Is There A God?

No, technically we're not. Just because we share common DNA traits simply makes us the same species, not family. So, feel free to fuck off with that condescending "Brother" bullshit

Do you even know what condescending means? Webster 1828 defines condescending as:

1. Descending from rank or distinction in the intercourse of life; receding from rights or claims; yielding.

2. Yielding to inferiors; courteous; obliging.

That was how it was originally used in the English language. Anyway, I disagree we are all brothers and sister in the great tree of life. You seem upset.

No. that would be the expalnation of your religion. Facts are facts, and propaganda has nothing to do with it.

It seems that I am the only one being honest here and that I was correct that you believe that you are the only one who knows what the facts are.

If you claim to believe that the Bible is truthful, and accurate, yes, it is irrational.

Can you show me where I made that claim, brother? Is that really the comment you were responding to? Can you at least identify the post number so that I may see the words I wrote?

It is irrational to point out the inconsistencies in your Bible? That's funny. There is nothing irrational in quoting the Bible. What is irrational is believing that such a contradictory, irrational 2,000 year old book of myths is any more than it is - a 2,000 year old collection of myths, and legends.

I couldn't be more happier for you to believe that. I also couldn't find it more irrational that you want to discuss something you don't believe.

You're right, honest men can. Unfortunately, your religion doesn't promote the honest exchange of ideas, because any time someone dares to challenge your "faith" you lash out, call the challengers "militant", "jerks", and refuse to answer the challenge. Then you pat yourself on the back like you have made some point. As to making me "... look foolish using secular arguments," be sure to let me know when you think you have actually done that.

lol, just look at every single reply I have made to you. Just look at how angry you are. The proof is in the pudding, brother.
If you think this is anger, you don't get out much. The "brother" thing does annoy me. It presumes a familiarity with me that you have not earned. So, kindly quit referring to me by a title you have no right to. We are not brothers, there is no "tree of life", there is genetics.

As to all of the rest. You keep talking about beliefs. I don't have to believe anything. Things either are, or they are not. If they are, they can be proven. If they are not, they cannot be. Belief has nothing to do with it. Belief is your failing, not mine. That is the problem with religion; it requires accepting things for which there is no evidence. There is another word for accepting things for which there is no evidence - it's called delusion.
So what part of my saying believe whatever you want did you not understand? It seems to me that you are trying very hard to make me try to convince you.

If you want to believe I have no evidence or proof for believing the way I do, I'm fine with that. I hope you don't mind if I disagree. The only question left is are you going to prove me right about you wanting to argue about it.

If you don't want me to call you brother anymore, then I suggest you change your tone, brother.
LOL. You keep talking about belief, like this is a matter of belief. ?Facts do not require belief. Scientists don't get together every Sunday singing, "Yes, Gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down!"

If they did that, we would think they are pretty insecure about it. The only person here who seems to think that belief, and faith are important is you. Why is that, sister?
Thank you for proving my point, brother.
And what point would that be, sister?

Do you even know what condescending means? Webster 1828 defines condescending as:

1. Descending from rank or distinction in the intercourse of life; receding from rights or claims; yielding.

2. Yielding to inferiors; courteous; obliging.

That was how it was originally used in the English language. Anyway, I disagree we are all brothers and sister in the great tree of life. You seem upset.

It seems that I am the only one being honest here and that I was correct that you believe that you are the only one who knows what the facts are.

Can you show me where I made that claim, brother? Is that really the comment you were responding to? Can you at least identify the post number so that I may see the words I wrote?

I couldn't be more happier for you to believe that. I also couldn't find it more irrational that you want to discuss something you don't believe.

lol, just look at every single reply I have made to you. Just look at how angry you are. The proof is in the pudding, brother.
If you think this is anger, you don't get out much. The "brother" thing does annoy me. It presumes a familiarity with me that you have not earned. So, kindly quit referring to me by a title you have no right to. We are not brothers, there is no "tree of life", there is genetics.

As to all of the rest. You keep talking about beliefs. I don't have to believe anything. Things either are, or they are not. If they are, they can be proven. If they are not, they cannot be. Belief has nothing to do with it. Belief is your failing, not mine. That is the problem with religion; it requires accepting things for which there is no evidence. There is another word for accepting things for which there is no evidence - it's called delusion.
So what part of my saying believe whatever you want did you not understand? It seems to me that you are trying very hard to make me try to convince you.

If you want to believe I have no evidence or proof for believing the way I do, I'm fine with that. I hope you don't mind if I disagree. The only question left is are you going to prove me right about you wanting to argue about it.

