CDZ Is the president the chief executive of the federal gov or not?

The constitution gives congress the power to "check" the power of the president. If congress has the votes, the house can vote to impeach, and the senate can vote to convict based on any reasoning they choose. But until this is done, the president is the boss of the executive branch.
Well, yes, but would you cotton to Congress taking that action capriciously rather than after having in hand the conclusions of an independent investigation about whether one or several actions or capacities of the POTUS warrant doing so?

Yes, Congress can arbitrarily and at its discretion impeach and remove from office a sitting POTUS. The members who did so do it at their political peril.

Didn´t Trump say "I hope the investigation can be ended". That and nothing more? No order, no pressure, just a personal opinion. I don´t think that the President can stop investigations. Aren´t investigations required by the law and not by persons in the end? However, just an opinion. What´s going on in America? Has the state of law turned upside down? Not that Trump shouldn´t fuck off with his missiles, but this is really disturbing.
If the president of the United States says "I hope you can let this go" it is very hard to not be influenced. Especially considering he is the one that can fire you. If my boss says, " I hope you can stay late " I would seriously consider staying late. And believe me ,he isn't the boss of a country.

The discussion as reported by Comey doesn't constitute obstruction but it is questionable behaviour, but when followed with Trump firing Comey, it does demonstrate "intent", especially with Trump's comment that he fired Comey because of the "Russia thing".

Forum List

Back