Is there a better band than AC/DC?

You lost me at Queen but Floyd is hard to top.
Awe man, that reminds me, I forgot Pink Floyd on my list of bands I seen live. I saw them twice at the LA Sports Arena. The first concert was their Animals tour. It was pretty good (once I got inside, more on that later), they did Animals the first half of the concert and did Dark Side the second half. I loved it!

The second concert was their Wall tour. I took acid that night and halfway there, my friend forgot his ticket. We had to go all the way back to his apartment and get it. I fuckin' hated driving on acid, but we had to do it. We got to the Sports Arena just as they were starting.

As far as the first time I saw them, it made the front page of the LA Times the next day. Because they busted 470 people for everything you could think of. My friends girlfriend even got a ticket for jaywalking. She only went halfway, then came back. But this asshole motorcycle cop comes roaring down the sidewalk and stopped us. Pink Floyd was so mad at what Daryl Gates did, that they swore they'd never play in LA again. But that ended with the Wall tour 4 years later.

Last edited:
Rush does suck... but there are a lot of bands better than AC/DC.

Hell, if it weren't for a handful of singles and the album Back in Black...

^mad Stryper fan... (consider the source).

I couldn't name a stryper song. Don't be mad at me because your shitty favorite band hasn't seen success since the early 80s. Consider the source, indeed.

I couldn't name a stryper song. Don't be mad at me because your shitty favorite band hasn't seen success since the early 80s. Consider the source, indeed.

yeah, no success at all, unless you count the 3rd most consecutive gold/platinum albums by any band ever, behind the Beatles and the Stones.

If only they could sell out Christian rock concerts like Slayer. :rofl:

I saw Cheap trick in 1980 they sucked.

That wouldn't surprise me. They strike me as a band that does mega quantities of booze -n- drugs. Never seen em live. I just really like "she's tight".

I bet they would be fun to party with...
Them and Motley Crew.

But if I had to pick one person in rock history to party with, it would be Keith Moon.

I saw Cheap trick in 1980 they sucked.

That wouldn't surprise me. They strike me as a band that does mega quantities of booze -n- drugs. Never seen em live. I just really like "she's tight".

I bet they would be fun to party with...
Them and Motley Crew.

But if I had to pick one person in rock history to party with, it would be Keith Moon.

UMMMmmm...?? Dunno...?? After I saw him in "Tommy" I'd be afraid to get too high and pass out. :eek:

yeah, no success at all, unless you count the 3rd most consecutive gold/platinum albums by any band ever, behind the Beatles and the Stones.

If only they could sell out Christian rock concerts like Slayer. :rofl:

Maybe you need to put your bifocals on if you want to retort, gravy train. Besides a handful of radio tracks during an age of record albums hinging on the oh so ostentatious "progressive" rock Rush may have sold records (which even shitty bands have managed to do) back in the 70s and early 80s but they haven't done shit since. And, to be honest, haven't really had much of an impact on music other than paving the way for audio crap bands like Dream Theatre.

Your fanboy hardon is noted and, summarily, disregarded. But please, keep tossing out 80s bands as if your skullet sill rocks, ROCKS!

carl-rock-hair.jpg

Maybe you need to put your bifocals on if you want to retort, gravy train. Besides a handful of radio tracks during an age of record albums hinging on the oh so ostentatious "progressive" rock Rush may have sold records (which even shitty bands have managed to do) back in the 70s and early 80s but they haven't done shit since. And, to be honest, haven't really had much of an impact on music other than paving the way for audio crap bands like Dream Theatre.

Your fanboy hardon is noted and, summarily, disregarded. But please, keep tossing out 80s bands as if your skullet sill rocks, ROCKS!

carl-rock-hair.jpg
Compared to the 60's, the 70's and 80's were pretty lean, rock-wise.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55iADHOMNvs]Stryper - Soldiers Under Command - YouTube[/ame]

Used to play the shit out of that opening riff.
Nailing all those pinch harmonics makes you sound like a guitar god...even if you're not.
;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back