If you don't want me to call you brother anymore, then I suggest you change your tone, brother.
LOL. You keep talking about belief, like this is a matter of belief. ?Facts do not require belief. Scientists don't get together every Sunday singing, "Yes, Gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down!"

If they did that, we would think they are pretty insecure about it. The only person here who seems to think that belief, and faith are important is you. Why is that, sister?
The only question left is are you going to prove me right about you wanting to argue about it.

The only question left is are you going to prove me right about you wanting to argue about it.
Argue about what? Your 2,000 year old fairy tales? Nah. I see no need. Your unwillingness to defend them, tells everyone you knew I was right all along. Have fun with your fairy tales. Just don't expect to convince anyone else that they are more than that.

I mean calling anyone who speaks out against religion "militant atheists" is like calling firefighters "aggressive water dispensers".

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Argue about what? Your 2,000 year old fairy tales? Nah. I see no need. Your unwillingness to defend them, tells everyone you knew I was right all along. Have fun with your fairy tales. Just don't expect to convince anyone else that they are more than that.

See? You are still doing it, lol.

Again I will say... I am not trying to convince you. You are wanting me to try to convince you. I am perfectly happy with you believing that I believe in fairy tales. You need to believe that to validate your own beliefs. I don't have that problem.

Again I will say... I am not trying to convince you. You are wanting me to try to convince you. I am perfectly happy with you believing that I believe in fairy tales. You need to believe that to validate your own beliefs. I don't have that problem.
You keep talking about what I believe. So, you are not a Christian?

No. I keep telling you that I could not care less what you believe. I keep telling you I am happy for you to believe whatever you want to believe. What part of this do you not understand, lol?

No. I keep telling you that I could not care less what you believe. I keep telling you I am happy for you to believe whatever you want to believe. What part of this do you not understand, lol?

Okay. I get to believe whatever I want. Thanks. Now will you answer the question?

Okay. I get to believe whatever I want. Thanks. Now will you answer the question?
If you are dead set on having this discussion I suggest you go here and we can discuss what evidence is and what proof is then we can have the discussion you are so desperately seeking to have with me.

Reason and Experience tell us that there is Evidence for a Creator

If you are dead set on having this discussion I suggest you go here and we can discuss what evidence is and what proof is then we can have the discussion you are so desperately seeking to have with me.

No. Just answer the question. Are you a Christian?

I didn't think you wanted any of that. You are smart to avoid that discussion, brother.

When you want to discuss the evidence for God, you know where to find me.

I didn't think you wanted any of that. You are smart to avoid that discussion, brother.
The only one avoiding anything, here, Sister, is you. You are avoiding answering a simple question. Why is that? Is the answer that frightening to you?

The only one avoiding anything, here, Sister, is you. You are avoiding answering a simple question. Why is that? Is the answer that frightening to you?
Not at all. It has nothing to do with anything. If you must know, I'm not a good one.

Not at all. It has nothing to do with anything. If you must know, I'm not a good one.
But you are a Christian?

Which brings me back to my original reply to your "belief" nonsense. Belief has nothing to do with it. As a Christian you choose to believe in 2,000 year old fairy tales. That isn't my belief, that is fact.

Which brings me back to my original reply to your "belief" nonsense. Belief has nothing to do with it. As a Christian you choose to believe in 2,000 year old fairy tales. That isn't my belief, that is fact.
At least I have evidence for my beliefs. You have none.

You have zero evidence for your beliefs. That much has been exposed here.

You say that as if you have the advantage. "Belief" is unnecessary when one relies on facts, not fairy tales.

You say that as if you have the advantage. "Belief" is unnecessary when one relies on facts, not fairy tales.
Of I have the advantage. I don't need to validate my beliefs like you do.

Do i agree?? Is this a drumroll?
:)
Why don't you shoot? You may get 2 pts, 3 pts, or an air ball ...
lol, no, that's what people do when they are having conversations with someone. They identify things they can agree on to identify the things they don't. I made a simple statement. One that I believe is self evident that is something that everyone should know. Do you believe that things you create can be used to learn things about you? Does this question make you uncomfortable?
I can't read your mind; don't understand your 1st Q. Please elaborate.
Re: 2nd Q ... Your 1st Q does not make me uncomfortable, but it does make me shake my head, slowly.
I am not asking you to read my mind. If you can't answer it, I'll understand.
Answer what?
Why are you beating around the bush?
I repeat: please elaborate on your Q, i.e., provide details.
I'm not beating around the bush. You are. Can I use something you created as evidence to learn things about you? Yes or no? It's not a complicated question.
Why do you keep asking that Q?
Why don't you just make your claim?
GO AHEAD!!!!

Forum List

Back