube video being involved.

This is not mere bias – This is corruption and propaganda–
1/24/14 Cavuto: Media bias, Hillary vs. Chris Christie - YouTube

there is no there there in bengazi and you refuse to accept the facts.

Its because you listen to fox news.

you are a perfect example of what fox does

I'm going to give you this (maybe) final chance to prove to the USMB readership you are not stupid.

This deals with Benghazi.

In the military, when help is needed by a beleaguered group or individuals it behooves his commanding authority to send reinforcements, supplies or an evacuation effort as quickly as possible and to not stop until the outcome is determined one way or the other or until they accomplish their rescue or reinforcement mission. OR, in unusual circumstances, once they know their rescue or reinforcement mission is impossible.

Now, we have seen the military brass and administration officials say with the certainty of leadership, that it would have taken too long for a credible reinforcement or rescue mission to have saved any of the four who died there on 9/11/12.

Here is a Washington Times excerpt of the Senate hearings on what happened at Benghazi that day.

With Gen. Dempsey beside him at the witness table, Mr. Panetta asserted that the U.S. military “spared no effort to save” the lives of Stevens, State Department officer Sean Smith and former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.

He argued that the manner in which the violence unfolded in Benghazi — with an attack on a diplomatic post, where Mr. Stevens is believed to have died, and a second on a nearby CIA annex, where the former SEALs were killed — rendered an effective counterstrike or rescue attempt impossible.

“These were actually two short-duration attacks that occurred some six hours apart,” Mr. Panetta said. “We were not dealing with a prolonged assault that could have been brought to an end by a U.S. military response.”

The assertion drew a harsh criticism from Mr. Graham, who asked: “Did you know how long the attack was going to last, Secretary Panetta?”

“No idea,” the defense secretary responded.

“Was any airplane launched anywhere in the world to help these people?” pressed Mr. Graham as the tension filled the hearing room.

Mr. Panetta said C-130 aircraft were ultimately flown in to evacuate American survivors, but Mr. Dempsey responded that if Mr. Graham was “talking about a strike aircraft,” the answer was no.

Obama punted to Panetta for U.S. response to Benghazi attack - Washington Times

And if you watch this video, starting at about the 2:35 mark you will hear the actual exchange between Sen. Lindsey Graham and Gen. Dempsey when Sen. Graham answers Panetta's comment with this remark:

"Well, it could have lasted two days!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCbopNTF2qE]Graham Questions Military Leaders on Response to Benghazi Attack - YouTube[/ame]

That is the question that neither Panetta nor Dempsey could answer to my satisfaction.

If you don't know how long an attack will last how do you know you can't get help to them in time to save their lives?

Can you understand the dilemma?

If you can do you now admit something is fishy with the administration's accounting of the event and/or their judgment and/or their tactical response to an SOS from a freakin Ambassador and a couple of SEALS?

If you can, then you will have reassured me that your opinion does count.

But if you can't you are stupid or a traitor.

Or both.

And I will have to withdraw all respect for your opinions.

You will have lost any credibility you once might have had.

So please give us your answer before sundown.

That's about how long Ambassador Stevens had before he was murdered.

@Truthmatters

In case you overlooked this chance to redeem yourself.

Here's a reminder.

M2

I wonder if any of the conservative whiners posting in this thread can find one example of when the left wing media has reported a political story accurately. If so, please provide the link.

Thanks.

"Pew Research Center reports that only 6 percent of scientists identified as Republican and only 9 percent identified as conservatives."

Using wingnut logic it would seem science too is liberal. So I guess 'gravity' is really a biased idea, you know a theory. Wingnuts are such fools it is almost too funny or too sad. Of course one could have great fun in this area, consider that according to the conservative right the earth is around four thousand years old.

Winguts since gravity is a biased liberal position take some time to check out their biased opinion by jumping off something, test it. See if you float.

Fox, Rush, Kochs, and corporations et al, have made the right wing the best puppets in world history. Their facts are so deeply believed they may as well stop learning, oh, they have! :lol:

"Russell Baker, legendary columnist for the New York Times, put the matter well in December 2003: "Today's topdrawer Washington news people are part of a highly educated, upper middle class elite; they belong to the culture for which the American system works extremely well. Which is to say, they are, in the pure sense of the word, extremely conservative.""

I answered the question in this link, read it right after you check out liberal gravity. http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/336924-is-there-a-liberal-media-bias-3.html#post8520585

I wonder if any of the conservative whiners posting in this thread can find one example of when the left wing media has reported a political story accurately. If so, please provide the link.

Thanks.

CBS reported that Obama's approval rating had sunk to an all time low after it was discovered that he lied about Obamacare, and the opening of the Health Care.gov site. Poll: Obamacare support, Obama approval sink to new lows - CBS News

Excellent! You found that to be accurate reporting?

How can you be sure?

Thanks.

CBS reported that Obama's approval rating had sunk to an all time low after it was discovered that he lied about Obamacare, and the opening of the Health Care.gov site. Poll: Obamacare support, Obama approval sink to new lows - CBS News

How can you be sure?

Cross reference. Everyone reported that his approval numbers dropped after the site went active. Now he's trying desperately to change the subject. He's trying to cover for his incompetence with the usual race-baiting and Marxism. He claims that the reason his numbers dropped is because of racism, and then he started talking about income inequality like it's the only thing that matters anymore. Even he admits it's true.

How can you be sure?

Cross reference. Everyone reported that his approval numbers dropped after the site went active. Now he's trying desperately to change the subject. He's trying to cover for his incompetence with the usual race-baiting and Marxism. He claims that the reason his numbers dropped is because of racism, and then he started talking about income inequality like it's the only thing that matters anymore. Even he admits it's true.

You are saying that CBS was not exhibiting liberal bias with that story, then?

Why are you trying desperately to change the subject?

We are talking about media bias. You said that CBS reported a political story without liberal bias....is that correct?

How can you be sure?

We are talking about media bias. You said that CBS reported a political story without liberal bias....is that correct?

Everyone once in awhile left-leaning news outlets report the unvarnished truth to maintain some level of credibility.

However, they do not do investigative reporting against the Obama Administration. They simply report what is easiest to report. He declining poll numbers.

Everyone once in awhile left-leaning news outlets report the unvarnished truth to maintain some level of credibility.

However, they do not do investigative reporting against the Obama Administration. They simply report what is easiest to report. He declining poll numbers.

Is that right? They don't do any investigative reporting when it comes to the Obama administration?

Is that right? They don't do any investigative reporting when it comes to the Obama administration?

No.

Forum List

Back