Is the Massive Record-Shattering Heat Wave a Hoax Too?

Does the Massive Long-lasting Heat Wave Give You Reason to Believe in Global Warming?

• Yes

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Don't know/Unsure

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Environmental precautions contradict adaptation.

The philosophy behind the prevention of "climate change" is so fucked.

For fucks sake a super volcano can spew more toxins into the atmosphere than man could possibly create over a half century of our progressive polluting...

The notion that humans could destroy the planet is absolutely hysterical..

Hell, I highly doubt could destroy humans as a species...Sure most, but not all...

For fucks sake a super volcano can spew more toxins into the atmosphere than man could possibly create over a half century of our progressive polluting...

Hell, I highly doubt could destroy humans as a species...Sure most, but not all...

The purpose of "global warming" is to elect Democrats, it has nothing to do with climate

The best part about all this AGW bullshit is that we're currently coming off an ice age so of course the earth is warming..

This has only happened at least 2 dozen times already.

Hell, at one time our earth was one gigantic chunk of ice - they call it "snowball earth."

The purpose of "global warming" is to elect Democrats, it has nothing to do with climate

Is there a stupid contest underway that I'm not aware of?

If so... You two dunderheads are neck and neck.

Correct...

This AGW bullshit is just another example of people doing what they're told to do.

Its like some are sheep... They don't know jack shit so they trust those who they believe do and they allow those people to dictate their lives..

In Illinois during July 1936 (most of Midwest was under this heat wave) here are some facts from selected cities:
Charleston - The mean temperature in Charleston for the month was 84.7 and the average high was 99! The 14th and the 15th both reached 110, which stands as the highest the city has reached to this day. 15 days were above 100 F and from the 6 to the 15th highs were above 105.

Danville - The average high temperature for July was 98.8 and the daily mean temperature of 82.1. On the 14th, the heat wave peaked at 112, which is the all time record. 15 days were above 100 F and 3 days had temperatures above 110.

Decatur - 17 days were above 100 degrees in July of 1936 including everyday from the 4th through the 17th. The average high for the month ended up at 98.9 and the mean temperature was 84.1. The highest temperature was 110 on the 14th, which stands as the second highest temperature.

Jacksonville - The average high temperature was 100 degrees for July of 1936 and the mean temperature was 84. The heat peaked on the 14th when the temperature reached 111, which is the 3rd highest for the city of Jacksonville. From the 4th to the 17th everyday was above 100 and 18 total days were above 100 for the month.

Lincoln - 17 days in Lincoln had a high temperature of 100 in July of 1936 and the average high temperature was 100.1. The daily mean temperature was 85.1. The heat peaked on the 15th when the temperature got to 113. That still stands as the all time record. Highs were at or above 100 from the 4 through the 17th and there were also 4 straight days of 110 or higher from the 12th through the 15th.

Palestine - The average temperature for the month of July in Palestine was 85 degrees and the average high was 99.2. 14 days were above 100 and on the 14th the mercury jumped to 112, which stood as the all time record until 7/14/54. From July 6th through the 15th the highs were at least 105.

Springfield - The average high for July in 1936 was 98.3 degrees and the average temperature was 86.2. On the 10th, the temperature peaked at 110 and 17 days were spent above 100. Highs were above 100 from the 4th through the 15th. On top of that, nighttime didn't provide much relief. Overnight lows were at or above 80 from July 7th to the 14th. 30 people in Springfield died as a direct result of the heat and the heat contributed to 20 other deaths.

Urbana - The average high in Urbana was 95.9 and the average temperature was 83. On the 14th, the mercury rose to 108, which stands as the second highest on record. 13 days were spent with highs at or above 100.

Windsor - The average high in Windsor during the heat wave was 98 and 14 days were at or above 100. Highs would be above 100 from the 5th through the 15th. On the 14th, the temperature jumped all the way to 111, the highest for the city. The city would average a temperature of 83.9 for the month.
Weather Vault: July 1936 Heat Wave - IllinoisHomePage.net
And let's not forget the massive spring floods of 1993 AND 2011!

There is one party in the modern world that doesn't believe in global warming- our anti-science anti knowledge no compromise Ugly 'Merican loudmouth bought off Pubs....
1983:eusa_angel:

Depressing that we have to engage in such a stupid "debate," ain't it?

There is one party in the modern world that doesn't believe in global warming- our anti-science anti knowledge no compromise Ugly 'Merican loudmouth bought off Pubs....
1983:eusa_angel:

Depressing that we have to engage in such a stupid "debate," ain't it?

We all have our crosses to bear. Your side has to engage in stupid debate and we have to debate the stupid. I suppose those actually are consistent if you think about it...

Oh you win.

I'm trying to get a liberal in here to explain what caused the Little Ice Age. Little Ice Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or why the ice caps of Mars are melting? Mars is Melting - NASA Science

Or why between 1998 and 2008, a time period when man-made CO2 from burning fossil fuels increased by nearly a third, world temperatures did not increase?

Explain this to everyone please.

Wait a minute...

I thought that weather and climate were supposed to be two different things. :eusa_whistle:

Only when its warmer, and only in the Continental US -- except during the 1930's.

CO2 causes high pressure systems, but only manmade CO2

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Oh you win.

I'm trying to get a liberal in here to explain what caused the Little Ice Age. Little Ice Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or why between 1998 and 2008, a time period when man-made CO2 from burning fossil fuels increased by nearly a third, world temperatures did not increase?

DENIER! :eusa_shhh:

Oh you win.

DENIER! :eusa_shhh:

The "Warming" on the so called planet "Mars" does not mean that Manmade global warming isn't real....the sun is like cooler than its ever been in like billions of years yet the glacier are still melting here Earth because of CO2. God I get so tired of explaining settled science to the deniers. See Mars and Earth are not even the same planet! If more that 6% of Republicans subscribed to SCientific American you'd know that! So that's why Global Warming is for real -- on Earth, not on Mars

That's the current conservative position on climate change (global warming), isn't it? That's it's all made up somehow?

Or is this massive heat wave a harbinger of things to come? Maybe we're looking at the new normal. Maybe we'll one day look back fondly when the temperature only topped out at 105 degrees.

I've included a poll question. Please note that the question is different from the subject line.

I about blew up the snowblower this past Jan / Feb.

Forum List

Back