Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

There are elitist mega rich Pubs, and there are ignorant, careless, (racist?), myth believing, hopeless dupes (very nice people otherwise, and I don't blame them TOO much- the Pub propaganda machine is huge and experienced)). And there aren't any Pubs on HERE.
Of course they are- they'll do anything for power...:fu::eusa_angel:

Yes, Dems, Republicans are responsible for "The Summer of Recovery Part II: Rise of the ATM's"

Once again, whatever any of this think the Dems did or did not do, has no impact on the conversation about the GOP preventing a recovery.

I have seen nothing from the GOP that is pro-jobs, so I for one agree that they are preventing a recovery.

Schmuck Schumer is the epitome of ugly and dirty politics and the fact he keeps getting reelected doesn't say positive things about New York.

It's some form of masochism exhibited by New Yorkers. They were clinging to their Weiner also.

I left NYC in the nineties... fuck that place. Between the taxes and regulations, you have to make $80k a year to just live in poverty.

I make more now than I made when I lived there and the cost of living is 50% less. Shit, my 3,000 ft home would have cost me $1.5 million... it cost me $300k here.

Last edited:
yessss yes, they are pushing grammie off a cliff and keeping people po'...I for one since my wife and I "living in the bay area" and earn over 250k are going to take our private jet to the Koch compound in Utah this weekend for July 4th......

Scalias manning the BBQ, soy marinated puppies with arugula walnut salad ( yes cons eat arugula too you know)...

“And we need to start asking ourselves an uncomfortable question – are Republicans slowing down the recovery on purpose for political gain in 2012? … [N]ow it is becoming clear that insisting on a slash-and-burn approach may be part of this plan – it has a double-benefit for Republicans: it is ideologically tidy and it undermines the economic recovery, which they think only helps them in 2012.”

Says nothing about pushing grannie off a cliff or keeping people poor. What Schumer suggests is that for political purposes only the Republican Party has adopted slow play, a conscous effort, dare I say conspiracy, to keep the economy from recovering before November 2012. In fact the economy is doing fine for the wealthy, so it's no skin off the nose of the the R's, those they represent are doing well, the hell with the rest of us.

And, btw, I live in the Bay Area too, and two adults earning $250,000 a year ain't no big deal. Many in my neighborhood earn that and more and no one has even a part time ownership of a private jet (of course I know you were blowing smoke, you always do).

So let's recap kids:

Obama and the Dems damn near shutdown the U.S. economy with their Obamacare, regulations, taxes, etc., and now that they see they are going to get hammered in '12 over the economy, they blame it on the Republicans.

Priceless.

The Democrats are economic Jihadists. They strapped their failed Keynesian ideas to the US economy and hit the Detonator.

So let's recap kids:

Obama and the Dems damn near shutdown the U.S. economy with their Obamacare, regulations, taxes, etc., and now that they see they are going to get hammered in '12 over the economy, they blame it on the Republicans.

Priceless.

Again, not relevant to what the GOP is doing, or not doing. What has the GOP done to help the economy along?

So let's recap kids:

Priceless.
When the only tool in your belt is a hammer...everything looks like a nail...

So let's recap kids:

Priceless.

The Democrats are economic Jihadists. They strapped their failed Keynesian ideas to the US economy and hit the Detonator.

Seriously, one has to wonder if this really wasn't the game plan all along.

15 out of 18 bills passed are for naming new buildings?

Fire them all.

Of cousre partisan hacks on both sides will be busy re-electing them.

Can any of you hacks address this ....

15 out of 18 bills were passed for naming new buildings....SERIOUSLY, DEAL WITH THIS FOR A SECOND PLEASE.

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

Why would Republicans not work toward making the recovery happen sooner and faster?

Just because they want to retake the WH next year and they see a bad economy as a winning issue for them?

Just because many of them have said that they want Obama to fail?

Just because Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said that his TOP legislative priority was to defeat President Obama?

What nonsense!

15 out of 18 bills passed are for naming new buildings?

Fire them all.

Of cousre partisan hacks on both sides will be busy re-electing them.

Can any of you hacks address this ....

15 out of 18 bills were passed for naming new buildings....SERIOUSLY, DEAL WITH THIS FOR A SECOND PLEASE.

I'd be happy if congress never passed another bill.

So this is it... this is the path the Obama-bots are going to take.

So the reason the economy has not even started to recover is because 6 months ago Reps took over the house and didn't what, save the USA? Did the Senate or Obama pass the budget the Reps sent? I'm at a loss here, while I'm no GOP fan are you guys really trying to say that the incredible filibuster the Dems have done to the Reps on any "meaningful" legislation does not count as destructive but yet the Reps get the criticisms for Obama and his Dem congress's lack of a recovery that they spent like 5 trillion on?

So let's recap kids:

Priceless.

Again, not relevant to what the GOP is doing, or not doing. What has the GOP done to help the economy along?

Are you kidding me...they passed numerous bills for jobs...well, they passed uh, 150 bills creating jobs...whats that now?...they passed NONE...my bad.

Sorry, the GOP could care less about jobs even though they ran on job creations. They have the balls to say raising taxes on the top 1% will kill jobs? Really? What the fuck do they even know about job creations?

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.
This, from the agitprop pinhead who chides others for supposedly "parroting in the echo chamber"?!?!?

Dude....seriously! :lmao:

Someone from one of the 2 big parties is blaming the other party for all our country's ills?

STOP THE PRESSES!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who would've ever thought we had a partisan problem here in America?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liberals are absolutely incapable of taking responsibility for their own actions.

It's always someone else's fault.

"Someone else" is the bulwark of their ideology. Someone else's money, someone else needs to pay, someone else did it, someone else screwed it up, someone else needs to give me this, etc.

Liberals are absolutely incapable of taking responsibility for their own actions.

It's always someone else's fault.

Hell at this point I'd be happy if they would take any action on fixing the mess they've created.

Forum List

Back