Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

So let's recap kids:

Obama and the Dems damn near shutdown the U.S. economy with their Obamacare, regulations, taxes, etc., and now that they see they are going to get hammered in '12 over the economy, they blame it on the Republicans.

Priceless.

Again, not relevant to what the GOP is doing, or not doing. What has the GOP done to help the economy along?

It is 100% relevant. The OP claims the Reps are out to sabotage the economy that is still in collapse mode after Obama and the Dems spent Trillions to literally fail at meeting any of their own benchmarks.

Have the Reps stopped Obama from doing a single thing yet? Have the Reps passed anything in 6 months made it passed the Senate/Obama to criticize?

So let's recap kids:

Obama and the Dems damn near shutdown the U.S. economy with their Obamacare, regulations, taxes, etc., and now that they see they are going to get hammered in '12 over the economy, they blame it on the Republicans.

Priceless.

Again, not relevant to what the GOP is doing, or not doing. What has the GOP done to help the economy along?

Are you kidding me...they passed numerous bills for jobs...well, they passed uh, 150 bills creating jobs...whats that now?...they passed NONE...my bad.

Sorry, the GOP could care less about jobs even though they ran on job creations. They have the balls to say raising taxes on the top 1% will kill jobs? Really? What the fuck do they even know about job creations?

It's difficult to do when the Marxists control the Senate and the White House. But no worries, that will change in '12.

Schmuck Schumer is the epitome of ugly and dirty politics and the fact he keeps getting reelected doesn't say positive things about New York.

It's some form of masochism exhibited by New Yorkers. They were clinging to their Weiner also.

I left NYC in the nineties... fuck that place. Between the taxes and regulations, you have to make $80k a year to just live in poverty.

I make more now than I made when I lived there and the cost of living is 50% less. Shit, my 3,000 ft home would have cost me $1.5 million... it cost me $300k here.

I was in NYC in 2008 and it seemed like I was in another country.

Someone from one of the 2 big parties is blaming the other party for all our country's ills?

STOP THE PRESSES!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who would've ever thought we had a partisan problem here in America?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qft~

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

Nothing of any real value is going to get passed in Congress as long as Dems control the Senate.

As long as the House prevents the left wing from further destroying our country, they are doing their job.

So let's recap kids:

Priceless.

It is 100% relevant. The OP claims the Reps are out to sabotage the economy that is still in collapse mode after Obama and the Dems spent Trillions to literally fail at meeting any of their own benchmarks.

....only to claim that they now have to do even more of what has clearly failed to deliver the goods.

Insane.

15 out of 18 bills passed are for naming new buildings?

Fire them all.

Of cousre partisan hacks on both sides will be busy re-electing them.

Can any of you hacks address this ....

15 out of 18 bills were passed for naming new buildings....SERIOUSLY, DEAL WITH THIS FOR A SECOND PLEASE.

Thanks! That's a great stat. Since everything congress is bad, it's good to know that of 18 bills 15 were meaningless. Three bills is bad, but it's a lot less damage then they usually do.

It's some form of masochism exhibited by New Yorkers. They were clinging to their Weiner also.

I left NYC in the nineties... fuck that place. Between the taxes and regulations, you have to make $80k a year to just live in poverty.

I make more now than I made when I lived there and the cost of living is 50% less. Shit, my 3,000 ft home would have cost me $1.5 million... it cost me $300k here.

I was in NYC in 2008 and it seemed like I was in another country.

The taxes on my 1,500 ft house on Staten Island were near $8,000. The taxes on my 3,000 ft house here are $1,500.

Are you kidding me...they passed numerous bills for jobs...well, they passed uh, 150 bills creating jobs...whats that now?...they passed NONE...my bad.

Sorry, the GOP could care less about jobs even though they ran on job creations. They have the balls to say raising taxes on the top 1% will kill jobs? Really? What the fuck do they even know about job creations?

It's difficult to do when the Marxists control the Senate and the White House. But no worries, that will change in '12.

That's what I heard in 2000, sadly the next 6 years of nothing but repubs made Clinton look so conservative he'd pass for a jewish accountant.

Every administration/congress is more fiscally liberal than the one before it, D or R is completely inconsequential as decades of history has shown.

So let's recap kids:

Priceless.

Again, irrelevant. Or are you trying to claim it is impossible to sabotage a weak economy, because that economy is already weak?

Cause that's weak.

That's what I heard in 2000, sadly the next 6 years of nothing but repubs made Clinton look so conservative he'd pass for a jewish accountant.

Every administration/congress is more fiscally liberal than the one before it, D or R is completely inconsequential as decades of history has shown.

Jewish Accountant?

What does this mean?

Jewish Accountant?

Yes...............conservative with funds, aka good with money, responsible, etc.

Again, irrelevant. Or are you trying to claim it is impossible to sabotage a weak economy, because that economy is already weak?

Cause that's weak.

The premise is retarded... but hey, run on that in '12... I beg of you.

:lol:

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

Why would Republicans not work toward making the recovery happen sooner and faster?

Just because they want to retake the WH next year and they see a bad economy as a winning issue for them?

Just because many of them have said that they want Obama to fail?

Just because Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said that his TOP legislative priority was to defeat President Obama?

What nonsense!

That's every Republicans top priority. to defeat obiedick, that don't mean we want the economy to tank. that's what makes you assholes dumbasses. you spew pure vile and stupid accusations and THEN you want us to work with you? What a load of shit.

Schumer is a great senator and you're brainwashed and probably an anti-semite. Weiner was too and probably would have survived with a different name. Imagine NYers being interested in policy and progress and fairness and stuff.:evil::eusa_angel:

Jewish Accountant?

Yes...............conservative with funds, aka good with money, responsible, etc.

Wow, stereotype much?

You liberals always show your ass given the opportunity.

Cause that's weak.

It'll be better than the GOP platform of "The Dems are Bad So Vote GOP"

Schumer is a great senator and you're brainwashed and probably an anti-semite. Weiner was too and probably would have survived with a different name. Imagine NYers being interested in policy and progress and fairness and stuff.:evil::eusa_angel:

Knock it off, Schumer's a scumbag... period.

Cause that's weak.

It'll be better than the GOP platform of "The Dems are Bad So Vote GOP"

The GOP will run on the Dem's record. That's all they need to do is continually remind people of: 60,000,000 unemployed, inflation, $4 gas, 4 wars, $14,000,000,000,000 debt, deficits as far as the eyes can see, worthless $, feckless foreign policy, etc.

Hmm...Schumer is an ass. He is an ass by the way.

So what you have is that Schumer is Jewish, so obviously he's an anti-Semite. And we're against Obama so we're racist. And against Hillary so we're sexist.

And that's all because we take it easy on Protestant white males. Guys like Clinton, Kerry, Biden, Gore, get a pass because we're OK with liberal white males, they don't bother us at all. Good point there.

:cuckoo:

Think it could be the "liberal?" I'm just asking. Somehow someone wanting to control my life bothers me and I actually don't care if they are Jewish, black, female or a protestant white male...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back